Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 04:00 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Everything is for the people, they are the source and recipient. It can be no other way. They are the alpha and the omega in an economic system, however that doesn't mean that those at the top by definition should receive more than those who have been placed at the bottom.
Our economy and money systems are far from perfect, but remain the best in the world. If I was in charge I would have given the middle class more of a bail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
I had a coworker who told me that most money doesn't exist, because most of it is loaned with a small fraction actually backed up.

So does this mean government debt and money itself don't actually mean anything?
Most money is based on trust, and has no physical form. However it is backed by the force, strength and security of our Gov't and the productivity of our people.

Almost everything produced and sold in our economy is based upon finite resources except maybe digital content. Digital content can be reproduced at virtually no cost and in essentially unlimited amounts. Digital content holds no value without copyright law authorized and enforced by our Federal government. Money in the modern economy is mainly digital content.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:08 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
I had a coworker who told me that most money doesn't exist, because most of it is loaned with a small fraction actually backed up.

So does this mean government debt and money itself don't actually mean anything?
The friend is simply referencing fractional reserve methods, not actual money mechanics. There is a wealth of information out there.

It is essentially created out of "thin air", but there is debt attached in that creation. I suggest one go read Modern Money Mechanics. This is a pdf, there are other banking publications that discuss monetization and derivatization, as well. This is really important to understand, next is accounting mechanisms.

Here is MMM.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Domination is seen through the perception of value in hierarchy and control of such. Successful models do not require domination nor hierarchy. This is most definitely a Male perceptual tendency, however. LOL.
I believe it all to be natural and innate for all the species. Including humans, businesses, societies and countries. And thus currencies. I think it inevitable and plan for it.

Can an organism or group be successful without it? Probably. Maybe you'll give me some examples.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I believe it all to be natural and innate for all the species. Including humans, businesses, societies and countries. And thus currencies. I think it inevitable and plan for it.

Can an organism or group be successful without it? Probably. Maybe you'll give me some examples.
Organism is a good term here to use. Everything is perception. Ones paradigm effects those perceptions.

Are we benefiting the whole or a portion of the whole? Balance in systems is very important for overall health and sustainability.

Open source and the internet are common very successful models that are not about hierarchy or control (central control is the epitome here). Their strengths are in lack of that. They allow for a huge amt of individuals to contribute. This makes light work, creates redundancy, diversity, efficiency and quick robust changes. Not to mention amazing creativity. The end product benefits a much larger group of people, as well.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Organism is a good term here to use. Everything is perception. Ones paradigm effects those perceptions.

Are we benefiting the whole or a portion of the whole? Balance in systems is very important for overall health and sustainability.

Open source and the internet are common very successful models that are not about hierarchy or control (central control is the epitome here). Their strengths are in lack of that. They allow for a huge amt of individuals to contribute. This makes light work, creates redundancy, diversity, efficiency and quick robust changes. Not to mention amazing creativity. The end product benefits a much larger group of people, as well.
Good one!

Old 11-25-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Good one!
Cooperative and collaborative systems are the hallmark of "survival of the fittest". They are responsible for great long term success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies