Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 07:48 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times

Advertisements

Obots are beside themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 07:54 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
I don't think Obama will go much below 40% approval. I think the 37 may well be an outlier. RCP avg still has him at 40.4. It's interesting to look at W Bush vs. Obama approval by party affiliation, which you can do at Gallup:
Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama | Gallup Historical Data & Trends
Presidential Approval Ratings -- George W. Bush | Gallup Historical Trends

Obama's approval among Democrats is currently 76, and has never gone below 74. In essence he gets the nod from at least 3 of 4 Democrats no matter what.

W Bush, by contrast, went as low as 55% among Republicans late in his second term. Consider the non-stop calamities of the Obama admin--IRS scandal, Fast & Furious, continuous economic malaise, Obamacare, etc. By contrast Bush had 1 major hangup, and that was the execution of the Iraq occupation. Conclusion: Democrats are much more likely to base their approval solely on partisanship. That is why Obama will never go much below 40%, IMO.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:59 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Not to worry...after the main stream blowhards get done it will be up in the stratosphere again.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:19 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
It is all W's fault. Had he not handed O such a terrible hand, why the sky, no the universe would have been within reach for Mr Obama. LOL

Oh, and something about playing the hand dealt. And, when the chickens come home to roost.

What a fraud and incompetent this man has proven to be.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:23 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
It is pretty funny looking at some of the attempts to spin the latest numbers. The very same people that lived and died by Presidential Approval Ratings in the two terms of Bush 43 are now saying that the very same data is invalid.

Obama's #'s are poor, no one is discounting that. However, the difference cimpared to the last few years of W when his #'s were poor is the fact that the Republicans's #'s are considerably lower now than the Democrats #'s were in Bush's 2nd term.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I don't see this as a direct attack on obama, but in government in general.

We The People are fed up, being led to the lions.
The grabbing of power is not being hid, like it was before the internet appeared.
Waking up and seeing the big picture and you see the fundamentals of the USA being changed right before your eyes.
Blame it on the uneducated, that didn't understand exactly what fundamentally changing America, really meant.
This nation is entirely based on the fundamentals drawn out in the US Constitution.

A smart man once said, " The experiment will end, when the people realize they can vote themselves to take the treasury of the USA"
Boy...you lefties will fall on your swords for this fraud, wont you?!! Are you serious?? THIS IS HIS SIGNATURE LEGISLATION!!!! THIS IS HIS BABY!!

NOT ONE GOP VOTE WENT WITH THIS!!

We strong armed, lied and cheated to get this passed!!!

IT HAS HIS NAME ON IT!! "OBAMACARE"!!

This directly is at him!!

Old 11-20-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Obama's #'s are poor, no one is discounting that. However, the difference cimpared to the last few years of W when his #'s were poor is the fact that the Republicans's #'s are considerably lower now than the Democrats #'s were in Bush's 2nd term.
Bush is long gone.........get over it! Just wait until the EMPLOYER MANDATE hits next year!!

This nation is rotting from the inside........and Obama is ground zero.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:28 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Boy...you lefties will fall on your swords for this fraud, wont you?!! Are you serious?? THIS IS HIS SIGNATURE LEGISLATION!!!! THIS IS HIS BABY!!

NOT ONE GOP VOTE WENT WITH THIS!!

We strong armed, lied and cheated to get this passed!!!

IT HAS HIS NAME ON IT!! "OBAMACARE"!!

This directly is at him!!
If I would have known there would be a problem with the ACA website I never would`ve voted for Obama. You people are pretty funny.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:30 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Does your crystal ball know exactly when I`ll lose my healthcare and doctor? I`d really like to know.
By the end of the year which is a couple of months. BUT, if you are in a union, you will be coddled.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:31 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Bush is long gone.........get over it! Just wait until the EMPLOYER MANDATE hits next year!!

This nation is rotting from the inside........and Obama is ground zero.
I didn't bring up Bush, another poster did. I was simply pointing out the impact of Obama's poor #'s might not have the same impact on the 14 midterms as Bush's poor #'s heading into the 06 midterms due to the fact the GOP's #'s are considerably worse than the Democrats's #'s were back tgen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies