Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 12:51 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times

Advertisements

But- But, I was told it's just the conservatives and the religious folks who get intolerant and hateful.

How can this be?

These women specifically should never be allowed to abort. Ever. For most women who are "pro-choice" probably base their stance on reasoning and rationality, two things the mob in question surely do not possess. They must be motivated by hatred. Not human, so they don't deserve even basic human rights.

Oh, and being naked is a surefire way to see to it that your cause is not well known or respected. For any future protesters out there to keep in mind!

Old 12-04-2013, 12:53 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
But- But, I was told it's just the conservatives and the religious folks who get intolerant and hateful.

How can this be?

These women specifically should never be allowed to abort. Ever. For most women who are "pro-choice" probably base their stance on reasoning and rationality, two things the mob in question surely do not possess. They must be motivated by hatred. Not human, so they don't deserve even basic human rights.

Oh, and being naked is a surefire way to see to it that your cause is not well known or respected. For any future protesters out there to keep in mind!

everyone deserves "basic human rights" doesn't matter if you like them or not .

Old 12-04-2013, 12:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
thats not the point the poster was trying to make.

how about we get back to some old fashioned morality, instead of having sex with anyone at anytime, lets put it back with in a committed relationship where it is supposed to be. i realize that sex is fun, but it also leads to procreation, and thus carries certain responsibilities with it. we have to look past the pleasurable recreation and remember that responsibility that comes with the pleasure.
Morals? Sex feels good, and there's nothing wrong with having as much of it as you can with whomever you choose.

Whoever said that sex should be had only by people in committed relationships? That's stupid. Who made that rule? A fool apparently.
[quote=carolac;32480102]How embarrassing to be you right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Meh...don't the babies get to go straight to heaven? Surely that's a better fate than being born in Argentina, isn't it?

Again...that 'heaven' thing. Remember that? What's oppressive about that?
Funny. I'm not the least bit embarrassed. Why should I be?

Old 12-04-2013, 12:54 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
I post this after reading the first 40 posts... wow there are some who do not believe there is a god that want to kill babies so they can go to heaven a place they do not think exists.....wow

Old 12-04-2013, 12:55 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
World is crazier by the day.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:55 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I have a better idea.
More education for these women starting with "Sex could lead to pregnancy".
Have you ever lived among severely impoverished people? Give it try sometime and see how that changes your perspective on things.

I remember a bunch of gringos coming to the school in the little village next to ours with wads of cash, ready to donate a dozen computers so that the children would have better and easier access to information. Maybe, just maybe, they would't all end up pregnant by the time they are 15 as well and they would, of course, have a much brighter future - all educated and prepared for the modern world.

Of course, it didn't occur to these geniuses that there was neither electricity nor internet at the school - let alone money to pay for it. What these kids needed wasn't a bunch of technology. They needed food and safety so that they didn't have to spend all day fending for themselves while their parents slaved away in a field somewhere earning $2 a day.

Reality elsewhere is often fundamentally different than what you perceive it to be through the bias of your own world.

It's easy to say that these people should be more educated - it is also a very blind and arrogant statement.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:56 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
I'd love to read more about this from a less histrionic source. The only sites posting info are running identical articles.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:57 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Have you ever lived among severely impoverished people? Give it try sometime and see how that changes your perspective on things.

I remember a bunch of gringos coming to the school in the little village next to ours with wads of cash, ready to donate a dozen computers so that the children would have better and easier access to information. Maybe, just maybe, they would't all end up pregnant by the time they are 15 as well and they would, of course, have a much brighter future - all educated and prepared for the modern world.

Of course, it didn't occur to these geniuses that there was neither electricity nor internet at the school - let alone money to pay for it. What these kids needed wasn't a bunch of technology. They needed food and safety so that they didn't have to spend all day fending for themselves while their parents slaved away in a field somewhere earning $2 a day.

Reality elsewhere is often fundamentally different than what you perceive it to be through the bias of your own world.

It's easy to say that these people should be more educated - it is also a very blind and arrogant statement.
You're right in a way. Many educated people are still dumb enough to get knocked up when they aren't ready or willing to support a life.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:00 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
everyone deserves "basic human rights" doesn't matter if you like them or not .
Of course, my opinion wasn't because "I don't like them" (hyuck), but on what they did. And to the extent that freedom to walk around the block is a basic human right, most well-run governments would disagree with you, when it comes to assault.

Seriously, though? We're gonna sit here and try to work up a defense for these people? Fine. I've got a full day to waste, let's get to work

Old 12-04-2013, 01:04 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I post this after reading the first 40 posts... wow there are some who do not believe there is a god that want to kill babies so they can go to heaven a place they do not think exists.....wow
You misinterpreted.
The bible-bangers are screeching about the poor murdered babies. The non-religious are asking them, that since they believe in god and the afterlife, what's wrong with the baby souls going straight up to heaven, with no earthly trials or tribulations or tests to see if they qualify for heaven? It's like a "get out of jail free" card.
After all, if your faith is strong, you should have no problem with that.

Oddly enough, not one religious anti-choicer has addressed that.
Ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies