Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 06:42 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
No;I would have said Nixon but it seems Obama is out Nixoning Nixon.
I was just a baby when Nixon was president, but everything I read about him seems to be manifesting itself in Obama -- but fourfold or more.

Obama truly is the bottom of the barrel of presidents in my lifetime -- by a mile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 07:13 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Yeah, because we all know it was totally Congress' idea to invade Iraq.

Are you serious? This isn't a court of law and you don't get to play the legal technicality game. The Iraq War was the Bush administration's baby. And by the way, since your memory may be faulty, let me help you remember, before Congress even voted on authorizing Bush to invade Iraq (based upon a white paper given to them by the Bush administration that had every single caveat removed) the Bush administration said that they didn't need Congress' authority to invade Iraq because the administration would interpret Congress' previous authorization to use military force in the "war on terror" (SJ 23) and the Iraq War resolution of 1991 as giving him all the authority he needed to invade Iraq (AP report, August 26th, 2002).
But the end result was that Congress DID give the Bush administration the authority.

Also, in 1998, Congress passed and Clinton signed a bill making regime change in Iraq official U.S. policy.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:19 PM

14,248 posts, read 14,737,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Both Bush and Cheney were self centered, incompetent, vengeful traitors.

And I say this because of the Valerie Plame incident.

Here is a link for those of you that do not remember:

Valerie Plame - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hold both Bush and Cheney responsible.

And for those of you that do not understand the consequences of what they did - I would say the consequences was to cause great harm to our intelligence network. Effectively it told operatives that they could be used as political pawns.

Intelligence operatives are important to our country. They do not do their work just for money - they mostly do it to protect freedom and democracy.

There is no doubt in my mind that there would be less deaths of our military in the Middle-East if Bush, Cheney and Co. followed proper protocol.

The biggest and most dangerous fear for an intelligence operative is exposure. And for those of you that may say "Well, no harm came to her" - The point is it put fear and reluctance in other potential operatives.

Remember, most operatives are not employees of our government - they get no pensions, they have no legal protection - Again, they do it for the sake of doing what is right.

Bush and Cheney are disgraces.
Add Donald Rumsfeld and John Ash-croft and you about covered it being as bad as it can get.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:29 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
The Bush Administration dropped the ball when natural disaster struck, dropped the ball when it came to heeding PDB's regarding a planned terrorist attack, dropped the ball when it came to catching bin Laden (be it dead OR alive), and was as far as I can see a step backwards in most domestic matters.

And be honest: wasn't it just painful to listen to Bush speak? Cheney too, but in an entirely different way. Talk about sinister.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:32 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Yes, B&C, most disgraceful.......well, of course they are behind the Eyeslumic In Chief!

Old 11-20-2013, 07:32 PM

26,493 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Obama protected Cheney, and Plame's attorney said this: "We are deeply disappointed that the Obama administration has failed to recognize the grievous harm top Bush White House officials inflicted on Joe and Valerie Wilson. The government’s position cannot be reconciled with President Obama’s oft-stated commitment to once again make government officials accountable for their actions."

Per the OP's link.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:33 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
The Bush Administration dropped the ball when natural disaster struck, dropped the ball when it came to heeding PDB's regarding a planned terrorist attack, dropped the ball when it came to catching bin Laden (be it dead OR alive), and was as far as I can see a step backwards in most domestic matters.

And be honest: wasn't it just painful to listen to Bush speak? Cheney too, but in an entirely different way. Talk about sinister.
But the Tea Partier conservatives got Medicare Part D and for that they are ever grateful for the two guys who started spending us into bankruptcy...just pass it on to the kids should be the Republican motto.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Add Donald Rumsfeld and John Ash-croft and you about covered it being as bad as it can get.
John Bolton was a prize too.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
But the Tea Partier conservatives got Medicare Part D and for that they are ever grateful for the two guys who started spending us into bankruptcy...just pass it on to the kids should be the Republican motto.
I don't know from Medicare Part D. Something about a donut? But I'm pretty sure it was Cheney who said "deficits don't matter. We won the election and it's our due" or words to that effect.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:49 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Default Was George Bush and Cheney the most discraceful administration?

I think that dishonor would have to go to the Nixon administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies