Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 10:14 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

I think LifeSite, with their very slanted and biased reporting, has left out some important facts. Like the fact that tensions were already running very high, after Catholics had attacked a Jewish church service honoring the victims of Kristall Nicht earlier in November. Some of the violence was retribution for that attack. There were men and women involved in the protest. And the fight for equal rights for women in Argentina is quite heated, in part due to the patriarchal attitude of the Catholic Church, and in part due to the culture.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:15 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy.
right! Because pregancy is something that happens to women against their will.

snort

Old 12-04-2013, 10:18 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
The men were simply standing outside the church to protect it from vandalism. There were doing nothing to the women who attacked them.

The women bear 100% of the blame. The individuals they attacked had done nothing to them. What those women did was sexual assault and a hate crime.

You don't get to physically attack someone who is simply standing on the sidewalk outside a church because you're angry with that church's policies. Sorry, but civilized behavior doesn't work like that.
You must have missed a huge chunk of human history. Attacking people who represent oppression is EXACTLY what humans have always done. Only recently have we come up with the idea that we need to be more civilized. Still, if you look at the policies of your own nation abroad, you'll discover that we are quite happy to use violence if we don't get our way. Despite your call for acting civilized.

Don't get me wrong, I don't endorse violence, but I certainly understand that it can and will arise if people feel threatened enough.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:18 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

snort
yes sometimes it is....snort. you ever hear of rape or incest?

Old 12-04-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
what a callous remark. you think a woman that doesn't want to be pregnant in the present might not want to in the future? a woman should just cut out her ovaries in her early 20's because she isn't ready to bear children then?
Well, women are just objects used for cooking and breeding. Sexism is alive and well.

If men were the ones getting pregnant, abortion would not just be legal but paid for by health insurance.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:21 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I think LifeSite, with their very slanted and biased reporting, has left out some important facts. Like the fact that tensions were already running very high, after Catholics had attacked a Jewish church service honoring the victims of Kristall Nicht earlier in November. Some of the violence was retribution for that attack. There were men and women involved in the protest. And the fight for equal rights for women in Argentina is quite heated, in part due to the patriarchal attitude of the Catholic Church, and in part due to the culture.
If someone wants a one-sided, slanted, extremely conservative, biased news site..... LifeSite is the go-to choice.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:

snort
OMG. No, some women just wake up one morning and think "Hey, I wonder what I should do today. Should I go to the mall? Oh, I know, I am going to get myself an abortion."

Don't know what planet you live on, but over here on Earth, women get abortions for a variety of reasons, none of them involve the desire to be pregnant. Generally speaking, if you want to be pregnant, you don't get an abortion.

Reasons are as varied as having health concerns, having financial concerns, having been raped to having been drunk and stupid with a guy you don't know.

Would it be ideal if these situations didn't arise? Sure. Is that reality? No.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:33 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:

snort
Actually, yes. Most pregnancies are not planned. Women don't intend to get pregnant, and often don't WANT to get pregnant. Since they aren't willing for a pregnancy, then it is against their will.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:35 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by rbohm

thats not the point the poster was trying to
make.

how about we get back to some old fashioned
morality, instead of having sex with anyone at anytime, lets put it back with in
a committed relationship where it is supposed to be. i realize that sex is fun,
but it also leads to procreation, and thus carries certain responsibilities with
it. we have to look past the pleasurable recreation and remember that
responsibility that comes with the pleasure.
And how are you going to do that? Having the Morality Police patrolling the streets to make sure women don't get out of line? Sounds like you'd like living in Iran, rather than the "land of the free".
You should move there forthwith....sounds like the perfect place for you.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:04 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
http://www.lifesitenews.com/horror-m...en-defend.html

"Buenos Aires, December 2nd, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Extremely disturbing video footage from Argentina shows a mob of feminists at a recent protest attacking and sexually molesting a group of Rosary-praying Catholic men who were peacefully protecting the cathedral in the city of San Juan from threats of vandalism."

I hope this never comes here, plus the police did nothing to stop it.
Silly women.....they should have taken a page from the pro-lifer handbook and used high powered rifles and bombs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies