Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2013, 09:57 AM

88,640 posts, read 44,393,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? Not getting financial aid was my fault? Not being able to afford law school was my fault?
You act as if no one on the face of the earth ever worked for and financed their own college and law school education. Are you really that delusional?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 09:57 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,942,058 times
Quote:
Minimum lot sizes are designed to benefit homeowners and to prevent many renters from buying property, thus ensuring that purchasers meet or exceed the financial standards of incumbent homeowners.
Then go somewhere else.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:00 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,339,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Bull... local zoning is your problem. And don't tell me that its all the same. I've lived and worked in 46 states and zoning laws are different in every state, county, and city in this country. Sounds to me like you want to live on a 100x100 lot in the middle of a gated residential community and are mad because someone won't sell it to you when all the rest of the lots are 1 acre or larger.

I know you've been told over and over here, how to help yourself. You've been given excellent advice on buying and selling property, how to clean up your credit, how to better your job possibilities, but each and every time you make excuse after excuse. How bout just once... step up to the plate and DO SOMETHING to help yourself out. Without excuse. Without crying about how someone else is to blame for your lot in life. For once... admit that you made some mistakes and set out to FIX it. There's no shame in that. The shame comes in continually blaming others.

??? Show me a non-rural place in the continental (48) US where a 2,500-sf piece of land is purchasable and habitable. Minimums in the range of 6,000-10,000 sf prevail across the country.

And how do I clean up my credit if I have no money and am unwilling to declare bankruptcy? And since when is unwillingness to BK a bad thing?

Old 11-23-2013, 10:00 AM

3,999 posts, read 4,123,968 times
Quote:
??? Not getting financial aid was my fault? Not being able to afford law school was my fault?
Well.. who's fault was it?

Geez... our family got zilch.. nada... nothing.. in the way of financial aid.

Who's fault was it you couldn't afford law school? It sure wasn't mine. It wasn't the governments.

Why are you always looking to BLAME period? It's called life. It's not fair. Suck it up and deal.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
??? Show me a non-rural place in the continental (48) US where a 2,500-sf piece of land is purchasable and habitable. Minimums in the range of 6,000-10,000 sf prevail across the country.

And how do I clean up my credit if I have no money and am unwilling to declare bankruptcy? And since when is unwillingness to BK a bad thing?
There's a few around here.

What's your beef, anyway? I thought you wanted to go to law school, not sink money into real estate.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You act as if no one on the face of the earth ever worked for and financed their own college and law school education. Are you really that delusional?

I don't know of anyone who paid for law school by working for minimum wage. Do you, and what decade was it when this happened?

Old 11-23-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I don't know of anyone who paid for law school by working for minimum wage. Do you, and what decade was it when this happened?
Did you read the short blurb I wrote on how my son is pursuing HIS education and career? (BTW, he became a volunteer EMT and firefighter when he was too young to drive a firetruck or ambulance).

If you really want to, YOU WILL FIND A WAY and excuses don't advance you anywhere.

Society is NOT going to structure itself around your wants. It just isn't going to happen. Stop worrying about it being unfair or unjust and start saying "I refuse to be a victim, I'm going to get up and move on, no matter how many times I get knocked down".

Old 11-23-2013, 10:07 AM

3,999 posts, read 4,123,968 times
Quote:

You know what... you may have to go rural. And you know what... if your not willing to make that compromise... then... you're stuck. Period. Sometimes we don't find "perfect." Sometimes we settle. So which is more important. Being in the city or owning property? Jeez... this isn't rocket science. If you don't like the zoning laws in the city... MOVE!

You and I had this discussion a long, long time ago. If I remember correctly, you said your credit was ruined over 10 years ago... but... you've not missed a payment since then. But somehow your credit was still dropping... I don't remember the specifics... but it made no sense then, and you weren't willing to help yourself then nor now either...

Old 11-23-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
There's a few around here.

What's your beef, anyway? I thought you wanted to go to law school, not sink money into real estate.

I gave up on law school years ago, plus my bad credit would exclude me.

As a low earner, I don't view it as sinking money into real estate; I view home ownership as a hedge against rent inflation and as a way to acquire equity and wealth through reduction of mortgage principal - building wealth for myself instead of for a landlord. Isn't that a conservative principle?

Old 11-23-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Then be the first, if need be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies