Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 06:35 PM

7,432 posts, read 5,692,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Considering that Cain's campaign was full of lies[/url]
That's odd, we've had a pathological liar in the white house for what? 5 going in 6 years now. I don't think he's drawn one honest breath since he started hanging out with Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright and the like.

There's several pages so keep clicking at the bottom of the page and be patient it takes a while to read them all. Maybe take a lazy Sunday afternoon when the house is quiet.

PolitiFact | All False statements involving Barack Obama

If you don't like this site just google "list of Obama lies" there's a lot to choose from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 07:57 PM

29,180 posts, read 22,188,230 times
I hate these hypothetical topics!
What if? Can always be spun a gazillion different ways that leave no one satisfied.

The fact is: Herman Cain didn't make it through the try-outs. Neither did Donald Trump, Rick Perry, Jon Huntsman, or Michele Bachmann. None got as far as the second string.

There are always a large bunch of candidates at the start of every Presidential election, and the most unqualified almost always are the first to be weeded out. There was nothing exceptional in this about Herman. He was just a brief flash in the pan, and wasn't even the brightest flash.

Has he made any lingering splash on our body politic? Nope. He is just a minor footnote in history, and has joined a thousand others who sank without leaving a ripple.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:06 PM

2,923 posts, read 3,490,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
IMHO President Obama is far more capable then ANY of the wannabe Republicans that lost the last TWO elections.
Great joke GregW, you're too funny!

Old 12-02-2013, 08:10 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,315,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
How would things be different if Herman Cain were currently the President of the United States?
Cain was never a serious candidate. He was the king comic of the GOP stable of clown candidates. It's a waste of time to even consider a serious answer to your question.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:27 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,641,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Cain is black; Obama is black, doesn't make them the same. Policy is what matters. l.
Wow. You really are naive.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:36 PM

24,479 posts, read 33,161,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Aside from Herman Cain's lies which were well documented, his economic policies would be more destructive to economic equality than Reagan's. The whole 9/9/9 thing was a joke...even Conservatives couldn't get behind it.

And aside from both of those....just on a practical level, could you just imagine sending that idiot to a major economic summit like the G8? On the stage with other major world leaders!?!? Without a handler!?!?
Reagan's economic policies were not "destructive." Just the opposite.

Quote:
God, I'd be so embarrased.
I am embarrassed with the current president.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:57 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,428,115 times
If Herman Cain was elected president, he would say: "let them eat pizza" (if they have no bred)...

Old 12-02-2013, 11:10 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,409,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
How would things be different if Herman Cain were currently the President of the United States?
What makes you think anything would be substantially different? Personally, I've been doing well no matter who is President at the time. From a practical standpoint, my observation is they are generally all the same.

[sometimes I wonder why I vote...]

Old 12-03-2013, 08:49 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,345,875 times
A Cain talking point would be " I keep saying 9 9 9 and congress keeps saying no no no "

Old 12-03-2013, 08:55 AM

525 posts, read 506,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Reagan's economic policies were not "destructive." Just the opposite.

I am embarrassed with the current president.
Is this the opposite of destructive to you: 1).The deficit exploded. 2).Public debt was increased substantially. 3).The income gap grew exponentially.

But I suppose Reagan should be thanked to some degree. Because of him, an entire school of economic thought was virtually discredited at every objective level of research and academia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies