Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 07:27 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,886,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
...say the supposedly peaceful gun advocates.

You guys seriously prove your opponents' case every time you open your mouths.

And your level of empathy for people harmed by other lunatics with guns is just overwhelming, too. Shows how sociopathic you are.
Which of your rights are you not willing to relinquish? What would you do to keep it? The 2A is the right to bear arms...Shall not be infringed. The manner in which the powers that be would enforce that is with deadly force. Hence the reason it is enumerated as a right - we can defend ourselves from tyranny.

You can submit like a good sheep but a lot don't want to. We are labeled as terrorists for thinking so.

Gun advocates are peaceful. They will defend what is theirs, is that violent?

Who will defend yours?

Old 01-04-2014, 09:04 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,737,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Which of your rights are you not willing to relinquish? What would you do to keep it? The 2A is the right to bear arms...Shall not be infringed. The manner in which the powers that be would enforce that is with deadly force. Hence the reason it is enumerated as a right - we can defend ourselves from tyranny.

You can submit like a good sheep but a lot don't want to. We are labeled as terrorists for thinking so.

Gun advocates are peaceful. They will defend what is theirs, is that violent?

Who will defend yours?
Somthing tells me he will not reply..

Old 01-04-2014, 09:48 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,435,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Care to elaborate?
As gunlover said, it is self-explanatory.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:52 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,435,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Who will defend yours?
Not me, that is for damn sure.

But then again, these kinds of anti-Americans want a tyrannical government, hell, they are determined to do everything in their power to make it possible. Which is precisely why they want us unarmed and compliant, instead of armed and defiant.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Not me, that is for damn sure.

But then again, these kinds of anti-Americans want a tyrannical government, hell, they are determined to do everything in their power to make it possible. Which is precisely why they want us unarmed and compliant, instead of armed and defiant.
100,000,000 Gun Owners
24,000,000 Verterns
70% of the armed forces

These parasites dont stand a chance in hell.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:05 PM

32,032 posts, read 15,030,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
100,000,000 Gun Owners
24,000,000 Verterns
70% of the armed forces

These parasites dont stand a chance in hell.
The name calling on both sides is getting really old. It seems this is what the extremist do. They hate each other. Hopefully the moderates will take over and squash both.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The name calling on both sides is getting really old. It seems this is what the extremist do. They hate each other. Hopefully the moderates will take over and squash both.
I am calling them for what they are tyrants, statist and parasites...

Is is wrong to name call ideologies which have killed more people then War, Poverty, Hunger, Disease, Crime and Natural Disasters combined? No

Their is nothing extremist about defending your rights from those who wish to limit, altar or abolish them.

I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!

Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed. Their mistaken course stems from false notions of equality, ladies and gentlemen. Equality, rightly understood, as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences. Wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.

Barry Goldwater.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:40 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 14 days ago)

29,538 posts, read 16,518,482 times
Quote:
I am calling them for what they are tyrants, statist and parasites...

Is is wrong to name call ideologies which have killed more people then War, Poverty, Hunger, Disease, Crime and Natural Disasters combined? No

Their is nothing extremist about defending your rights from those who wish to limit, altar or abolish them.

I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!

Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed. Their mistaken course stems from false notions of equality, ladies and gentlemen. Equality, rightly understood, as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences. Wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.

Barry Goldwater.
You made her point with the bold, except you dont see yourself that way so the point is lost on you.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You made her point with the bold, except you dont see yourself that way so the point is lost on you.
How am I forcing my views on to other people?

You don't want to own and AR15 select fire with a sound suppressor with surefire 60 rounds..fine don't buy one..but I will never force you own one..

How am I like those who would wish to ban them?

I am fight for the right and the ability for people to chose for themselves and themselves only.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:58 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 14 days ago)

29,538 posts, read 16,518,482 times
Quote:
How am I forcing my views on to other people?

You dont want to own and AR15 select fire with a sound suppressor with surefire 60 rounds..fine dont buy one..but I will never force you own one..

How am it like those who would wish to ban them, I am fight for the right and the ability for people to chose for themselves and themselves only.
Except, you dont stop there, your argument is not simply the above, i have seen you argue way more. You are an absolutist/purist. You are one of the very people Goldwater is talking about(although, i think he was talking more about Liberal Purist than Conservative ones).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.