Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 01:07 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
World is crazier by the day.
I know! How dare women stand up and fight for the rights to control their own medical decisions?

Old 12-04-2013, 01:09 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
The Catholic church oppresses women.

Besides, all these innocent little baby souls will float straight up into heaven to rest in the loving arms of Baby Jesus.

Problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You misinterpreted.
The bible-bangers are screeching about the poor murdered babies. The non-religious are asking them, that since they believe in god and the afterlife, what's wrong with the baby souls going straight up to heaven, with no earthly trials or tribulations or tests to see if they qualify for heaven? It's like a "get out of jail free" card.
After all, if your faith is strong, you should have no problem with that.

Oddly enough, not one religious anti-choicer has addressed that.
Ever.
I misinterpret nothing

Old 12-04-2013, 01:09 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Of course, my opinion wasn't because "I don't like them" (hyuck), but on what they did. And to the extent that freedom to walk around the block is a basic human right, most well-run governments would disagree with you, when it comes to assault.

Seriously, though? We're gonna sit here and try to work up a defense for these people? Fine. I've got a full day to waste, let's get to work
They shouted at some men, they spray-painted them, and they burned the Pope in effigy.

While I think the spray-painting could be considered assault, I think spray-painting a man's crotch is probably less of an assault then spraying pepper spray in his face.

I also think the Catholic Church's continued insistence that women are second-class and inferior to men (the sole reason for prohibiting female priests), is a form of assault. What think you?

Old 12-04-2013, 01:11 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,250,687 times
and you left out "and the end product of sex could lead to pregnancy".
Liberals just want no responsibility when it comes to sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Better education of conservative Americans, starting with "Sex is a natural part of live. We are all born with a desire for sex. While sex drive varies from individual to individual, it is innate and natural, and we are all designed to derive pleasure from sexual acts."

Old 12-04-2013, 01:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I misinterpret nothing
Clearly, you did.
You can insist you didn't misinterpret, but by the very virtue of asking the question, you didn't understand at all.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Taking care of business with an unwanted pregnancy IS being responsible.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:16 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I know! How dare women stand up and fight for the rights to control their own medical decisions?
Is that what they were doing? I thought they were assaulting people and exposing their boobs silly me.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
An abortion is a consequence. No one wakes up in the morning thinking, "What a great day to go to the doctor and have a painful, humiliating medical procedure performed!"

The problem for conservatives is that for many women an abortion is less expensive than a pregnancy (I know, how dare a woman think about her financial well-being!) and an abortion is safer than a pregnancy (I know, how dare a woman think about her health!) and an abortion allows a woman to work (I know, why a woman should suppress that nausea and vomit from morning sickness-a misnomer for sure, since the nausea and vomiting strike at all times of the day and night, and she should schedule her doctor appointments after work because there are so many doctor's offices open at night, and she needs to learn to work through back pain, swollen feet and legs, gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, and the like! Women need to grow a pair!) and an abortion allows a woman more resources to provide for the children she already has.

But, no, the woman was so stupid she went ahead and had sex, something human beings have an innate drive and instinct to do. Women shouldn't have that instinct, right? That is the reasoning behind female genital mutilation--that women shouldn't have a human drive and instinct to want sex. Women need to control themselves. And if they don't, they are just being stupid, immoral or irresponsible.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Is that what they were doing? I thought they were assaulting people and exposing their boobs silly me.
Silly you.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:22 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,425 times
Quote:
It's more than that. Sex is being turned from something special that you only share with people you deeply love into the equivalent of a bodily function -- something to be used with no discretion. Pregnancy is an inconvenience; treated like an unwanted side-effect of sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies