Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 09:17 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times

Advertisements

I read somewhere that India will overtake China in population in the next 12 - 14 years. In my four trips to India during the past decade and a half it is my impression the Indians are keen to compete and rival China in the sphere of international economy and politics. As one Indian businessman told me, India and the US (and Canada) would be a excellent fit to subordinate China's ascendency on the world economic stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 09:18 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I read somewhere that India will overtake China in population in the next 12 - 14 years. In my four trips to India during the past decade and a half it is my impression the Indians are keen to compete and rival China in the sphere of international economy and politics. As one Indian businessman told me, India and the US (and Canada) would be a excellent fit to subordinate China's ascendency on the world economic stage.
Having worked with many people from both countries...it'd be six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:17 AM

650 posts, read 513,894 times
My brother was over there on work stuff and met many of the people. they are allowed to have more then one if they pay. the youngsters that are paid have attitudes and believe they are very special in a very solid and positive way, some of the people and the thinking is not as slow and rude as people think. this culture is getting so backdropped that it forgets what the basic raw working value factors are in the human brain.

Last edited by alexcanter; 11-30-2013 at 10:29 AM..

Old 11-30-2013, 10:24 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Family has always been the caregiver to the elderly in China. Unlike Japan or Germany, there is no safety net.

The problems won't become apparent for awhile, as the one child generation is only 33 years old. Their parents are still in their 50's and younger. Wait a decade or two and watch the carnage.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:34 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Family has always been the caregiver to the elderly in China. Unlike Japan or Germany, there is no safety net.

The problems won't become apparent for awhile, as the one child generation is only 33 years old. Their parents are still in their 50's and younger. Wait a decade or two and watch the carnage.
The Chinese command realizes this. And as they evolve their economy and society, the people will make similar social and environmental demands as we did here in the USA the last century. It took the US a Depression and then War to evolve. China thinks it can do it via central mandates. And maybe it can. IMO it is inevitable that their societal/economic evolution will have include items like our SS program.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:35 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I'd also add Mexico in there.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:38 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed.

What's real weird is Asian ladies are wanted in the US for wives but Asian dudes, not so much.
I guess gay guys in the United States have different tastes.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:58 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post

Japan hardly has anything resembling a safety net, and it's extremely difficult to access. The safety net in Japan is your family, extended family households are still common there.

China can still do with a lot less people anyway. Less people means that more income can be spread amongst those left alive. Living standards go up. Short term pain, long term prosperity. Westerners are too busy focusing on the next quarterly statement and next year's budget. China, Korea, and Japan focus on the next couple decades. This will be our Waterloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
As China makes the turn towards a more consumer oriented society and economy, they will have to spend on improving their physical environment. A large hidden tax on their people has been their degraded air and water, courtesy of the central big industrial stimulus this last generation. And as their people and country rise toward 1st world status, more money will have to be reallocated from industrial development towards the people.
And I can't wait for that.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:15 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
China can still do with a lot less people anyway. Less people means that more income can be spread amongst those left alive.
You don't put your people to sleep in order to save money in a monetarily sovereign country! The money can always be created. It is the limited potential of goods and services that is the real controlling factor.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:32 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Bigger because they kept their boys and got rid of their girls.
What better way to limit procreation even further in addition to the one child policy? When you combine both you have a recipe for success. Just imagine a country of mostly men and no women. That's population control at it's finest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies