Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 08:56 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You are just full of personal attacks and insults, aren't you.

Of course we are getting warmer don't try and act as if this is something we don't both agree on. Ee were in a little ice-age a century ago, I freaking hope we are warming up. BTW, since you claim to be all knowing, when the planet naturally warmed out of the LIA, at what point was it supposed to halt all further warming?
I never claimed to be all knowing, that is just your assumption. Personally I would rather listen to what scientists say about this topic than what deniers say from their junk science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
All we need to do is look back in time the the medieval warming period, and things were really great for humans. But you folks imagine the worst kind of scenarios where it's end of the world kind of doom and gloom, actual human while history disagrees.
And today we are warmer than the medieval warming period. So you probably shouldn't use that as your marker.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:15 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
it is cold where I am, today, like it was another winter years ago. Yep you debunked science with your caveman idea of climate change.
His argument is no different than yours concerning storms being caused by global whatever it's being called today.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
And today we are warmer than the medieval warming period. So you probably shouldn't use that as your marker.
I've went back and watched the taped medieval weather reports also and they do not support this.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
His argument is no different than yours concerning storms being caused by global whatever it's being called today.
It is still considered global warming, climate change is also a valid term.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I've went back and watched the taped medieval weather reports also and they do not support this.
Well I am sure your denier junk science doesn't support this. It must have been like a million degrees for people during the medieval period.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Well I am sure your denier junk science doesn't support this. It must have been like a million degrees for people during the medieval period.
Junk science is believing you can accurately state what the global temps were exactly in the medieval period.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:31 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
I never claimed to be all knowing, that is just your assumption. Personally I would rather listen to what scientists say about this topic than what deniers say from their junk science.
So what am I denying, other then CO2 is solely to blame for warming?

I know what too many pro-AGW scientists do, they create data, sometimes inserting their own human-induced flaws into the data, or manipulate the data, or misinterpret the data, and then claim it proves their theories, rather then try and do the exact opposite.

You want everyone to take you so seriously, so you grossly exaggerate everything and create the worst case scenarios possible. Then you get people like me who object to this, and deny the over-the-top rhetoric you guys spew, then you call us deniers, as if we are akin to holocaust deniers.

You use data that involves very complicated and not fully understood mechanics to back up your own wildly exaggerate, unproven claims, and if anyone dares challenge you, you insult, ridicule and malign them; you've been doing it this entire thread.

In this thread you guys toss out temperature data as proof of man-made global warming. So what years over the past few decades do you think had high temps which prove global warming?

Last edited by OICU812; 12-13-2013 at 09:49 AM..

Old 12-13-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Junk science is believing you can accurately state what the global temps were exactly in the medieval period.
Seriously, you think we can't accurately state what the global temperatures use to be? Explains why you believe in junk science. News flash for you, it is cold where I am today so that must mean global warming has been debunked.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:44 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
A part of the problem is we can accurately read temperatures in a way that was impossible in the past, and then we try and compare the two time periods when we have different sets of data.

For example, we did not have satellite data in the past, so we cannot use that data to compare with the past because it does not exist.

Another example is our climate weather stations, they are not giving us accurate temp data because the local environment around them is changing, and some have become extremely compromised and their data cannot be trusted. When we use compromised data like that, and assume it's still giving us accurate data, it's garbage in, garbage out.

So when you try to prove warming, and some of your data is either flawed, corrupted or inappropriate, don't get upset if I question your assertions, by insulting and ridiculing me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies