Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 04:59 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
I hate to attack others- but your quote above is astoundingly wrong.

I Go to the gym 4-5 days a week- eat a very healthy diet of mostly fish (baked or broiled) lots of veggies, I do not smoke, eat donuts- I am 6'4" tall and weigh 184- hardly over weight- oh yes I indulge- in wine- and martini's on Friday

I have no debt- own my home with NO mortgage- frankly your post seems like a storybook from Nazi right wing republico garbage.

I as a responsible human being do not need to be lectured by uninformed individuals.
Aw nice save (edit).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 05:00 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
So with all these agencies we don't have pilots drunk,we don't have improperly maintained aircraft,we don't have negligent aircrew?
You want to volunteer to test the system without regulation? I don't

Quote:
Your money in the bank is insured up to $100K and you will be paid eventually,not the next day,not the next week.
And the F in FDIC stands for...............TaDa! F*E*D*E*R*A*L

But if you'd prefer no government involvement just give your money to Joe's Bank & Grill, maybe you'll get it back and maybe not.

Quote:
You mean we don't have medications that have terrible side effects right now?That are unsafe?
We do, usually from the companies with the better lobbies. Want to try some from completely unregulated companies? I don't!

Quote:
You seem to favor an ever expanding government to give you the sense of security when the fact is it is all an illusion.
All an illusion? Not at all. I'm confident boarding an airliner that the pilot has met certain standards, how is that an illusion? Is the insurance you mentioned for bank acounts an illusion? If so, why did you bring it up and then say it's all an illusion? There's an inconsistency there.

Quote:
The clause refers to the general welfare of the United States, NOT the people of the United States.

You didn't answer my question: WHAT is the US if not its people? Just dirt so why worry about it?

Old 11-24-2007, 05:04 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Somebody better tell John Edwards, actually he allready knows better than anyone! Study: Democrats the party of the rich*-*-*The Washington Times, America's Newspaper (http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071123/NATION/111230087/1002 - broken link)
Both political parties are for the rich. That's who government is for, mostly...the rich and big business.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:04 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,023,360 times
Spunky

I was out of line with the earlier post and did make the appropriate edit

Old 11-24-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Spunky

I was out of line with the earlier post and did make the appropriate edit
Ok, your right. I didn't mean to run it into the ground.

I can do that at times. . .

Old 11-24-2007, 05:12 PM

Also I did add Clinton above with the other Presidents, since Clinton was basically 'Reagan lite'- or serving Reagan's '4th term'.

Also nativedallasite is correct- both political parties are in fact in bed and having sex with the ultra rich and big business- I am sick of both political parties doing nothing but taking money from these snakes.

I do not feel having a choice of the lesser of the two evils is a choice in 2008.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:25 PM

34 posts, read 20,555 times
The political pendulum swinging back to the left is a pigment of your infatuation. You are in a minority and you will always be in a minority with those sorts of ideas. There is not going to be a revolution of the left, not in this country, not in the forseeable future. The only place I meet people that express the extremism witnessed here,-is here. The rest of the world is quite normal, going about their business from day to day, creating and loving their families and friends and largely, it seems voting conservative. The dream of a leftist socienty in the United States is the territory of the lunatic fringe left and only the lunatic fringe left. America, if anything is headed back to the right,- strongly. If we could figure out a way to overhaul the lunatic marxist public education system, i.e. abolish it, we would evolve as a civilized society at a much faster pace.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodsam View Post
The political pendulum swinging back to the left is a pigment of your infatuation. You are in a minority and you will always be in a minority with those sorts of ideas. There is not going to be a revolution of the left, not in this country, not in the forseeable future. The only place I meet people that express the extremism witnessed here,-is here. The rest of the world is quite normal, going about their business from day to day, creating and loving their families and friends and largely, it seems voting conservative. The dream of a leftist socienty in the United States is the territory of the lunatic fringe left and only the lunatic fringe left. America, if anything is headed back to the right,- strongly. If we could figure out a way to overhaul the lunatic marxist public education system, i.e. abolish it, we would evolve as a civilized society at a much faster pace.
WOWZA. . . Say it Sam!

Old 11-24-2007, 05:31 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Also nativedallasite is correct- both political parties are in fact in bed and having sex with the ultra rich and big business- I am sick of both political parties doing nothing but taking money from these snakes.

I do not feel having a choice of the lesser of the two evils is a choice in 2008.
Then vote for NEITHER of the two parties choices.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodsam View Post
Interesting post- 'civilized society' how about a fascist plutocracy ?
One thing is for certain both the far right and far left eventually meet at the other end of the spectrum- the good thing is that up to this point in our history the Constitution has prevented these swings back and fourth before getting out of control- whats transpired in the last 7 years may sabotage that grand concept in the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies