Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 08:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
They are, to a person, vile, despicable, mean, and disgusting people. We see their behavior here daily.
You, in the other hand, talk like a true gentleman ()

Talk about irony......When you use vile and disgusting language to describe other people, you prove you are a vile and disgusting person yourself.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:55 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Ironic, much?

When you try to characterize an entire group of people as being one thing, you've engaged in lazy thinking. That's what prejudice is. It's laziness. I don't want to get to know who you are as a person, I don't want to engage with you, I don't want to have to think about you as an individual. So the label I slap on you tells me all I need to know.

When someone says that all liberals are vile, mean, despicable---it's laziness. All liberals are all individuals. They each have their own unique experiences and perspectives. Each has a different set of beliefs from the others. In exactly the same way that all conservatives are all individuals. Each with their own unique experiences, perspectives, and political positions.

No one can say all conservatives are all one thing (even if it's a nice thing, like being logical and reasonable), and no one can say all liberals are all one thing.

People are all different.

The woman who attacked the other woman in the OP, she doesn't represent others. She acted on her own. And when you post on these threads, you don't represent all conservatives. Your posts reflect your opinions. You are acting on your own.

I agree completely with what you say except for the last paragraph.

The attacker does represent the International Solidarity Movement (and she wasn't alone in her quest for violence).

Old 11-22-2013, 09:06 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
I agree completely with what you say except for the last paragraph.

The attacker does represent the International Solidarity Movement (and she wasn't alone in her quest for violence).
This is the George Zimmerman situation all over again. The girl who wrote "Long Live Israel" went there looking for trouble. She found it. The woman didn't have to physically attack her, in doing so she pretty much did exactly what the girl wanted her to do.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:10 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
I viewed the entirety of the linked video and don't see a connection with the "liberals" the America-haters often complain about. My first reaction was that it looked like an American Taliban demonstration during which people who don't subscribe to their rhetoric are attacked. It seemed to me, also, that the event was provoked/staged by the young woman who, in the middle of a "get out of Palestine" protest walked into the middle of it and wrote comments which anyone would have predicted would incited anger amongst the otherwise peaceful demonstrators. It was filmed and there was a filmed sequence afterwards produced by a public relations firm whose client is Israel. Certainly, the young woman who did the pushing and shoving and shouting at the girl who was supporting Israel seemed under the influence of either alcohol or drugs ... or was othewise motivated to anger. Identifying her as a "liberal" is an attempt to troll and is a hateful comment in its own right. I'd identify that woman as a "radical" but we see radical behavior on the right and the left.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:26 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
What the woman in the video did was ridiculous and uncalled for, but in no way emblematic of liberals. After all, I don't blame all Christians or all conservatives for the small group of KKK members who burned a cross on my lawn as a kid because my family is Jewish (and liberal).
Every liberal that I know, who has cared to comment, thinks Israel has no right to exist and further that they are borderline evil racists who are attempting a genocide on the Palestinians.

Conversely, I have never heard a Christian speak fondly of the KKK and/or condone their actions. Quite the contrary actually.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I viewed the entirety of the linked video and don't see a connection with the "liberals" the America-haters often complain about. My first reaction was that it looked like an American Taliban demonstration during which people who don't subscribe to their rhetoric are attacked. It seemed to me, also, that the event was provoked/staged by the young woman who, in the middle of a "get out of Palestine" protest walked into the middle of it and wrote comments which anyone would have predicted would incited anger amongst the otherwise peaceful demonstrators. It was filmed and there was a filmed sequence afterwards produced by a public relations firm whose client is Israel. Certainly, the young woman who did the pushing and shoving and shouting at the girl who was supporting Israel seemed under the influence of either alcohol or drugs ... or was othewise motivated to anger. Identifying her as a "liberal" is an attempt to troll and is a hateful comment in its own right. I'd identify that woman as a "radical" but we see radical behavior on the right and the left.

You missed the "connection" because it was buried in your post - American-haters??? American Taliban???

Old 11-22-2013, 09:34 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Ironic how us conservatives are stereotyped as hateful people but some of the most hateful people i have met are liberals.
How true. You can see that right here on this forum, too.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
a/k/a "Tea Party" and also a wing of the GOP. Follow the bouncing ball.

Cool, thanks for self-identifying as a hateful troll - it helps explain your previous apologist post.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:59 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Every liberal that I know, who has cared to comment, thinks Israel has no right to exist and further that they are borderline evil racists who are attempting a genocide on the Palestinians.

Conversely, I have never heard a Christian speak fondly of the KKK and/or condone their actions. Quite the contrary actually.
I have never heard a Christian admit to supporting the KKK, though the police officer we reported the event to effectively blamed my family for the incident.

I've also only heard very few liberals support the end of Israel. That's not to say they don't exist, but they're a minority. Many liberals, myself included, have criticisms of Israeli policy. So, in fact, do many Israelis! Are the Jewish Israelis who support a 2 state solution or disagree with settlements "borderline evil racists"?

Old 11-22-2013, 12:17 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
I side with liberals on many issues (i.e. health insurance) but I have to admit that regardless of this (or other) incident, there are lots of hateful, angry or simply crazy among their ranks. Some so called "liberals" aren't true liberals at all, but joined their ranks to express hate towards America, the white society and traditional values. Sure, there are right wing nuts as well, but I think overall, there are less KKK supporters then crazy lefties. Maybe 50 years ago it was different, but today's trend is clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies