Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 09:46 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why don't we just pass a bill making eating any meat illegal. That would satisfy all the Vegans and PETA members I guess...Geeze, pretty soon nothing will be legal. Let's push for less sodium, outlaw Trans fats, cut the legal drinking level to 0.00.00 and God only know what else, but make sure we make drugs legal. What are we coming to anyway???
Did you watch the video? It's not about banning meat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 10:57 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Drop the hypocrisy please. It's their property and what they do to their own property is none of our business.

Mind your own business. If you don't like to beat up animals, then don't. Just don't force your "moral code" onto others. I don't see you get this upset when hearing about weatherboarding or enhanced interrogation method.
Quote:
Humans aren't properties. Animals are not human.
Quote:
So is my TV or my car.

Again, animals are properties not human. As long as they are classified as properties, how to treat them is none of our business.

If you promote humane treatment of animals, you should promote animal equality and be sure to include roaches and rats.
Quote:
Not defending animal abuse. I am promoting animal equality. We need to treat all animals equally. Rats and roaches included.

Slaughtering cows and chicken by the millions somehow is morally superior than punching a dog.
You know, at first I was beyond pissed at you, but I'm getting what you are saying now. What's interesting is that others are not. I do NOT agree with you that "animals are property" and that people have the right to do with them as they please. Those are living, breathing creatures. NOT property. Your TV is a piece of property. An animal is NOT property.

"Let the animal roam free"...ok, in September, one of my cats got out of the house. I left the door open, and he waltzed back in on his own at 3 in the morning. I guess he wanted to be here, not out there. So much for your theory.

NO ANIMAL should be abused. NONE. Not bugs, not dogs, not farm animals. Saying that you freely and gleefully kill a cockroach, "splat!" doesn't make you any better than one who gouges a pig's eyes.

Killing a cockroach for the sole purpose of, "it grosses me out" is NOT the same as HUMANELY killing a cow for meat. You have a point, in what you are saying, but you aren't quite fully grasping everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Unless you buy your meat from a local farmer, the sad fact is that you more than likely ate meat from an abused or neglected animal. This is just the reality of factory farming.
Ding! So I guess your "unless" is pointless now isn't it! You think I don't know the "reality of factory farming" just because I eat meat? Get off of your high horse.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:59 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Locked up 24x7 and fed with hormone and chemical loaded "food" with the sole purpose of growing as fast as possible and then being slaughtered. Would you do that to your children or even your dog? If not, how is that not abuse?

Do you think they raise their cows or chicken like how you raise your chiwawa?
I don't have a "chiwawa" [sic]

I DON'T BUY MY FOOD FROM FACTORY FARMS! Loving the assumptions here.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't have a "chiwawa" [sic]

I DON'T BUY MY FOOD FROM FACTORY FARMS! Loving the assumptions here.
Just a figure speech. No need to take it literally. I do not know what you have but if you have any pet, that's abuse.

Unless you raise your own chicken, you would never know how the animals have been treated.

Also how much difference does it make if you lock your chichen in a small cage or a yard? You still deprive them of their freedom.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:55 PM

The more I know about human, the more I like animals. Human are pretentious, hypocritical and disgusting. They would torture each other for fun. You post a video about a dog being torture, you may get a million hate mails in an hour but somehow waterboarding is perfectly acceptable. People would expose dog torturer immediately but would cheer for heros torturing fellow human on TV. Don't forget those "I love my dog and I treat him better than family members but I don't care I took him away from his family and in order for me to get this one, so many more must die of agonizing mutation, genetic disease and birth defects." They are more than happy to digest meat and use products that are both made of animal products and came from animal experiment. Have anybody seen how animals going through experiments? Such as purposely induced tumor growing? Interestingly these people would claim they have the moral high ground.

I can't stop laughing. :-)

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 11-23-2013 at 02:05 PM..

Old 11-23-2013, 03:30 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,672 times
Quote:
Just a figure speech. No need to take it literally. I do not know what you have but if you have any pet, that's abuse.

Unless you raise your own chicken, you would never know how the animals have been treated.

Also how much difference does it make if you lock your chichen in a small cage or a yard? You still deprive them of their freedom.
No it's not. As I stated before, I don't lock my dogs up. I have a doggy door that allows them to come and go as they please.

Old 11-23-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
The more I know about human, the more I like animals. Human are pretentious, hypocritical and disgusting. They would torture each other for fun. You post a video about a dog being torture, you may get a million hate mails in an hour but somehow waterboarding is perfectly acceptable. People would expose dog torturer immediately but would cheer for heros torturing fellow human on TV. Don't forget those "I love my dog and I treat him better than family members but I don't care I took him away from his family and in order for me to get this one, so many more must die of agonizing mutation, genetic disease and birth defects." They are more than happy to digest meat and use products that are both made of animal products and came from animal experiment. Have anybody seen how animals going through experiments? Such as purposely induced tumor growing? Interestingly these people would claim they have the moral high ground.

I can't stop laughing. :-)
Are you trying to make comparisons between acting on TV and torturing dogs in real life and recording it?

Old 11-23-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Are you trying to make comparisons between acting on TV and torturing dogs in real life and recording it?
Did those who conduct waterboarding get punished in any meaningful way?

Please. If you admire a hero acting on TV, you are endorsing his behavior, which includes torture of your fellow human. That is wrong, plain and simple. May not be illegal but still wrong.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
No it's not. As I stated before, I don't lock my dogs up. I have a doggy door that allows them to come and go as they please.
I was not talking about you specifically. I am not sure which part of country you live but there's law, ironically, in place to forbid loose dogs on the street.

Is your doggy door open only to your fenced yard or to the public street?

By the way, you skipped the part that you took your dog away from his family and friends.

Like I said before, if you truly care about animals, a) you wouldn't eat meat, b) wouldn't keep any as pet, c) wouldn't use any product related to animals, and d) wouldn't kill any animals. However, doing so, you may as well be dead as it's impossible to do.

Most, who commented here, don't care. They only pretend to care to show off their "moral high ground" but in reality, they really don't give a crap. Have you seen them ever hesitate gobble up a big steak or swallow a medicine that was developed on thousands animals tortured to death? Nah, you won't find that.

As least, I am being truthful and selfish. I don't care and I think it's just part of the nature that we human need to use animals in a variety of ways. Maybe punching a dog satisfies someone's emotional need but it's certainly not for me. Is it abuse? Surely it is but I am not going to punish the person. If I do, I'd better start to punish myself first as what I am doing, eating animals, using animal products, and enjoying their companies aren't much better in anyway. Our human's lifestyle is directly supporting animal abuse in a magnitude that is unimaginably bigger than punching a dog, and we can't live without it.

So what gives you the right to punish others while you are doing the same thing?

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 11-23-2013 at 05:26 PM..

Old 11-23-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:

By the way, you skipped the part that you took your dog away from his family and friends.
Nope, I actually didn't. That never happened. I adopted my dog after he and his mother were left in alone in an empty house by his previous owners for god knows how long, without proper food. The mother was dead when help finally arrived but her son managed to survive.

Quote:
I was not talking about you specifically. I am not sure which part of country you live but there's law, ironically, in place to forbid loose dogs on the street
One of the things about living in a rural area is you are able to get a lot of land to yourself. Of course it really doesn't matter since my dog doesn't venture too far anyways. He is getting to that age where he isn't as adventurous as he once was. If he isn't on the porch, he is a couple of feet away from the house. The sheriff department has no problem with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies