Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2013, 03:49 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
You said "People on both sides of the law enforcement divide might die and the s will hit the fan."

It sounds like your saying above that if America outlaws assault weapons and high capacity clips, then you will kill anyone who try's to take your guns.

But here's the thing, we are only talking about outlawing assault weapons and high capacity clips (no one is talking about outlawing all guns.) And still you are dreaming about killing Americans who want to take your guns.
The claim is unbelievable. As has been pointed out already. The earlier claims was that nobody was going to take your guns, they are only asking you to register them.

Or.

If you like your policy you can keep it. Period.

Quote:
And if America outlaws certain guns it will be police SWAT teams that come to take them. How will you stop a SWAT team from taking your guns?
It's best to not go there in the first place.

Quote:
Answer: The SWAT team will kill you and then take your guns. I would love to describe how they will kill you in detail, but I don't want to give the "gunnuts" any advice.
The idea of violence seems to get a rise out of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 03:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Instead of talking about killing people who want to take your guns, why not join them in an intelligent conversation on how we can stop school, movie theater, and postal shootings.
I've tried to do that many times here. One day we may take up the conversation about what we are going to do with the people with mental health issues and quit directing the blame on the millions who are and will forever remain law abiding.

Quote:
And I believe I have told you this before, the majority of Americans do not own guns (and they do not like guns.)
Dismissable. I do not like the idea of the KKK being able to use the public square to spout their hate but I will defend their right to do it.

Quote:
This countries responsible gun owners need to come together, and do something about these school shootings (before the majority does it for us.)

But like I said before, (I) can live with low round capacity pistols, rifles, and semi-auto shot guns (even with the plug in.) 10 round clips sound fine to me.
Irrelevant as to what you can live it.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:08 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Fine, how about talking about how, exactly, banning responsible gun owners from having "high capacity" magazines will do anything to stop school, movie theater or postal shootings?
Because there is nothing to talk about.
It won't and neither will anything else...at least nothing that even the most rabid gun-haters would stand for.(I would hope!)

Old 11-29-2013, 06:56 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Because there is nothing to talk about.
It won't and neither will anything else...at least nothing that even the most rabid gun-haters would stand for.(I would hope!)
And yet otherwise reasonable, intelligent people repeatedly turn to the knee jerk position that banning certain guns and forced registration of others will somehow solve gun violence when this has been proven time and again to be a false assumption.

Why?

Old 11-29-2013, 07:20 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post

New York’s SAFE Act is a bad, bad thing. It requires people to register, sell or transfer (out of state) “assault rifles†and “high capacity†magazines. Many Empire State gun and standard capacity ammunition magazine owners have complied. Many have not. So, at some point, the State’s gonna go get ‘em. People on both sides of the law enforcement divide might die and the s will hit the fan. Meanwhile, there it is: the reason why expanded background checks, indeed all background checks and any type of registration, set the stage for confiscation. And tyranny.

This goes to show how the Civilian Disarmament Complex never stops, and is never to be compromised with.

Once again, We were right, and we will say "I Told You So".
This is why you should never register your guns.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:38 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Quote:
According to "Merriam-Webster" and "Oxford Dictionaries", there is a thing called assault rifles and assault weapons.

Assault weapon - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
assault rifle: definition of assault rifle in Oxford dictionary - American English (US)

But it appears you are 100% correct about the term "clip", and I hope to no longer use that term.

Firearms, ammo, weapons, gear reviews, 2nd Amendment issues, etc...: Clip vs. Magazine: A Lesson in Firearm Terminology

Chad.
This definition actually means "squat". It doesn't matter what the dictionary says or what people label one way or the other, the fact that the "Laws" say otherwise, is the key. The ATF has defined an "Assault Rifle" as a weapon with a selectable rate of fire. Simple as that. It does not define, by law, what an Assault Weapon is. Assault Weapon is a term coined by Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer that they come up with when the Stockton Shooter did his deed. They decided that a law needed to be passed to prohibit this from happening again. So they grabbed a magazine that showed the top 50 assault rifles and while using that, they come up with "Assault Weapon" before the guns they wanted to outlaw didn't have the same standards. When Senator Feinstein spoke on the news she said that she was going to rid the country of the terrible assault weapons and "Look alikes" so that police wouldn't be confused. Hence, assault weapons. If she had payed attention to the magazine she would have realized that most of those weapons were not even imported into the US, and those that were imported, had never been used in a crime, and were also illegal to own unless you had a special permit.

By the way, the gunman in Stockton used a standard rifle and is still legal to this day. Feinstein and Boxer made a lot of guns illegal, but none of them were the gun used in the shooting.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:31 AM

57,280 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
"Originally Posted by jmqueen
Nope. Lots of gun types here bragging constantly about violence, revolution, etc etc. Not that any of us believe the keyboard cowboys, but it's fun to point out their hypocrisy."

This is the post I was commenting on. If the opinion of one person is considered lots - then bud you need more than glasses. You take one comment and twist it around so that it isn't even related to the original post.

But that's what my fellow Democrats do best - twist things, compound on things, take things out of context - anyone wonder why this party is in such trouble.
Maybe you're new to the continuous gun advocates threatening to take the law into their own hands, go read the OP again, plenty of other examples. If the law doesn't agree with their interpretation of the constitution they have no choice but to take up arms. Good deal of hypocrisy, they support the constitution if it agrees with their philosophy otherwise they need to take up arms against the tyranny.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:32 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
And yet otherwise reasonable, intelligent people repeatedly turn to the knee jerk position that banning certain guns and forced registration of others will somehow solve gun violence when this has been proven time and again to be a false assumption.

Why?
It makes them feel like they are doing something about a problem about which they can do nothing.
Then, when something still occurs, they can assure themselves they did all they could.
Said in a shorter way, it's just a 'feel good' move.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:36 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
I am a newbie to gun ownership and I have no objection to having to register my gun anymore than I would object to registering my auto.
I registered my S&W with the factory so they will fix it if anything malfunctions.

I wonder how many against gun registration will also not register with the factory. You never know Uncle Sam could confiscate manufacturer records and then come and take away your guns.

The paranoia on the right simply amazes me.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:00 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
And I believe I have told you this before, the majority of Americans do not own guns (and they do not like guns.)
Your opinion is not fact. Based on popular movies and TV shows Americans clearly love guns, hundreds of millions of guns are in the country, at least every other household has guns in it, tens of billions (yes, billions) of rounds are fired every year, 2.5 billion sold in 22LR alone, politicians routinely avoid gun control except in liberal enclaves like NY and CA where they know they can keep their position for pushing it.

There is nothing that says a majority of Americans don't like guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies