Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 11:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
the Miami herald article is 4 or 5 pages long. what do you think they left out?
The reason the police department is using for harrassing this one business. As I said, it's not likely a valid reason but I still want to know what it is.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:45 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
...In Miami Gardens, FL, a store employee was stopped 258 times in 4 years. He was harassed countless more times and arrested multiple times for trespassing even though he was on duty, working inside the store. The store owner has also been harassed by the Police as well as many of his customers.

How can such a blatant act of criminal harassment slip through the cracks of the Police department and our justice system? What moral human being would put another through such an ordeal?? [snip]
It's Miami. (It's in the north beach area, and still considered part of Miami just as most people consider Miami Beach as part of Miami, even though it has its own little name.) All of us who have lived there, or those who still live there, know how corrupt the Miami police truly are. If I were so inclined, (which I'm not), I could find story after story after story displaying just how very corrupt they are.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:46 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I read it. There is more to the story.
Like what?

Please present the conclusions you drew from what was in the story and how this leads you to think that there is "more to it"?

Old 11-24-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
The reason the police department is using for harrassing this one business. As I said, it's not likely a valid reason but I still want to know what it is.
The reason was the "zero tolerance" program, which was supposed to be voluntary.

The owner opted out when the tactics became abusive.

If you had bothered to read the story then you would know this.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
can you explain how this has to do with liberalism? people being harassed for minor offenses and sometimes nothing at all doesn't sound very liberal to me. if this had anything to do with liberalism, the employee wouldn't have even had the minor marijuana conviction on his record.
The police department is blatantly violating the constitution.

Liberalism.

Also, liberals are all about power, control, and lockstep compliance.

They tend to have disdain for personal liberty and self- reliance.

That is why they support expanded police power and making police be the guardians of safety rather then individual citizens.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:51 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The reason was the "zero tolerance" program, which was supposed to be voluntary.
According to the story he was still being harassed while he was a part of the program. Why was he being singled out?

Quote:
The owner opted out when the tactics became abusive.

If you had bothered to read the story then you would know this.
I read that. In no way does it explain the actions here. No court even as bad as some of them are would allow someone be arrested 258 times with no charges actually being filed and prosecuted.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:51 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
they started focusing on this business at the request of the owner who signed up for a crime fighting program through the police department. they operated based on the "broken window theory", which states that by cracking down on minor crimes you could prevent more serious crimes. once the business owner saw that this was just an excuse for the pd to harass his customers and employees, he withdrew from the program. from then on, the pd started harassing him and even put the sign indicating that he was participating in the program back in his window.

there, since you DIDN'T take time to read the article.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The police department is blatantly violating the constitution.

Liberalism.

Also, liberals are all about power, control, and lockstep compliance.

They tend to have disdain for personal liberty and self- reliance.

That is why they support expanded police power and making police be the guardians of safety rather then individual citizens.
you got me. that's rock solid proof. geez, harrier.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As making statements unsupported by fact is a hallmark of conservatism.
Harrier has supported every statement that he has made in this thread and your post is false.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
According to the story he was still being harassed while he was a part of the program. Why was he being singled out?

I read that. In no way does it explain the actions here. No court even as bad as some of them are would allow someone be arrested 258 times with no charges actually being filed and prosecuted.
they weren't prosecuted. it's in the article. wouldn't it just be easier to read the article?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies