Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 10:15 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Right. Because women cry to get their way.
I have this personal loan that I took out. The bank expects me to pay it back. If I go into the branch tomorrow and lay on those tears they will forgive the loan?

I'll send you a check for half if they do. It's the least I could do for you saving me all that money with this brilliant idea of yours. Be about $4000, give or take a few hundred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 04:33 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This is a question that always irks me about equal rights. Men and women are equals under the law yet women do not have to sign up for selective service. Men however face not being able to vote an ability to get college loans should they not sign up for selective service. I want to know besides "it's the law" why women don't have to sign up for selective service.
The reason women were excluded originally was because Congress intended Selective Service to be only those able to serve in combat related MOS', which at that time was male only. In Rostker v. Goldberg, 453 U.S. 57 (1981) the Supreme Court held that this gender distinction was not a violation of the equal protection component of the due process clause, and that the Act would stand as passed.

However, that was when women were excluded from combat related MOS'. Since that has now changed, you can certainly expect another challenge to the Supreme Court if Congress does not amend the law first.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:33 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Because the military doesn't have a need for them to do so.
So the military can be sexist while any other branch of government or private sector job cannot be? Either it exists everywhere or nowhere. You have to take the good civil liberties with the bad.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
So the military can be sexist while any other branch of government or private sector job cannot be? Either it exists everywhere or nowhere. You have to take the good civil liberties with the bad.
Yes, the military can be sexist. It can also discriminate against handicapped, overweight and various other types of conditions.

Last edited by Minethatbird; 11-26-2013 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: mispelling

Old 11-26-2013, 11:37 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,309 times
Because feminism is not about being "equal under the law", it's about being more than equal. It's about keeping the privileges their grandmother's had for being the fairer sex but taking the privileges that they perceived men to have had.

This is an example of the hypocrisy:
75 Percent of Women Say They Won't Date Unemployed Men

As just one example, women being hypergamous in their nature, still for the most part expect a man to be the breadwinner and to take care of them. Which is perfectly fine but the problem comes in when women have supplanted a number of men in the workforce highlighted by the fact that the number of 24-54 year old men in the workforce is at a post WWII low. If true equality was what feminism was about than high paid females should have no problem and in fact welcome the opportunity to go out with and marry a man who's been supplanted by them in the workforce. But we know that's not the case. As a matter of fact a lot of women will not marry a man that is worse off financially than her. And that's fine because it's their nature and natural. What is not natural is women taking jobs that men need as breadwinners in a society.

Also if you look at the jobs women do there are still very, very few in traditionally male dominated professions. The dirty, union, painting, carpentry, laborers etc.. jobs. Where they went is into the white collar professions mostly and the jobs that women traditionally did like nurses, grade school teachers etc...

It was never about equality. It was about having endless choices and taking what they thought was good about being a man: slutting it up & supplanting men in roles they found "sexy" like high paying WHITE collar jobs. But it was never about "equality". It's about having your cake and eating it too.

It was never about being the sole breadwinner for the man whose place you took in the workforce.

It was not about doing hard union and construction jobs. Or fighting in wars etc... That's all the s**t the men can keep.

Ideally, it's about having a career, kids, AND a breadwinning man who makes as much or more than you so you have the option of quitting your job and being a stay at home mom, IF you want.

Any society that has millions of working aged men in their prime working years out of work, with no hope of a family or marriage or facing the breakup of their family because of the situation and at the same time has millions of households with two people earning high salaries because the women would only marry men with "good" jobs is a seriously messed up situation. But that's where it's at because the mid-late 60's were almost 50 years ago and society has only gotten more f***d up and bizarre every year since. I call it "The Freak Show". And that's exactly what it is.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post

What is not natural is women taking jobs that men need as breadwinners in a society.
No one is entitled to a particular job. If a man wants my job he can compete for it.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
No one is entitled to a particular job. If a man wants my job he can compete for it.
It's unnatural for a man to compete with a woman in the fashion you suggest. Of course a brainwashed post-modern mind like yours will not understand this. It's not your fault and I don't blame people like you.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:33 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
This is a question that always irks me about equal rights. Men and women are equals under the law yet women do not have to sign up for selective service. Men however face not being able to vote an ability to get college loans should they not sign up for selective service. I want to know besides "it's the law" why women don't have to sign up for selective service.

Because the ERA was defeated.

Look it up.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
It's unnatural for a man to compete with a woman in the fashion you suggest.
It is also unnatural to wear eyeglasses, but both men and women do it with ease all the time.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
It is also unnatural to wear eyeglasses, but both men and women do it with ease all the time.
Obviously you're exactly what I thought you were. A moron. Don't worry, you have plenty of company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies