Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 05:47 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
So when I say that a true Christian would never pull out a gun and shoot a police officer who's simply doing the task he was sent out to do, your argument is that the fact that the person claims to be a Christian would have no bearing on whether or not he would be fine with killing a person?

Talk about fundamentally disingenuous
If you're going to throw religion in the face of a Christian, you should at least have some clue what you are talking about. You don't know jack squat about the 6th commandment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 05:49 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Well, we're all set up to transfer them to my BIL in Texas should we get a notice. I personal don't shoot and know squat about guns but being my husband pistol shot for years and my son was on the rifle team - actually taking gold in the Empire State Games when he was in high school - I know we have some that don't comply to the SAFE ACT.

I don't think it's primarily a conservative right issue - my husband is conservative, my son isn't registered at all and I'm a Democrat - but we all think that a person has a right to bear arms. You are not going to get guns off the street from those who have them unlawfully. Every year Buffalo has a buy back program and every year they rave about how many guns are turned in for money of course as these people couldn't sell them legally - after all these years, you'd figure they'd have collected them all.
So how and why are you a Democrat? That is like a Jew voting for the Nazis.

Get out of the state, their is nothing of value there to make a logical person deal with the never ending load of statism.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:51 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Precisely what gun registration leads to....

Old 11-27-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That is a NY City regulation that you quoted and has been on the book for years, their regulations are more restrictive than the SAFE Act which applies to all of NY State. This is not confiscation, there is no uprising and no one had taken issue before.

References to this big standoff coming are threats from immature people who let guns govern every waking moment of their lives, more sensible people see the that this is a simple regulation and move on with their lives.
So the rights of others should be limited for the opinions of the weak minded or ill informed?

Old 11-27-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
So when I say that a true Christian would never pull out a gun and shoot a police officer who's simply doing the task he was sent out to do, your argument is that the fact that the person claims to be a Christian would have no bearing on whether or not he would be fine with killing a person?

Talk about fundamentally disingenuous
Are you even a Christian?

Old 11-27-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
It's pretty simple. The post above mine, promising violence. Hardly the first time on this board, of course.
Funny how you support laws and actions that flat out violate the Constitution.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
To be fair, I can see why documents like this scare gun owners. "Confiscation" is not a word to be taken lightly.

Hmmm. I need to think about this.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
LOL. If you think that, then I'm doing something right!
Why do you even stay in this nation? why cant you and every other parasite leave this Republic?

Old 11-27-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The only issue was retired police officers and they amended the law to allow them to retain their guns if certain criteria was met.

There is no issue with police departments acquiring guns and the counties are enforcing the legislation. The legislation was minimal and generally supported as sensible regulation.
Yeah can call it what ever you want, it is not sensible not in the least.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
So much for the myth of the law abiding gun owner. If someone wants to own a high capacity weapon they need to move to a gun friendly state. Just like a marijuana afficianado is going to have issues if they choose to live in Oklahoma instead of Colorado.

I thought right wing gun nuts were all about states rights and a limited federal government.
They will not stop there, We should WE have to move, if you want to live in a gun free utopia, leave America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies