U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 06:49 AM

7,497 posts, read 3,869,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What ever side of the political fence you are on it should make for an interesting interview.
Chris Matthews To Interview Obama Thursday
It's about as significant as Joseph Goebbels interviewing Adolf Hitler. Matthews is one of the foremost of the propaganda machine defending Mr Obama even when he does things that are completely indefensible. It's like Obama is playing a video game on easy mode with all cheat codes enabled.

Wanna shock the world? Have somebody like Sean Hannity interview him -- somebody who will actually challenge the man in every area. Somebody who is ideologically opposite from the president. How does he answer his critics? How does he defend himself against those who disagree with him? We will probably never know.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 06:49 AM

33,161 posts, read 39,145,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Obama has been exposed as a liar. Your post would make sense if we had a semi-respectable president. But this is Obama we're talking about. This is Barrack "If you like your insurance you can keep it, period" Obama. This is Barrack "I will veto any attempt to get around sequestration, except sequestration is all the Republicans' fault" Obama. This is Barrack "I am outraged at the actions of the IRS and will get to the bottom of it" Obama. This is Barrack "I never drew a red line" Obama. This is Barrack "No lobbyists will serve in my administration" Obama. This is Barrack "The attack on Benghazi was a spontaneous demonstration over a youtube video" Obama. This is Barrack "Eric Holder knew nothing about fast and furious" Obama. This is Barrack "The police acted stupidly" Obama.

At this point even liberals are calling Obama a liar. You have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to trust anything Obama says.
As i said it will be an interesting interview no matter what side of the political fence you are on but if your preconceived notions are such that you cant even bring yourself to watch what the man says in an interview its going to be rather disingenuous for you to then offer your take on the interview that you never watched or only watched through carefully edited FOX clips of the event.
Cmon kidkaos grab a beer pull up a seat and enjoy the interview, think how much fuel you'll be able to add to the rightwing fire the next day..

Old 12-04-2013, 06:52 AM

6,466 posts, read 3,409,732 times
Quote:
I saw a clip of someone doing this on one of the talk shows. This is the new tactic for liberal partisan hacks, it seems. Now that they can no longer credibly claim Obama isn't a liar, they've switched tactics to a "all politicians lie, it's no big deal" stance.
So can you name me one (1) politician that has never told a lie? You really never believed the George Washington and the cherry tree story...I should hope. Anyway, different lies have different consequences, you think?

Old 12-04-2013, 07:00 AM

7,497 posts, read 3,869,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
So can you name me one (1) politician that has never told a lie? You really never believed the George Washington and the cherry tree story...I should hope. Anyway, different lies have different consequences, you think?
I'd say you're pretty much intentionally missing the point. Yes all politicians are liars to one degree or another. It's part of the whole political game. That is no excuse for giving any of them a free pass for bad behavior. We should all demand a higher standard of honesty from our elected leaders. Giving any president a pass "because he's on my side politically" is an absolutely terrible idea.

There should be no partisanship to things like demanding answers in the face of controversy. The same people nailing George W to the cross for invading Iraq (and rightfully so) should be just as vigilant demanding answers about things like Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the many problems with Obamacare, etc.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:07 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,120,514 times
Obama...."Chris, here are some special edition Presidential Knee Pads...and if you like your new kneepads, you can keep your kneepads."

Old 12-04-2013, 08:22 AM

4,707 posts, read 3,343,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Canned questions with canned answers. The free press idea was supposed to create a political watchdog, but our national media has become a political lapdog.
This, indeed, is the biggest problem we have as a country right now. When you have the media providing ground cover for you, there's no limit to what you can do.

Quote:
Odd that so many have so much negative to say about the President yet seem to outright refuse the opportunity to watch him get interviewed on tv where he may provide some interesting answers to some of the important questions of the day,
However i guess if all one believes is that its all lies and media manipulation and have your preconcieved ideas on all issues cast in stone then by all means dont waste your time tuning in, you can tune into an overly biased recap on FOX news to garner the correct rightwing take on the interview rather than listen to the President himself and come to your own conclusions. ..
Just as every alcoholic takes the first step by admitting they have a problem, you need to admit to yourself that Obama is a liar. He's lied on numerous occasions, and there's no reason for anyone to believe that a Chris Matthews/Baroke Obama love-fest is as scripted as professional wrestling. Obama would NEVER consent to a cold interview on national TV, because he's a HORRIBLE public speaker when it comes to impromptu speech.

Quote:
Obama has been exposed as a liar. Your post would make sense if we had a semi-respectable president. But this is Obama we're talking about. This is Barrack "If you like your insurance you can keep it, period" Obama. This is Barrack "I will veto any attempt to get around sequestration, except sequestration is all the Republicans' fault" Obama. This is Barrack "I am outraged at the actions of the IRS and will get to the bottom of it" Obama. This is Barrack "I never drew a red line" Obama. This is Barrack "No lobbyists will serve in my administration" Obama. This is Barrack "The attack on Benghazi was a spontaneous demonstration over a youtube video" Obama. This is Barrack "Eric Holder knew nothing about fast and furious" Obama. This is Barrack "The police acted stupidly" Obama.

At this point even liberals are calling Obama a liar. You have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to trust anything Obama says.
So, so true!

Old 12-04-2013, 08:24 AM

4,707 posts, read 3,343,120 times
It will prove to be an interesting interview. Before the interview starts, Mr. Matthews will be known as "Chris".

During the interview, he'll likely slip into his 'other' name, "Neal and Bob".

Old 12-04-2013, 08:44 AM

32,603 posts, read 17,684,046 times
Default Chris Mathewes interviews the President on Thursday.

I'll try to catch it. Matthews knows his way around DC and has been on the inside of congressional politics. Probably be a good interview.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:33 AM

38,004 posts, read 18,971,874 times
Quote:
Odd that so many have so much negative to say about the President yet seem to outright refuse the opportunity to watch him get interviewed on tv where he may provide some interesting answers to some of the important questions of the day,

However i guess if all one believes is that its all lies and media manipulation and have your preconcieved ideas on all issues cast in stone then by all means dont waste your time tuning in, you can tune into an overly biased recap on FOX news to garner the correct rightwing take on the interview rather than listen to the President himself and come to your own conclusions. ..
Why would we want to watch him get soft ball interviews. It's all propaganda but you will tune in to get your fill.

You say if one believes it is all lies???? Well I am one of those people who lost their insurance so I know for a fact that he lied. If his lips move he's lying.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:36 AM

38,004 posts, read 18,971,874 times
Obama just came on tv, reaching for the off button, ok it's off. Obama made it clear he doesn't care about people like me and doesn't listen to the American people why should we listen to him and his propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies