Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 03:51 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times

Advertisements

It is not just Walmart that sells Tyson products. But this is where the video is. I am not a vegetarian by any means but I am horrified at the treatment of these animals. The workers in this video are malicious and should be prosecuted. Pigs are kicked. Baby pigs are slammed onto the cement floor. Pigs have their eyes gouged out. Its like a torture chamber. One of the farms are Wyoming Premium Farms in Wheatland Wyoming…. Sigh sigh sigh…..

WalmartCruelty.com - The hidden cost of Walmart's pork.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 03:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
I haven't bought Tyson products in decades. They also mistreat their chicken horribly.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:58 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
One reason why I have gone vegetarian. I've seen videos of that crap, it's horrifying. And anyone who can turn a blind eye to that or not be bothered by it at all is a monster in my eye.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:08 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,570 times
I agree with northnut, I went vegetarian over a year ago because I finally did what I had been too scared to do for too long and actually paid attention to what was going on.

You're fooling yourself if you think these torture chamber like methods are specific to any one company.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
I agree with northnut, I went vegetarian over a year ago because I finally did what I had been too scared to do for too long and actually paid attention to what was going on.

You're fooling yourself if you think these torture chamber like methods are specific to any one company.
Im happy about the undercover videoing because that is what it takes to bring this sort of thing to light sadly. Maybe they all should go Kosher as how it is suppose to be.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I haven't bought Tyson products in decades. They also mistreat their chicken horribly.
I have heard that about the chicken and won't buy that chicken brand well I do organic now anyways. Same with eggs and anything else I can purchase that is organic.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I have heard that about the chicken and won't buy that chicken brand well I do organic now anyways. Same with eggs and anything else I can purchase that is organic.
I don't eat any red meat at all after seeing what goes on in industrial feedlots and slaughterhouses. I just can't.
I do buy some truly free-range chicken from farmers up north. I go up there and see them outside, pecking in the dirt.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I don't eat any red meat at all after seeing what goes on in industrial feedlots and slaughterhouses. I just can't.
I do buy some truly free-range chicken from farmers up north. I go up there and see them outside, pecking in the dirt.
Thats how it should be with a building or structure if they want to go in. to give them shelter from the weather.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:34 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
i eat meat, i love meat, but ive looked at trying to go organic.

i know this meat ends up being substandard and not healthy.

friend at work has a chicken and if you compare the eggs it lays between the ones in these mills, its night and day.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Once people see these types of videos it changes them.
And just think..this is WITH government regulation and inspection no less.

It's quite easy to find a small farmer and buy from them.
You don't even have to buy the full cow..1/4 or even as small as 1/8.
And these small farmers have nothing to hide either; they invite you out to see their place.
They eat that meat too and use small processors who do excellent work.

Even the USDA promotes small farmers with "Know your farmer".

I'm now one of "those farmers"
"RumpRoast" is out in the pasture getting nice and fat on grass and cubes and hay when needed.
Three families, including myself, will be storing that meat in our freezers.
And then the cycle starts again.

FWIW bypass the Farmer Markets as they have turned yuppie along with yuppie prices.
$5-6 for a dozen eggs ? Gimme a break here. I could do $3/doz and still make a small profit.
They are cashing in on the "back to the farm" city crowd.

Find a farm that sells meat direct and you'll be much better off.
Get yourself a small freezer and keep it in the garage.

There are alternatives to supermarket meat/poultry.

Find your local farmer/CSA/etc..just put in your zip.
Local Harvest / Farmers Markets / Family Farms / CSA / Organic Food
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies