U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-04-2013, 12:11 PM
 
31,016 posts, read 24,462,727 times
Reputation: 17897

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
morality is subjective. why should all the world live by your morality. we all have the right to live out lives as WE wish, not how your values wish we live. not many women want to go back and live in the 50's when we had no birth control save the diaphragm, condoms and rhythm methods. sex is for fun the majority of the time.

women are allowed to control their bodies as they see fit. to take or not take birth control. that is their responsibility. birth control fails, women are victims of raped and incest. some women already have too many children or are not in a position to take care of anymore. all women now in America and other parts of the world have a choice. remember there are 3 birth, adoption, abortion. it is theirs to make for their life. they have no obligation to make their choice based on anyone else's life but their own.

don't want an abortion don't have one, simple.
morality is not sujective. it has been written into every society that has been on this planet. and yes its true a woman con what ever she wants with her body, but she has to recognize that there are consequences to the actions she takes, just like there are consequences to the actions that men take. if you dont want to deal with the possible consequences, then dont take the action. if you dont want to deal with an unwanted pregnancy, then dont have sex, its that simple. the problem though is that people want to have their cake and eat it too and not get fat. sorry but life doesnt work that way. if you have sex, there is a possibility of pregnancy, and the consequences that go along with that pregnancy. if the woman gets pregnant, the man should step up and support the child and be part of its life. but we have gotten to a point where if a child is unwanted, no problem women can take a pill or go to a clinic and get rid of the problem like its nothing. sorry i dont work that way, when i was younger, and had i gotten a woman pregnant, i would have stepped up and been responsible, and i would have expected the woman to do the same.

we cant shirk our responsibilities just because we dont want them. that is a big part of morality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
what a callous remark. you think a woman that doesn't want to be pregnant in the present might not want to in the future? a woman should just cut out her ovaries in her early 20's because she isn't ready to bear children then?
then the woman has to take responsibility for their actions, just like men do, as i said above. as i said before, and will say again, pregnancy is a consequence of having sex, and if you dont want to deal with that consequence, then DONT HAVE SEX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
yes sometimes it is....snort. you ever hear of rape or incest?
and i can accept a woman having an abortion under those circumstances, as well as to save the life of the women if a pregnancy puts her life in jeopardy. but to have an abortion just because someone doesnt want a child, sorry that is wrong imo. you made that child, you need to step up and take responsibility for the actions that made that child, and yes again the man as well needs to step up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, yes. Most pregnancies are not planned. Women don't intend to get pregnant, and often don't WANT to get pregnant. Since they aren't willing for a pregnancy, then it is against their will.
right, women decode they want a night of debauchery regardless of the fact that they know that such a night can lead to a pregnancy, but they dont care about that, they want their fun and damn the consequences. well sorry they knew the consequences before hand, and they have to deal with the aftermath as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
And how are you going to do that? Having the Morality Police patrolling the streets to make sure women don't get out of line? Sounds like you'd like living in Iran, rather than the "land of the free".
You should move there forthwith....sounds like the perfect place for you.
first off i would not like living in iran, personally i like my cars and computers, and my freedoms. second i dont want morality police hanging around. but people have to understand that with rights come responsibilities, same with freedom. and that there are consequences to their actions. men and women know that a sexual union can result in a pregnancy, and they have to either be ready for that possibility and steo up and take responsibility, or dont engage in that union. and dont get me wrong, sex is a hell of a lot of fun, i recognize that, but again i recognize that there is a possibility of a pregnancy as a result of that fun. morality isnt just waiting to have sex, or not having fun, its about taking responsibility for the aftermath of that fun.

 
Old 12-04-2013, 12:18 PM
 
Location: Stuck in NE GA right now
4,585 posts, read 10,523,039 times
Reputation: 6602
After wading through another anti-abortion thread...like there hasn't been any in the last day. It makes me really pleased that I was not raised christian nor am I one today.

I believe in the right of choice - don't want one don't get one. I'm glad that in this country I do have that choice and saddened that many in other countries do not.
 
Old 12-04-2013, 12:19 PM
 
39,128 posts, read 23,308,512 times
Reputation: 12169
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
morality is not sujective. it has been written into every society that has been on this planet. and yes its true a woman con what ever she wants with her body, but she has to recognize that there are consequences to the actions she takes, just like there are consequences to the actions that men take. if you dont want to deal with the possible consequences, then dont take the action. if you dont want to deal with an unwanted pregnancy, then dont have sex, its that simple. the problem though is that people want to have their cake and eat it too and not get fat. sorry but life doesnt work that way. if you have sex, there is a possibility of pregnancy, and the consequences that go along with that pregnancy. if the woman gets pregnant, the man should step up and support the child and be part of its life. but we have gotten to a point where if a child is unwanted, no problem women can take a pill or go to a clinic and get rid of the problem like its nothing. sorry i dont work that way, when i was younger, and had i gotten a woman pregnant, i would have stepped up and been responsible, and i would have expected the woman to do the same.

we cant shirk our responsibilities just because we dont want them. that is a big part of morality.



then the woman has to take responsibility for their actions, just like men do, as i said above. as i said before, and will say again, pregnancy is a consequence of having sex, and if you dont want to deal with that consequence, then DONT HAVE SEX!!



and i can accept a woman having an abortion under those circumstances, as well as to save the life of the women if a pregnancy puts her life in jeopardy. but to have an abortion just because someone doesnt want a child, sorry that is wrong imo. you made that child, you need to step up and take responsibility for the actions that made that child, and yes again the man as well needs to step up.



right, women decode they want a night of debauchery regardless of the fact that they know that such a night can lead to a pregnancy, but they dont care about that, they want their fun and damn the consequences. well sorry they knew the consequences before hand, and they have to deal with the aftermath as a result.



first off i would not like living in iran, personally i like my cars and computers, and my freedoms. second i dont want morality police hanging around. but people have to understand that with rights come responsibilities, same with freedom. and that there are consequences to their actions. men and women know that a sexual union can result in a pregnancy, and they have to either be ready for that possibility and steo up and take responsibility, or dont engage in that union. and dont get me wrong, sex is a hell of a lot of fun, i recognize that, but again i recognize that there is a possibility of a pregnancy as a result of that fun. morality isnt just waiting to have sex, or not having fun, its about taking responsibility for the aftermath of that fun.
Your argument rests on the premise that women are either too stupid to realize that sex can lead to pregnancy, or that women are immoral or irresponsible and should be punished for it.

Abortion is a consequence.

And since women have just as much a right as a man to decide what's best for the woman, healthwise, financially, emotionally, and pregnancy impacts her in all these ways, she has a right to decide what degree it will impact her.

And the self-righteous assertion that women shouldn't be having sex, tell it to the men out there. Because when women tell men no, it doesn't go over all that well.
 
Old 12-04-2013, 12:25 PM
 
31,016 posts, read 24,462,727 times
Reputation: 17897
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Your argument rests on the premise that women are either too stupid to realize that sex can lead to pregnancy, or that women are immoral or irresponsible and should be punished for it.

Abortion is a consequence.

And since women have just as much a right as a man to decide what's best for the woman, healthwise, financially, emotionally, and pregnancy impacts her in all these ways, she has a right to decide what degree it will impact her.

And the self-righteous assertion that women shouldn't be having sex, tell it to the men out there. Because when women tell men no, it doesn't go over all that well.
my argument rests ont he fact that BOTH MEN AND WOMEN forget that with sex comes the possibility of pregnancy, and that BOTH MEN AND WOMEN need to step up and be responsible for their actions. pregnancy is a consequence of having sex, both men and women know it, but they choose to ignore the possibility.

and by the way, my argument also says the men should also keep it in their pants if they dont want to deal with children. responsibility isnt a one party street, both parties have that responsibility, which i noted in my argument.
 
Old 12-04-2013, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Ohio
14,365 posts, read 12,671,272 times
Reputation: 19204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Reminds me of the old scifi movies:

Purple Amazon Women from Venus Attack!!!

FYI Catholic Church doesn't force anyone to do ANYTHING any more.

It's all voluntary.
Ummm.....did you miss the part where the Catholic Church virtually runs Argentina and its laws that force women to live by Catholic dogma?
 
Old 12-04-2013, 12:33 PM
 
39,128 posts, read 23,308,512 times
Reputation: 12169
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
my argument rests ont he fact that BOTH MEN AND WOMEN forget that with sex comes the possibility of pregnancy, and that BOTH MEN AND WOMEN need to step up and be responsible for their actions. pregnancy is a consequence of having sex, both men and women know it, but they choose to ignore the possibility.

and by the way, my argument also says the men should also keep it in their pants if they dont want to deal with children. responsibility isnt a one party street, both parties have that responsibility, which i noted in my argument.
Your argument, then, fails to address the fact that pregnancy is a separate consequence from children. And that pregnancy impacts the woman uniquely and separately from men. In a society with a patriarchal cultural legacy, women lag behind men in all ways. Pregnancies play into that lag. If a man makes a decision that clearly benefits his well-being and doesn't break any laws, it's unquestioned. If a woman makes a decision that clearly benefits her well-being and doesn't break any laws, she is selfish, immoral, irresponsible or stupid.
 
Old 12-04-2013, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Eastern NC
18,225 posts, read 16,760,702 times
Reputation: 16059
I just watched the video and I was laughing my butt off. Sexually molesting innocent praying men? Wow, I saw no sexual molestation going on. Looks like some of the guys were enjoying the boobage showing.
Looks like just another anti-abortion falsely titled thread once again. Ho-hum.
 
Old 12-04-2013, 12:42 PM
 
1,519 posts, read 1,023,710 times
Reputation: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
morality is not subjective.
Really? The women around you walk around completely covered up? No hemlines above the knee? They cover their hair when they enter church? They ride their horses "sidesaddle?" You don't get married once your are a widow/widower? Women don't wear make-up? They don't drive cars? They don't kiss in public? No bikinis? No bathing suits? No exposed skin, ever? They don't work? Homosexuals are put to death? Sexual and/or emotional language is tabu? Sex before marriage is a crime? Children out of wedlock bring severe repercussions with them?

You see, what is considered moral or not is, indeed, highly subjective. How do you not know that?

Not just inter-culturally, but most certainly intra-culturally. Even within an accepted moral codex there is wide variation between individuals.

Look around you: People have all kinds of ideas what is morally acceptable and what is not. There is no set standard - there is only a wide-meshed, overarching framework that tackles the most basic of principles and defines them as right or wrong in often crude terms. Those items are generally agreed-upon but anything more subtle is utterly subjective.
 
Old 12-04-2013, 12:47 PM
 
Location: Riverside
4,088 posts, read 3,565,179 times
Reputation: 3073
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
http://www.lifesitenews.com/horror-m...en-defend.html


"Buenos Aires, December 2nd, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) Extremely disturbing video footage from Argentina shows a mob of feminists at a recent protest attacking and sexually molesting a group of Rosary-praying Catholic men who were peacefully protecting the cathedral in the city of San Juan from threats of vandalism."


I hope this never comes here, plus the police did nothing to stop it.
OMG I LOVE the title of this thread!!! Jenelle, I hope you write for a living. You are the funniest Winger on this board since all the Romneybots closed their accounts!
 
Old 12-04-2013, 12:50 PM
 
1,519 posts, read 1,023,710 times
Reputation: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
my argument rests ont he fact that BOTH MEN AND WOMEN forget that with sex comes the possibility of pregnancy, and that BOTH MEN AND WOMEN need to step up and be responsible for their actions. pregnancy is a consequence of having sex, both men and women know it, but they choose to ignore the possibility.

and by the way, my argument also says the men should also keep it in their pants if they dont want to deal with children. responsibility isnt a one party street, both parties have that responsibility, which i noted in my argument.
Wishful thinking does not equal reality.

I find it rather sickening to argue that people who are irresponsible must be forced to go through pregnancy

Pregnancy and the birth of a child should be something joyful - not a means of punishment for irresponsible behavior. That's very, very twisted.

Sure, "both men and women need to step up and be responsible." Of course, the reality is, again, that it's the woman who gets forced to do something against her will - what a misogynist standpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top