Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 09:57 PM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times

Advertisements

Its a nice tree. And it is probably smarter than the POTUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 11:35 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! My home state! And last year's tree was from my home of 33 years, Colorado.
You will not see a Christmas tree from Alaska in the White House. Not since Clinton killed the timber industry in Alaska. When the White House asked, we refused.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:38 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Its a nice tree.
At least until the liberal freaks begin decorating it with Mao Zedong and Che Guevara Christmas ornaments, like they have done every year since 2009.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:27 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,364,800 times
so the people who sell CHRISTMAS TREES had the nerve to hang a sign declaring it a CHRISTMAS TREE ?

not sure what this has to do with chicago jesus and his herd but preach on

Old 12-03-2013, 09:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I'm so glad this thread was started. For me, it's a yearly tradition:

1. Seeing a thread in which people prep themselves to argue over what to call a tree.
2. Telling the board I am in fact an atheist who thinks very little of most of what's taught in "the good book" of Christianity or in its churches.
3. Throwing my lot in with the Christians nonetheless in proclaiming:

This:

is a Christmas Tree! And Merry Christmas to all and to all a good go **** yourself if you're offended by the word "Christmas"!

Move on.
So sensitive!

Must be all about xtians grabbing the midwinter holiday and claiming it's theirs.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:32 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,222,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's a Christmas tree. No other holiday can lay claim to a tree covered in stuff. But it doesn't matter at all what specific individuals want to call it. People do all sorts of crazy crap all the time, why anyone cares about THIS is beyond me.
Back in the motherland, we decorate a spruce tree for the New Year

Old 12-03-2013, 11:34 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,115 times
[quote=Katiana;32458431]Oh, here we go again! Every year here on CD, some brilliant atheist tells us what most of us already knew 40 years ago-that our Christmas customs are a "fusion" so to speak, borrowed from many other cultures. Big whoop! We Christians are all supposed to be so ignorant, we wouldn't know that if these CD pundits didn't come here and enlighten us.

Yes, trees, holly, mistletoe, and what else are from various cultures. Big whoop! All cultures borrow from each other.

Despite the above rant, I do not believe there is a "War on Christmas" and I like the OP!

Bonus-does anyone know which state this year's tree is from?[/quote

Pennsylvania!

Old 12-03-2013, 11:36 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,103,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I was watching the White House Christmas tree being delivered on TV. There was a banner on the trailer that said White House Christmas Tree. It was described on the news as being a Christmas tree. CHRISTMAS tree. Just wanted to be sure that no one missed that it is, indeed, a CHRISTMAS tree. So if someone, at some point, refers to it as a "holiday tree" and you feel the urge to be offended by such reference or are afraid that Muslims, Jews or atheists are chipping away at Christmas, rest easy. It has, indeed, been publicly established as an actual Christmas tree. In observance of Christmas. You heard it here first

So, what you're saying is that it's a Christmas Tree. What, no Festivus Pole? I feel discriminated against. Oh my GOD!!!! It's a War on Festivus...

Okeedokee.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:37 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Did it come pre decorated with Mao ornaments again this year?

Old 12-03-2013, 11:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, here we go again! Every year here on CD, some brilliant atheist tells us what most of us already knew 40 years ago-that our Christmas customs are a "fusion" so to speak, borrowed from many other cultures. Big whoop! We Christians are all supposed to be so ignorant, we wouldn't know that if these CD pundits didn't come here and enlighten us.

Yes, trees, holly, mistletoe, and what else are from various cultures. Big whoop! All cultures borrow from each other.

Despite the above rant, I do not believe there is a "War on Christmas" and I like the OP!

Bonus-does anyone know which state this year's tree is from?

Well, I'm no atheist, but there is truth to that. I'm good with it. And being that pagans celebrate the rebirth of the sun, coming from Ohio, I'm good with that too. Oh, and I also don't believe that Jesus was born on December 25th either. I believe that He was born in a warmer month, but that doesn't stop me from celebrating Christmas, and it's original meaning.

P.S. I know someone beat me to it, but PA was where this year's tree is from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies