U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 04:43 PM

595 posts, read 957,629 times

Advertisements

I am not part of any religion nor I believe in anything. But I can see from other people they always think Muslim are bad people or they all have some kind of terrorists access. I know and most people do that it's not true.
Even in T.V, they always show bad side of Muslim. It's very hard to believe western news T.V says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 05:20 PM

12,887 posts, read 15,424,246 times
Maybe some people don't appreciate seeing women hide (in fear) behind a burqa...or it might have something to do with the way women are oppressed and suppressed at every level.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:25 PM

8,766 posts, read 7,695,901 times
Muslims like to blow up innocent folks, bomb jets, buildings etc. That might be one reason they think Muslims are bad. I don't see Christians or Hindus or Mormons doing this.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:35 PM

493 posts, read 575,222 times
Default why people think Muslim people are bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Muslims like to blow up innocent folks, bomb jets, buildings etc. That might be one reason they think Muslims are bad. I don't see Christians or Hindus or Mormons doing this.
And I don't see all Muslims doing it either. Good Muslims, and there are many, are given a bad name by the few that do indeed harm other people in horrible ways.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:37 PM

43,545 posts, read 52,637,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Then you need to open your eyes.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:23 PM

1,694 posts, read 1,493,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samnyc View Post
I am not part of any religion nor I believe in anything. But I can see from other people they always think Muslim are bad people or they all have some kind of terrorists access. I know and most people do that it's not true.
Even in T.V, they always show bad side of Muslim. It's very hard to believe western news T.V says.
Personally, I do not see any Muslims as bad unless they have been found guilty of a crime. Muslims, like Christians, are victims of their own religious indoctrination. For many Muslims the end result is subservient women, often voluntarily subservient, and lesser time-consuming religious practices. For many Christians the indoctrination can mean bigoted views of gays, and for some, missionary trips to increase church membership.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:24 PM

5,619 posts, read 8,548,332 times
Might be murder, abusing women, promoting lying to and enslaving people who are not Islamic, etc

Old 11-26-2013, 06:44 PM

9,874 posts, read 8,165,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
And I don't see all Muslims doing it either. Good Muslims, and there are many, are given a bad name by the few that do indeed harm other people in horrible ways.
No,not all. But many provide support for Muslim terrorist either through money channeled through charities or by making excuses for the attacks. Muslim terrorist have committed attacks on nearly all continents in the name of Islam.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:54 PM

11,780 posts, read 8,589,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samnyc View Post
Islamophobia and to a lesser extent racism. A muslim commits a crime and it is indicative of all Muslims. A Christian commits a crime and they were just a bad person. Similarly, a black person commits a crime and it is indicative of all blacks. A white person commits a crime and they are just a bad person.

EX:
If an abortion clinic is bombed or a Mosque is shot up they blame they person, but if a cafe is bombed they blame Islam and demand ALL Muslims to take accountability.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:55 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,571,762 times
It helps when bad stuff happens, most people and or religions step up and denounce such violence. With Muslims not so much. Sometimes you hear excuses but mostly crickets. Rest assure if my religion was under attack by extremist, we would be marching in the street denouncing them and their actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies