Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 11:45 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,780,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcanter View Post
Oh I donno Giz , promiscuity is the number 1 cause of all kinds of disease and always was, the understanding of these things by particulars are most unsettling, and couldn't be anything but a disturbance of what little god given peace for the day there is.
Not sure I understand your post, but keep in mind I've NEVER argued that promiscuity is safe or "good." I have only argued that Americans have that right, whether it's a good choice or not... and that HIV can affect anyone, gay or straight.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcanter View Post
In Us of the 50,000 new hiv each year 38,000 are gay men. In time with bi activity yes the women will join the numbers. above is misleading.
What about worldwide? Pretty sure heterosexuals make up most cases in Africa and Asia, so it's definitely not just a "gay disease."

Old 11-28-2013, 11:47 AM

650 posts, read 512,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Did your world leading chemistry expert friend tell you how the disease can determine the difference between a male and a female anus? Heterosexuals have anal sex too. So, it is not a "guy-guy" thing, it is an anal sex thing.

I explained what he said and your question has no bearing on the findings, can't call or email the guy and ask a question like that.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:48 AM

45,318 posts, read 26,871,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
HIV can be spread through heterosexual vaginal sex, so it's not limited to "putting things where they don't belong." Didn't they teach you that in sex ed?
That's AFTER parts have been put in the wrong places during prior interactions.

Quote:
And while I'm sure you have a nice marriage, there are plenty of infected people who got it from (what they thought was) a monogamous relationship - including one of my very own friends. So a wedding ring or commitment doesn't mean you're 100% safe, as some folks learn the hard way.
Just speaking for myself.

But if you do things as designed - abstinence until marriage in a man/woman relationship - there are no problems.

Now me and my wife were not clean before marriage - both got checked out beforehand, and have been good to go ever since.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:49 AM

650 posts, read 512,167 times
Quote:
What about worldwide? Pretty sure heterosexuals make up most cases in Africa and Asia, so it's definitely not just a "gay disease."
i replied to that a page back

Old 11-28-2013, 11:51 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,267,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Put parts in places they don't belong and you open yourself up to consequences.

Been married and a one woman man for almost 20 years. Free to enjoy sexual relations as it is designed... no protection necessary... can do about anything we want... it's a beautiful thing.
Oh, you mean like oral sex?

Old 11-28-2013, 11:51 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,741,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Anyone and that is both straight and gay, male or female, that practices unprotected anal sex, stands a greater risk of cotracting the HIV virus that leads to AIDS. Period, it is not a gay disease or a straight disease, though close to 70% of new cases worldwide are among straight people, it is a human disease. Anyone who fools themselves into thinking that their risk of getting it are nil because they are straight are straight fools.
WRONG. Gays are a minority here in the USA yet they make up the majority of hiv cases. If aids a "human disease" then why aren't American straights dropping like flies?

Old 11-28-2013, 12:17 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,267,980 times
Quote:

But if you do things as designed - abstinence until marriage in a man/woman relationship - there are no problems.

Now me and my wife were not clean before marriage - both got checked out beforehand, and have been good to go ever since.
Heh. After I mentioned oral sex the "putting parts as designed, and not in the wrong places" contingent goes silent.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Not necessarily. What if someone is born with HIV, or contracted it from a blood transfusion? Those people can still spread the disease, no?

Quote:

Yes, and the same can be said for a gay couple... if they are virgins and/or test clean, then remain in a faithful and monogamous relationship, they are at no more risk than you & your wife. Thus my point, that being gay in and of itself is not the risk factor.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:49 PM

904 posts, read 685,782 times
Quote:
Can YOU prove we don't have a right to sleep with multiple partners? Bet you can't either, but maybe (unlike Patton) you will actually have the sense to admit it.
You have right to do all kinds of things. It's still wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies