U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2013, 06:53 AM

25,881 posts, read 39,172,212 times

Advertisements

In our business (real estate) we hear it a lot...and so far in at least 90% of all cases, the people lied and were even so dumb to use these words when the proof is overwhelmingly showing they are wrong!

Any time a person will use the words "I swear in the name of G_d" while they are not in a court of law but using it in our office or related to a contract or anything with a business deal we stat to laugh and know what it is all about...

Now we can add the words " when someone likes their plan, doctor, etc. you can keep it PERIOD!" that means that person is lying!

I was watching 48 hours and an innocent man was convicted to 195 years for killing his family. The police officer in the case had clear evidence pointing to the real killer and that evidence was never examined and I just heard him say "I requested that to be examined, PERIOD!" Nothing was done and the face of this police officer clearly was showinging he was saying it similar to the other person using the same words! A clear lie!

Btw the first one saying it is half black, half white and this police officer is white, so don't start with the racist remarks, since this has nothing to do with color, race, believe but just with a honest person and an unethical lying person! I'm just bringing this up since nowadays everything seems to be racist except when the same words were used against the previous president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 06:55 AM

24,032 posts, read 11,941,601 times
Not from a politician.

It is my firm belief all politicians will burn in the hottest pits of hell.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:05 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,060,855 times
No, I neither trust nor distrust people because of a phrase they use.

Some people start sentences with "To be honest....," thereby implying that they are not always honest. Of course, people who do so are often unaware that general dishonesty at other times is a possible interpretation of that phrase. Nor have I found these people to be any more dishonest than others.

Many people simply use such phrases because, for one reason or another, that phrase entered their vocabulary and somehow remains salient.

The same is true for people who bring up God - as though doing so is some sort of endorsement. Like "period," these phrases are generally used to do one thing: Provide an emphasis for a point the person is making.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:15 AM

11,639 posts, read 5,935,135 times
"If the truth be known, Clark, this RV is our home."

Old 12-01-2013, 08:29 AM

34,691 posts, read 33,700,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
No, I neither trust nor distrust people because of a phrase they use.

Some people start sentences with "To be honest....," thereby implying that they are not always honest. .

In this forum, you have to follow a kidding sentence with "But seriously, ....." because hyperbole to make a point or obvious joking around goes right over an awful lot of heads. Even some past moderators...

But, as to the OP's point, lying politicians and lying bureaucrats aren't people. They're astroturf (right back at ya, Nancy Pelosi.).

Old 12-01-2013, 08:54 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,060,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
In this forum, you have to follow a kidding sentence with "But seriously, ....." because hyperbole to make a point or obvious joking around goes right over an awful lot of heads. Even some past moderators...

But, as to the OP's point, lying politicians and lying bureaucrats aren't people. They're astroturf (right back at ya, Nancy Pelosi.).
Well, that holds true for just about all impersonal communications where you can neither hear the inflection of the voice nor interpret facial expression and gestures. Deprivation of these parts of communication opens the flood gates for misunderstandings and misinterpretation. It also eliminates the perception of subtleties that aid in conveying sarcasm, irony, and the like.

It's really quite crude as a means of communication and partially explains the many inane arguments that can be found on this forum and others.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:51 AM

4,130 posts, read 3,857,748 times
I don't believe anyone who makes claims without being able to back it up, like claims about death panels because "We all know about it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Others will call it "death panels" and we know all about it!
Or making wild claims that it was seen on a TV show interview that no one can seem to find...

Quote:
This morning on NBC they showed a subject that due to a shortage of doctors in the near future one doctor will be holding group sessions.

Each patient will have to sign a waiver that it is ok that the patients info will be discussed in a group session.
That everyone that wears burkas, especially if they have back packs, are just waiting to blow people up...

Quote:
No they show their face. In a Burka you only see their eyes and I never saw any Nun or Priest blow up other people but people wearing Burka's do...just a fact and I rather see a face then just eyes and a wide gown that can hide more items, combined with a back pack in a mall is kind of weird.

Btw how many times do you see a nun or priest in a mall?

Just be ignorant and wait for it to happen...all around the world crimes have been committed this way and sooner than later it will happen here so why not try to prevent it before loved ones are killed! Burka's belongin the Country of origin and not in our society or at least wear them around their own home but not in places where others can't see who is behind that costume.
That Jews rule the world...

Why are Jews so powerful

That "Obama voters" attack conservatives because you claimed to have seen one bizarre incident...

What will happen if Obama will loose the elections? Riots?

Also that the economy will collapse in Jan/Feb of 2013...

Counting down for the unemployment rate to go over 9%

You make these claims all the time. If you want to chastise people for making up stories, and not being completely honest, then don't be a hypocrite by doing it yourself constantly. The OP is another set of claims without anything to back it up but venting. I can understand venting...but your claims hold as much weight as those you rail against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or