Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 01:53 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post

Racism can never be over, at least not until we stop enshrining it into law as we have with affirmative action, hate crime laws, quotas, crap like U of M law school admissions, and the Attorney General of the United States deciding that double jeopardy prohibitions don't apply to him, and he'll retry the Zimmerman-Martin case if he feels like it. Plus, with the entire political correctness culture and hypersensitivity of this country, racism will never die.
Racism will never end. It's a human trait to identify with a group. But the most racist organization in the world is the US Government. The Feds promote racism and force society to focus on race when it doesn't need to. We should eliminate race from all laws and forms that the government uses. Maybe if we were not inundated every day with racial statistics we wouldn't focus on race so much.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:06 PM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
But the most racist organization in the world is the US Government. The Feds promote racism and force society to focus on race when it doesn't need to. We should eliminate race from all laws and forms that the government uses. Maybe if we were not inundated every day with racial statistics we wouldn't focus on race so much.
This.

And look how well received Prop 209 was in CA. It's still being protested.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:08 PM

376 posts, read 295,757 times
Why is racism against minorities tolerated by Conservatives? Same reason its tolerated by everyone else on the planet. Minorities suck. I speak for all conservatives. Since I've confirmed once and for all the only answer you want to hear regarding racism and conservatives, can we move on to some other line of dumba$$ question threads just for the sake of variety?

Old 12-04-2013, 02:09 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
As someone on the outside of the Conservative bubble, that's what it looks like to me.

If I'm wrong, then perhaps someone can point me to a time when the Conservative media came out against an act of racism directed at any minority person or group -- Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Middle Easterners, etc...
I'm a conservative and a minority and I don't see any racism tolerated by us. That's something I see tolerated by Liberal Democrats. After all, that is your history. You were the ones against integration and the ending of slavery. Those values have never left the Democratic Party. The problem you have is that conservatives don't give in and pander to race-based nonsense. We take responsibility for ourselves and do not scream racism when we can't get our way.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:19 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
As someone on the outside of the Conservative bubble, that's what it looks like to me.

If I'm wrong, then perhaps someone can point me to a time when the Conservative media came out against an act of racism directed at any minority person or group -- Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Middle Easterners, etc...
I'm shocked, shocked to hear that someone from one end of the political spectrum seems to think that people at the other end are bad and notices their flaws while ignoring those on their own end.

How about former presidential candidate Jesse Jackson Jrs. many comments about jews?

Do you want to hear any Biden quotes?

Do you remember when someone said Obama "speaks well".

Also, for every goober making some jab at moooslims....there are a bunch of lwnj's attacking all Christians with bigoted blanket statements.

Sorry but you sound like some Rushbo ditto head reciting talking points and hopelessly party blinded.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:23 PM

525 posts, read 508,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm shocked, shocked to hear that someone from one end of the political spectrum seems to think that people at the other end are bad and notices their flaws while ignoring those on their own end.

How about former presidential candidate Jesse Jackson Jrs. many comments about jews?

Do you want to hear any Biden quotes?

Do you remember when someone said Obama "speaks well".

Also, for every goober making some jab at moooslims....there are a bunch of lwnj's attacking all Christians with bigoted blanket statements.

Sorry but you sound like some Rushbo ditto head reciting talking points and hopelessly party blinded.
And let us not forget the musings of the perenially homophobic Alec Baldwin and the anti-semite, Yeezus West.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:32 PM

“You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent.” -- Joe Biden

Old 12-04-2013, 02:33 PM

"The white man is our mortal enemy, and we cannot accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the lake of fire prepared for him from the beginning, that he never rise again to give any innocent black man, woman or child the hell that he has delighted in pouring on us for 400 years.” -- Louis Farrakhan

Old 12-04-2013, 02:36 PM

"Let me see one of you adopt one of those ugly black babies." -- Abortionist Ashutosh Ron Virmani

Old 12-04-2013, 02:37 PM

"Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness." -- Mary Frances Berry, former Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies