Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 10:35 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
per the survey: They might want to throw obama out of office, but they definitely don't want to replace him with a republican.
this!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 10:36 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
There's hope for the country yet!
Independent is a very vague term that doesn't mean middle of the road between Republicans and Democrats.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:56 AM

1,187 posts, read 995,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Shhh. You're getting in the way them only reading what they want to read.
Pot, meet Kettle.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:06 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,350,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I would like to think that perhaps it is this generation who dismantles the two party platform.

My two children -- both Millenials -- are starting to realize that when people don't think critically before voting, things like Obama happen.

Partisanship aside, it's really funny the differences these young people see. For instance, my oldest daughter "smelled a rat" when she first started hearing Obama hype before 2008. Everybody else she knew didn't. She said, "There's the "white guilt vote of 2008 if ever I heard it" and the rest is history. I was never interested much in politics up until then - but she goaded me into watching O'Reilly and she's a HUGE fan of Limbaugh and Hannity. I'd never heard of them before she started telling me about them.

When she was dating her (now) DH, she dissuaded him from voting for Obama the first time, which was abit rough because he was still in collge. Second time, no brainer.

My youngest daughter never liked Obama from the start, but he made great material (because she's an artist) for hillarious charicatures, cartoons and Tea Party rally posters about him.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:14 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Harvard poll: Millennial meltdown for Obama Ā« Hot Air

Too bad these fools inflicted him on us not once but twice. Better late than never, I suppose.
Lets hope they realize its not about political party.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:50 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Obama might be losing the Millennials favor, but that doesn't mean Republicans are gaining it. Politics in Washington have been at some of its worst in history for almost a decade. A lot of people young and old are fed up with it.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:33 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It's a version of confirmation bias, except in this case, he (or she) was actually inferring something that simply wasn't there.

Don't be too hard on him (or her). These kids have been so thoroughly conditioned, it's all but impossible for them to accept that there's any alternative to what they've been raised to believe. The only thing that's going to change their mind is a large dose of reality smacking them squarely in the face.
the numbers show the younger cohort of millenials are increasingly independent. The numbers for Republicans are stagnant.

if you have a problem with the numbers, take it up with Harvard University

Old 12-04-2013, 01:48 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I would like to think that perhaps it is this generation who dismantles the two party platform.

My two children -- both Millenials -- are starting to realize that when people don't think critically before voting, things like Obama happen.
I'm a Millenial and I'm hoping the same thing.

Romney might have been better fiscally but we still would have been in the dark ages socially.

It's time for an overhaul.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:05 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
People hate a bald-faced liar. It's just not acceptable human behavior to willfully look into peoples' eyes and tell them a lie. It insults their intellect. It will not be tolerated.

Obama's credibility is irreparably harmed. Except for black people. The Loyalty To The Raceā„¢ monolith persists. Unfortunately.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:03 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
People hate a bald-faced liar. It's just not acceptable human behavior to willfully look into peoples' eyes and tell them a lie. It insults their intellect. It will not be tolerated.
A man who will lie to you, will steal from you also.

It's sad that he thinks we believe his BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies