Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 08:55 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,883,042 times

Advertisements

Talking about disliking Obama early on now is uncool because it's hipster in the bad sense, like totally liking that new band before it was cool. I avoid doing it in person (i.e. off the internet) for precisely this reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 04:11 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So in other words, you are admitting he has a right wing streak and that Republicans are proving the left's point by being against everything he is proposing just because he has a D beside his name .

But you are wrong about the racist thing, the colors are just red and blue instead of black and white LOL
You can cal it a "right wing streak" if you want. Is that you call FDR rounding up Japanese-Americans, ordering Latin American countries to round up thousands of German and Italian immigrants to their countries and send them to us to be detained, not doing much to help the Jews, cheating on his cousin-wife with his other cousin, etc....a "right wing streak"? FDR, Obama, LBJ, and Wilson are perhaps the 4 biggest "right wingers" we have ever elected.

Fact is Obama supporters tend to be the most hypocritical people - that are willing to put a politician above the welfare of a country. They harshly criticized Bush for what they ignore in or make excuses for Obama.

More lobbyists in WH, more no-bid contracts, more drones over more countries with more civilian casualties, more debt, more waste, renewed Patriot Act, continued special access to big donors, etc...

Old 12-05-2013, 04:36 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
This bill is so bad it will kill itself.

This morning on our local news they showed again people who couldn't sign up and never got any reply from the website people. They can only create a new email and start all over...btw that is our local channel 8 which is a NBC channel just so people are aware that it is a channel leaning more to the left.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:08 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
They're going independent. But seeing as the GOP continues to push religious extremism and social issues, both of which millenials disagree with them about, they're still not going to be inclined to vote Republican.

We don't need them to vote Republican. We just need them to just STAY HOME on election day and let the adults go vote.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:25 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Harvard poll: Millennial meltdown for Obama « Hot Air

Too bad these fools inflicted him on us not once but twice. Better late than never, I suppose.
You should not be able to vote -

until you are 30
if you are on public assistence
do not own property

Younger people are impulsive and lack life and work experience in order to make rational political decisions. I think, given this cohort voted for Obama TWICE, we can safely say that they make very poor choices when voting.

They revoke driving priveledges for poor/drunk drivers. Why not revoke voting priveledges for those who make equally poor and damaging voting decisions?

The same idiots, however, will be lining up to vote for the very same liberal (just with a different name) in the following elections. Sometimes a moron gets what they deserve.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:33 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Harvard poll: Millennial meltdown for Obama « Hot Air

Too bad these fools inflicted him on us not once but twice. Better late than never, I suppose.
So, you are quoting a report in Hot Air,
Which references an article on the National Journal
That cherry picks data from the Harvard Report.

Here's a link to the actual, unfiltered poll:
IOP Releases New Fall Poll, 5 Key Findings And Trends in Millennial Viewpoints | The Institute of Politics at Harvard University

And here's an interesting graphic:

The graph on the left shows overall dissatisfaction with government in general (and is the source of the OP's cherrypicked headline). Note how Congress does compared to the President. The graph on the right, however shows that the vast majority of Millenials stand by their votes in the last election. There's an other graph on the same page that shows approval ratings with Democrats at 35%, with Republicans at 19%, and Party Identification with Democrats in the 30% range and Republicans in the 20's

Conclusion? Overall Millenials are dissatisfied with government, however they still trend Democratic. Most shifts in numbers are within the margin of error. Time will tell if this is any real, sustained shift towards the Republican party or is this temporary blip.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:41 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
Millenials still continue to be brainwashed.... they are facing huge unemployment, huge student loans, and few future prospects along with a new bill for healthcare each month so they can subsidize an unhealthy obese or old person's coverage. AWESOME

Old 12-05-2013, 06:55 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,359 times
The so-called "Millenials" don't count because they don't vote.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:10 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Partisanship aside, it's really funny the differences these young people see. For instance, my oldest daughter "smelled a rat" when she first started hearing Obama hype before 2008. Everybody else she knew didn't. She said, "There's the "white guilt vote of 2008 if ever I heard it" and the rest is history. I was never interested much in politics up until then - but she goaded me into watching O'Reilly and she's a HUGE fan of Limbaugh and Hannity. I'd never heard of them before she started telling me about them.

When she was dating her (now) DH, she dissuaded him from voting for Obama the first time, which was abit rough because he was still in collge. Second time, no brainer.

My youngest daughter never liked Obama from the start, but he made great material (because she's an artist) for hillarious charicatures, cartoons and Tea Party rally posters about him.
"Partisanship aside"?? Seriously??

Old 12-05-2013, 07:20 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
It is too late. You cannot reclaim your virginity once it is given away. Barack has ruined the office for all future presidents by removing the bar of qualifications.
I'm a little more optimistic. It may take a while, but I believe our country can be rescued. It will, however, require an informed citizenry. Therein lies the problem. But things can change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies