Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 07:09 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
So many lies, so many liberals, so little time....
It never changes. Their leader lies, they lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
What should be alarming is the staggering amount of money being paid for Medicare and a little less for Medicaid. Its like the government just keeps pumping money out with an endless supply. We spend 50 billion a year keeping Medicare recipients alive in intensive care for the last 60 days of their lives. The plug is pulled at the 60th day in many times because that's when the government stops paying.
Your tirade against Medicare and Medicaid shows a bias, and you don't seem to mind that Obamacare is all about control, and taking $$ from those who have a bit more to give it to those who have less (such as the Medicaid patients you rant about.) What happened to all the liberal proponents of free choice?

Why does the government have a right to make healthcare decisions for you? I know someone who had hip surgery in her 90's because she was in good health and her primary said she's a good candidate for it.
She walked 10 more years without pain. What gives you or anyone else the right to decide for someone whether they should have knee surgery when they're in a wheelchair. Ever consider they may be in that wheelchair because they have a bad knee? !

Obamacare was sold to us on the basis of insuring the uninsured, and caring for the underinsured. It does not do away with Medicaid. And don't get your knickers in a wad about Medicare. Obama took some $700B out of Medicare (robbed it, one might say) to fund Obamacare.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/08/01/...o-fund-itself/

We can see now what most of us already knew: Obamacare is designed to force people into a single payer system. It's all about control. And, while it was supposed to cover some 30 or so million uninsured, it will result in some 95 million, perhaps more, losing their insurance and not being able to afford the higher premiums for less coverage. Think that's a good deal? It's fraud in every sense of the word.

You been scammed and don't even know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
You are 100% right. This topic will show everyone the incredible hypocrisy of the left. We've seen it in a couple posts so far from the usual barrybots who shift their talking points on a dime just as their master has ordered.

We were right about the whole thing. They were wrong. Will they admit it? Nahhhhhhh.
They will realize they were wrong but, as you say, most will never admit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
"It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
So true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 07:10 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So people should trust that a health insurance company to know far better than the government as to when is the right time to throw a terminally ill sick person out of the hospital?
Yeah, but at least you have remedies in court against the insurance company. How are you going to fight the bureaucracy?

Old 11-26-2013, 07:17 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Try to keep up, that article was from yesterday and it is very much the truth.. The communist god you worship is finished...
LOL... Where is your god NOW, Commies?

You guys crack me up.

Halperin didn't say " death panels"- the RW jock interviewing him did, and Mark failed to correct him. Here's the walk back:

Mark Halperin: I Don't Believe Obamacare Contains 'Death Panels'

So put it back in your pants, guys.

BTW, you DO know that, prior to Obamacare there really WERE death panels, right? They we're run by insurance companies...

Old 11-26-2013, 07:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

You guys crack me up.

Halperin didn't say " death panels"- the RW jock interviewing him did, and Mark failed to correct him. Here's the walk back:

BTW, you DO know that, prior to Obamacare there really WERE death panels, right? They we're run by insurance companies...
Thanks for that update. I thought it was really odd that Halperin didn't specifically point out in the ACA such language...and it seemed to be a talk-over situation

Old 11-26-2013, 07:25 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,069 times
Quote:

You guys crack me up.

Ryan care is simply the ACA for seniors eliminating Medicare and leaving seniors in the same insurance pools that the ACA has set up. Its called free choice you choose your insurance plans and you choose your tea much like Socrates. But since its all private that's all good unless it the ACA then its all bad.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:37 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:

You guys crack me up.

Looks like the OP has been schooled again.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:40 PM

So if you are a Tea Partier and over the age of 65 its time to open up the gubbermint spigots and let the dollars just flow until the day you die. Hey did you guys ever think you were hypocrites while robbing the national treasury for all your procedures?

Old 11-26-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The democrats/normal Americans also have your computer and cell phone tapped, they also have drones in the sky waiting to kill US citizens. And (I) am armed, and I am watching/listening.

All this republican childlike stupidity, and this republican insanity has to be stopped (seriously.)

Most would pay $200 for the next Sarah Palin dinner if they could figure out a way for Medicare to pay for it. Maybe Palin could be the next non-paid for ED prescription for Medicare Tea Partiers..

Old 11-26-2013, 07:46 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
So if you are a Tea Partier and over the age of 65 its time to open up the gubbermint spigots and let the dollars just flow until the day you die. Hey did you guys ever think you were hypocrites while robbing the national treasury for all your procedures?
It takes a special kind of liberal, to look at a scheme where people were forced to pay all their lives into a misnamed "Trust Fund", and to note that once it came time for them to get some benefit for all they were forced to pay in, they are very determined to get that benefit back.....

.....and conclude that their determination to get it back, means that they approved of the thefts in the first place!

Old 11-26-2013, 07:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
When Mark Halperin admits it, you know it's true.

Mark Halperin: Obamacare Contains "Death Panels" | Video | RealClearPolitics

I can't wait until one of our resident LWNJ's mother or father will be subjected to a death panel decision to pull the plug and "take the pill". Will they still love obama the next morning?
I work in medicine and I can tell you that with enough money, medicine can keep the heart beating in a dead person for probably months!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies