Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 08:09 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
This is an outrage! It is a blatant violation of the separation between church and state!

(Harrier pretending to be a liberal).
You're doing a bad job of it. Christmas trees don't actually have much to do with religion. We're atheists and we have a huge one in our house right now. We also have a box of Candy cane Joe Joes, which also have nothing to do with religion and everything to do with BEING DELICIOUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 08:12 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually Christmas has already kicked off when the War On Christmas page went live on Fox Nation!!

War on Christmas - Fox Nation

I'm reading the comments there now. They're being roasted!!

Old 12-03-2013, 08:13 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
You're doing a bad job of it. Christmas trees don't actually have much to do with religion. We're atheists and we have a huge one in our house right now. We also have a box of Candy cane Joe Joes, which also have nothing to do with religion and everything to do with BEING DELICIOUS.
You should call your tree something else.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:14 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
Quote:
Ok, I shall call it our Extreme Decembertimes Electrified Gymnosperm. Now with extra tinsel.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:05 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Thought Christians believed the very name "Christ" was supposed to have some sort of power. Odd that you would tell anyone to refrain from saying it. That sounds like something only an over-the-top antireligious atheist would say.

Which side are you (claiming to be) on again? I don't recall.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:31 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And the decorations will, again, honor military families.
Really? Since when did Mao Zedong serve in the US military?

Old 12-04-2013, 12:40 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I like them. Going to start putting mine up tonight.

What I would like to know is why is there no Halloween tree?
I've actually given this some thought. It's really kind of stupid to drag a tree in for a few weeks each year only to toss it out, or to store a fake on in the garage (guilty) just to have to dig it out every December. It makes more sense to me to actually have living plants, shrubs, trees, etc. in and around your place year round. Then you can decorate it to fit the holidays or even your mood. Or not. I can totally get behind skulls and black cats, easter eggs and bunnies, hearts and cupids....all on a rotating basis. People already do this with decorative flags a whatnot. It can be an everything tree!

I like real plants in the house put I prefer them decoration free.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:01 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I was watching the White House Christmas tree being delivered on TV. There was a banner on the trailer that said White House Christmas Tree. It was described on the news as being a Christmas tree. CHRISTMAS tree. Just wanted to be sure that no one missed that it is, indeed, a CHRISTMAS tree. So if someone, at some point, refers to it as a "holiday tree" and you feel the urge to be offended by such reference or are afraid that Muslims, Jews or atheists are chipping away at Christmas, rest easy. It has, indeed, been publicly established as an actual Christmas tree. In observance of Christmas. You heard it here first
You should tell this guy: He believes that laws are being "sought" that make Christmas trees illegal....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
While no effort is spared to remove the word "god" from the pledge of allegience, to the dollar bill ... as laws are sought to prohibit manger scenes and christmas trees ... as Santa Claus is in the crosshairs evey bit as much as the American family, and family values have been thusly targeted ... anything remotely connected with the concept of good values ... anything that hints of a moral message, is subject to attack.

The war between good and evil is still going strong.

(War on Christmas!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies