Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 09:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Did I mention that I work in insurance? Did I mention that I see people denied care EVERY SINGLE DAY?

You seem to want to make this personal and all about you. I assure you it is not and never has been. It's so much bigger than just YOU and YOUR SURGERY and YOUR KNEE. It is a much broader topic than just you, no?

It is YOU who continues to make this personal and all about yourself and refuses to admit that OTHER PEOPLE (how's that) are denied care. Denied access to care due to inability to pay.

Last time. It's never been just about you.
So when your company refuses to pay for an X-ray that person is forbidden to get the X-ray ?
Don't you mean they are denied PAYMENT ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 10:27 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It doesn't matter where you work. Your premise was that I did not get the final say on that knee surgery. I proved you wrong. Then you tell me that you weren't addressing me. Those links that I provided to you were not about me were they? No. You did address me, and then you tell me that you weren't addressing me.

It doesn't really matter if you were addressing ME or the general YOU, the links that I provided still prove that I, and the general YOU, DO have a choice, that you seem hellbent on denying, even though you already stated that you do not deny it never happens.

You are talking in circles. You go ahead and keep doing that because I've already proven you incorrect, no matter who you thought you were addressing.
I will ask you once again ~ is it your premise that no one is denied care due to lack of insurance and/or lack of money? It this your premise? Yes or No.

Over and over and over ~ you refuse to answer that simple question.

Healthcare issues are larger than just you, correct? Or do you have an inability to see beyond your own knee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So when your company refuses to pay for an X-ray that person is forbidden to get the X-ray ?
Don't you mean they are denied PAYMENT ?
Denied payment ~ then denied service. Try and get an MRI when your insurance company says you don't need it. Unless you have $1500 to $2000 to pay cash.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I will ask you once again ~ is it your premise that no one is denied care due to lack of insurance and/or lack of money? It this your premise? Yes or No.

Over and over and over ~ you refuse to answer that simple question.

Healthcare issues are larger than just you, correct? Or do you have an inability to see beyond your own knee?

Denied payment ~ then denied service. Try and get an MRI when your insurance company says you don't need it. Unless you have $1500 to $2000 to pay cash.
But that is not denial of service. It's denial of payment for that service.
The company doing the MRI doesn't care who pays the bill..just that the bill is paid.
They will give an MRI to anyone as long as it's paid for.

No one is denied the care itself. They are being denied payment for that care.
And you are equating that to denying care.

No different than buying a car. Bank says "no" but if you have the cash you can buy that car.
The bank isn't denying you the car..just the money to pay for it.

People don't have money anymore and so the blame is all put upon insurance companies and banks and corporations and the government itself.
People have no money and have come to expect someone else pick up the tab and pay for it.
And when they don't they feel they are being "denied" the service or product.

Where's your "rainy day fund" for emergencies ?

Old 11-29-2013, 12:42 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
These panels won't "pull the plug"..they'll just stop paying the electric bill instead.
I'm buying a Honda generator and a tank of gas.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:07 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
But that is not denial of service. It's denial of payment for that service.
The company doing the MRI doesn't care who pays the bill..just that the bill is paid.
They will give an MRI to anyone as long as it's paid for.

No one is denied the care itself. They are being denied payment for that care.
And you are equating that to denying care.

No different than buying a car. Bank says "no" but if you have the cash you can buy that car.
The bank isn't denying you the car..just the money to pay for it.

People don't have money anymore and so the blame is all put upon insurance companies and banks and corporations and the government itself.
People have no money and have come to expect someone else pick up the tab and pay for it.
And when they don't they feel they are being "denied" the service or product.

Where's your "rainy day fund" for emergencies ?
I am equating that to denying care IF you don't have insurance OR cash. How many times do I have to say it? You must have one or the other or both. I've said it several times now.

My rainy day fund is not at issue. People who can't afford it do have an issue.

I'm not blaming the insurance company - again, this entire thread is based on the premise of death panels. My point - my only point really - is that decisions regarding healthcare have been made by other people since the advent of insurance.

Back in the old days, when people paid the doctors directly ~ poor people died young.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I am equating that to denying care IF you don't have insurance OR cash. How many times do I have to say it? You must have one or the other or both. I've said it several times now.

My rainy day fund is not at issue. People who can't afford it do have an issue.

I'm not blaming the insurance company - again, this entire thread is based on the premise of death panels. My point - my only point really - is that decisions regarding healthcare have been made by other people since the advent of insurance.

Back in the old days, when people paid the doctors directly ~ poor people died young.
My friend that works for everything in society today except charity.
All goods and services must be paid for by someone.
That is the society we live in.

You are not denied it..you just can't pay for it.
Not everyone can have whatever they want for free.

Since this panel can only cut medicare reimbursements you don't have to worry about the young dying young.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:14 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Try to keep up, that article was from yesterday and it is very much the truth.. The communist god you worship is finished...

True. And...Wikipedia? Snopes (that other site people run to when they haven't kept up with current affairs) would have been bad enough.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:26 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
True. And...Wikipedia? Snopes (that other site people run to when they haven't kept up with current affairs) would have been bad enough.
Not true. There are no "Death Panels."
Quote:
One can only presume that Halperin is referring to, in the most clumsy and misguiding way imaginable, the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB)— the fifteen member group yet to be appointed that is legally required to be filled with non-practicing physicians (to avoid special interests impact), health care policy experts, health facility managers, health service researchers, employers, and representatives of consumers and the elderly—with limited authority to make proposals designed to curb rising costs in Medicare when and if these costs are rising in an uncontrolled fashion.
-----------------------------
Still, Halperin appears painfully unaware of the curbs placed on the powers of the IPAB—along with the creation of a Consumer Advisory Council with specific authority to advise the board of the impact their proposals would have on the general public as the IPAB is barred from recommending cuts to healthcare that threaten Medicare beneficiaries access to care. Mark Halperin's Sudden Claim That Obamacare Death Panels Exist Calls Into Question His Reporting Credibility - Forbes

Old 11-30-2013, 09:38 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
So the gubbermint should just keep pumping billions of dollars to keep alive 80-95 year olds on their death beds. Better yet according to the Tea Partiers we are borrowing the money from China to do this. You Tea Partiers are a bunch of hypocrites you want budget cuts then you want unlimited spending for intensive care. Medicare keeping seniors alive in their last two years of life is twice as expensive as food stamps and benefits a small number of people. Gotta keep the base alive I guess.
Hey, if we are going to decide to off the elderly, why don't just off every convicted murderer? Can you imagine the savings?
Yeah, we know, maybe we would kill off an innocent every once in a while, but hey, we would probably kill a bunch of seniors who could have lived another 10 years with proper treatment.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:00 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,290 times
Default Status

I met a Vet yesterday and learned that he suffered liver failure. He told me that he was denied a place on the liver transplant list because of his status which he said was determined under the ACA. He is very active, self supporting and a father of three.

Also he said his dental and eye coverages were cut way back. Again the ACA. So implementation of the ACA effected him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies