Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 12:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sorry, then I mis-spoke because that is what I meant. Sorry for any confusion.
Well at least you admit it and corrected it and didn't intentionally mislead. Now you can agree that it is not smart to get so much taken out in taxes that you get money back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 12:50 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's been 5 years, yea go ahead and wait for Obama. He's got a couple more years. You'll be rich by then <smirk>
I've been adding up all the money I've not been spending because of my circumstance of not having any, and it is huge!

Conservatives believe that the way to get rich is to not spend money.

Maybe I WILL be rich soon!

Like Papa Bush said, "just stay the course".

Old 12-04-2013, 12:50 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Well at least you admit it and corrected it and didn't intentionally mislead. Now you can agree that it is not smart to get so much taken out in taxes that you get money back?
Most people get money back when filing their taxes because they overpay into their taxes. You can always take your full paycheck and pay out only what you owe in taxes come tax time.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:54 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
So you are blaming Obama for your own failures to make more money in life?
Petch needs to get on the dole where government rewards failure.!!! He can reap the rewards of those out there that would be paying for the failures of others rather than him paying for the failure of others.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
I've been adding up all the money I've not been spending because of my circumstance of not having any, and it is huge!

Conservatives believe that the way to get rich is to not spend money.

Maybe I WILL be rich soon!

Like Papa Bush said, "just stay the course".
Good, but it's not to save money for the sake of saving it. That's a losers game. I don't see rich people living in slum houses so you can't say they don't spend money.

While people are out spending their money, buying liabilities, playing rich, the wealthy have already set the foundation to becoming rich. Investing money so it makes them money, an income, money they will spend to to live on and buy things. Do you see the difference?

The upper middle class are in the process of setting the foundation but Obama keeps pointing at them and calling them rich and keeps raising taxes on them which keeps them down. Understanding how it works also helps you. Obama is counting on you to remain uneducated which will in turn keep you poor.

Last edited by petch751; 12-04-2013 at 01:16 PM..

Old 12-04-2013, 01:06 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
So we should push the poor down even more to continue to support the middle class? Put enough weight on top of the poor and the middle class sinks down into the mud with them.
My goodness. That is exactly what Obama is doing. This is Obama correcting "income equality". The poor will always be poor but with the help of the middle class, they will have a bit more. The only "weight" the poor are experiencing is the increase of government benefits. Who do you think has always carried the poor? Who will the government rely on as the middle class that has been shrinking and can no longer take care of a growing population that is government/taxpayer reliant?

Old 12-04-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
My goodness. That is exactly what Obama is doing. This is Obama correcting "income equality". The poor will always be poor but with the help of the middle class, they will have a bit more. The only "weight" the poor are experiencing is the increase of government benefits. Who do you think has always carried the poor? Who will the government rely on as the middle class that has been shrinking and can no longer take care of a growing population that is government/taxpayer reliant?
You are looking in the wrong direction, especially if you think the poor are living a life of luxury with all government handouts.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:15 PM

Never buy into a politician who says that raising taxes is the answer, he's just on a money grab and it will never be enough just like you want to make more money because it isn't enough. Next he may point to you and call you rich and grab more from you, don't put it past any greedy politician. He is grabbing money from people who need "income" to live on and hopefully build wealth. People dream of being rich or at least upper middle class. If you make the upper middle class dream he will pointing at you while the uneducated cheer him on. Get back down there!

Old 12-04-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Never buy into a politician who says that raising taxes is the answer, he's just on a money grab and it will never be enough just like you want to make more money because it isn't enough. Next he may point to you and call you rich and grab more from you, don't put it past any greedy politician. He is grabbing money from people who need "income" to live on and hopefully build wealth. People dream of being rich or at least upper middle class. If you make the upper middle class dream he will pointing at you while the uneducated cheer him on. Get back down there!
I see you are stuck on a loop, worked your way into a corner so you went back to your OP. Good job keeping your whine going.

You should never trust a politician that tells you they want to lower taxes because they mean they want to lower the taxes for their wealthy buddies while everyone else picks up the slack.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I see you are stuck on a loop, worked your way into a corner so you went back to your OP. Good job keeping your whine going.

You should never trust a politician that tells you they want to lower taxes because they mean they want to lower the taxes for their wealthy buddies while everyone else picks up the slack.
You don't even know the difference between upper income and rich (wealthy). So that is why you are stuck in your loop. It also helps keep Obama supporters poor. I don't care, stay uneducated. Obama and democrats are counting on people staying poor and uneducated about money. They want you to believe the government handout is the way to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies