Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 02:24 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,796,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
"The findings are worrying because “unprotected anal intercourse is in a league of its own as far as risk is concerned,” Dr. Thomas R. Frieden, director of the disease centers, said on Wednesday as the figures were released."

I don't know Dr. Frieden. Is he a homophobic bigot. 'A league of its own.'
So then clearly there should be nothing wrong with you having either insertive or receptive unprotected vaginal sex with either an HIV-positive man or an HIV-positive woman.

Since it's mostly a gay/anal disease and that you're also so sure of yourself, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Let me guess: you still wouldn't do it.

What are you afraid of?

Old 11-29-2013, 02:28 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
It affects "gays more"? You do realize that lack of condom use also exists among straights in first world countries? The type of excuses that some of you come up with is just bewildering.
Because obviously male homosexuals don't use condoms as much as straight couples. Not sure why this is so bewildering....

Old 11-29-2013, 02:55 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,796,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Because obviously male homosexuals don't use condoms as much as straight couples. Not sure why this is so bewildering....
'Obviously'?

As I said none of my straight couple friends use condoms, none of my straight friends feel pressured to use condoms hooking up with random women, and there is certainly not as big of a push for safe sex in the straight community as there is in the gay community. Ever heard of the birth control pill?

I'd like you to back up your claim with an article please.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:41 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
'Obviously'?

As I said none of my straight couple friends use condoms, none of my straight friends feel pressured to use condoms hooking up with random women, and there is certainly not as big of a push for safe sex in the straight community as there is in the gay community. Ever heard of the birth control pill?

I'd like you to back up your claim with an article please.
Likewise, how about an article backing up your anecdotal evidence?

Old 11-29-2013, 03:57 PM

254 posts, read 318,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I think this is actually a valid point. HIV/AIDs used to be a death sentence, now people are living normally with it for 20+ years... putting it kinda in the same category as herpes, chlamydia, HPV, etc, where it sucks but isn't the end of the world. And when you aren't in fear of death, the temptation to take that risk becomes much greater.
Interesting comment about fear and its bio-psychological connection to behavior and behavior modification.

So, you'd reckon pain in the scale of the rewards/pains balance motivates individuals within a population to curtail, modify, or change their behavior in terms of fear of life (biological eternity for atheists) in prison of a death sentence (from disease)?

Fear of eternal damnation in hell motivates me to consider behaviors of mine that are or might constitute mortal sin. Same-sex sexual relations would be one of them. So would heterosexual sex outside of matrimony. So would masturbation--while thinking of and lusting after a married woman.

I would say fear can (is not always--but can) be a good thing. Like remorse and acts carried out for repentance. And I would say fear of HIV/AIDS is the least of the worries and consequences unrepentant homosexuals need to worry about.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:31 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Enlightenment, transcends sex.

It is held back by selfish gratifications, and vile acts perpetuated on one another.
I assume that is your excuse for not getting sex, you are more "enlightened" when you are deprived of sexual gratification. I get it, there are fetishes that are all about denying sexual gratification.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:05 PM

904 posts, read 687,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
Lol... you must be a joy in the sack. Why don't you stop worrying about "natural law" and just have some fun?!
Is that why we exist? To have "fun".... Sexual performance is our purpose?

Pretty shallow existence imo...

Old 11-29-2013, 05:09 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
City-Data locks any thread containing news about George Zimmerman, but gay bashing threads go unchecked, huh? smh
The NY Times is gay bashing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies