Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 01:56 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times

Advertisements

I think they voted Obama because he was the perceived better choice compared to Romney. However I think millennials didn't think Obama was the best person for the job, just the lesser of two evils. Me, I saw things the other way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think they voted Obama because he was the perceived better choice compared to Romney. However I think millennials didn't think Obama was the best person for the job, just the lesser of two evils. Me, I saw things the other way.
I saw him as the best person for the job, not the lesser of 2 evils. I dont see Mitt Romney as evil either, just someone i disagree with.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:10 PM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
We have discussed all your examples before and you have never once put up anything to back them up.

If you are willing to back them up, then by all means, do so, but at this point you are just continuously posting the same copy and paste lines over and over again with no substance.

heck, i dont even think President Obama ever went after Bush on drones.
As typical with most Obama supporters, you sir are lying and spinning.

I think we will have to bring back the Obama lie count thread....

Maybe we could do a 100 Obama lies, distortions and hypocrisy count down thread!!! Do 1 a day for you to excuse and ignore as the good bot you are.

Obama supporters threw a hissy fit over Bush and then are fine with Obama doing those same things... This si due to a lack of principles and a strong emotional attachment to Obama.

Barack Obama said 'Fast and Furious' began under the Bush administration | PolitiFact Florida

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...o-1994-levels/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ore-signing-b/

The Obameter: End no-bid contracts above $25,000 | PolitiFact

St. Pete for Peace

Old 12-05-2013, 03:24 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,957 times
We may not like Obama, but we sure as hell don't like Republicans. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I believe that a third party candidate will win a presidential election in my lifetime.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
The so-called "Millenials" are too self-absorbed to be informed.
You act as if young people across all generations weren't self-absorbed. The "self-absorbed youth" has been a complaint for centuries buddy. Chances are you were once a self-absorbed young man.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:28 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California831 View Post
This is a hugely offensive post. Wow a constutionalist who wants voting rights revoked. Right wingers are all the same: dumb-asses!

Hmmmmmm................... you do realize, don't you, that only property owners and men were able to vote initially in the US. Given your lack of knowledge about the history of voting rights, perhaps you should reconsider voting yourself until you obtain more information that would permit you to make a logical, well informed choice.

Read up-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_..._United_States

The permission of women, non-property holders, and dependents is an artifact of a post-Constitutional era.

Again, if someone lacks the intelligence and competence to vote (I would argue that all Obama voters, given the performance of Obama would fall into that category), they should probably not be allowed to vote. We do not allow drunks to drive, felons to own firearms, and laymen without training to do surgery. Why in the world (at least a rational world) should we allow morons to vote?

Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
As typical with most Obama supporters, you sir are lying and spinning.

I think we will have to bring back the Obama lie count thread....

Maybe we could do a 100 Obama lies, distortions and hypocrisy count down thread!!! Do 1 a day for you to excuse and ignore as the good bot you are.

Obama supporters threw a hissy fit over Bush and then are fine with Obama doing those same things... This si due to a lack of principles and a strong emotional attachment to Obama.

Barack Obama said 'Fast and Furious' began under the Bush administration | PolitiFact Florida

The Obameter: Reduce earmarks to 1994 levels | PolitiFact

The Obameter: Allow five days of public comment before signing bills | PolitiFact

The Obameter: End no-bid contracts above $25,000 | PolitiFact

St. Pete for Peace
Here is what you posted earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

More lobbyists in WH, more no-bid contracts, more drones over more countries with more civilian casualties, more debt, more waste, renewed Patriot Act, continued special access to big donors, etc...

I count 5 links, only one of them addresses anything you posted in the above previous comment. This is what i mean by calling you and others "copy and Paste Posters". You have a couple of independent post, but the majority are choreographed which is why your responses do not match your previous.

So how about you actually respond to the claims you made in that post.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You should not be able to vote -

until you are 30
if you are on public assistence
do not own property

Younger people are impulsive and lack life and work experience in order to make rational political decisions. I think, given this cohort voted for Obama TWICE, we can safely say that they make very poor choices when voting.

They revoke driving priveledges for poor/drunk drivers. Why not revoke voting priveledges for those who make equally poor and damaging voting decisions?

The same idiots, however, will be lining up to vote for the very same liberal (just with a different name) in the following elections. Sometimes a moron gets what they deserve.
Your first qualification is ridiculous. Millions of young people are 10x more informed than older folk. Just because retirees have nothing to do but vote doesn't mean they're any more intelligent or informed.

The second I sort of agree with, but it will never happen.

The third is just insane, and speaks volumes to why the current GOP platform is failing miserably with young people.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Hmmmmmm................... you do realize, don't you, that only property owners and men were able to vote initially in the US. Given your lack of knowledge about the history of voting rights, perhaps you should reconsider voting yourself until you obtain more information that would permit you to make a logical, well informed choice.

Read up-

Voting rights in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The permission of women, non-property holders, and dependents is an artifact of a post-Constitutional era.

Again, if someone lacks the intelligence and competence to vote (I would argue that all Obama voters, given the performance of Obama would fall into that category), they should probably not be allowed to vote. We do not allow drunks to drive, felons to own firearms, and laymen without training to do surgery. Why in the world (at least a rational world) should we allow morons to vote?
Right, right, right. We all know that the original United States was perfect. Anything that is different from what 1788 was like is clearly a bad thing.

By the way, slavery was also legal in the US initially. Should we bring that back too?

Old 12-05-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:

Read up-

Voting rights in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was going to post a dumb comment and ask if you wanted us to go back to the days when only white land owning men could vote, but im not going to stoop that low because i doubt you do and it would just cause more bickering.

But it does seem you want to restrict voting to simply include only those who you believe would politically agree with you.

To dive deeper into your comment, driving drunk is a crime, felons have committed a crime. You are only calling these people morons simply because you do not agree with their political choices.

Also, you do realize that not All young people voted Democratic right ? There are young Republicans, but you seem to be implying that they are somehow not in the same boat simply because they voted for an R and not a D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies