U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 11:43 AM

10,024 posts, read 10,167,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Martin Bashir evidently didn't even read (or hear) what Palin said, or he overreacted. Palin's certainly not the first person (in or out of the Bible) to equate borrowing or economic precariousness with slavery, and won't be the last. Not all slavery refers to that slavery.

If they fired him for anything, it should have been for his lousy ratings.
Well those who equate real slavery with economic conditions of any kind are just a bunch of complete azzhats. That is precisely what Bashir was alluding to with his crass comment about Palin. HE WAS CORRECTLY POINTING OUT THAT IF SARAH WAS A SLAVE AS SHE CLAIMS TO BE BECAUSE OF GOVERNMENT DEBT THAT SOMEONE COULD AND LIKELY WOULD DEFECATE IN HER MOUTH. SLAVES GOT THAT TREATMENT WHEN THEY OFFENDED THEIR MASTERS IN SOME WAY OR ANOTHER. I don't support what he said in any respect at all but I am not as nearly offended by it as the complete idiocy, garbage, stupidity and just plain crap that comes out of the mouth of Palin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 05:25 PM

203 posts, read 249,345 times
I loved Martin Bashir and am sorry he resigned, but in today's media I understand why he did.

I saw the rant he lambasted Sarah Palin with and while I thought it was harsh, I agreed (I have strong feelings over conservatives invoking slavery into everything when the majority of them have no idea of American history and how harsh slavery was in this country).

I hope he bounces back somewhere else. He's quite a talent.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:08 AM

544 posts, read 503,020 times
OH NO! POOR MARTIN! What is there left for someone after already being at the very low, ghetto MSNBC?

Old 12-08-2013, 01:19 AM

18,677 posts, read 16,479,951 times
[quote=kidkaos2;32494408 Was what Limbaugh said about Fluke comical to you too?

And that's why he should be fired. Not for saying something hurtful about Sarah Palin. For being unprofessional. I have no problems whatsoever if he wants to say nasty things about Palin at a dinner party or at the golf course. But he did it on national television. That's why he should be fired. He has been insulting conservatives for years without any outcry against him. It's not a free speech issue. Maddow and Matthews insult conservatives on a daily basis and nobody calls for their termination. It's the nature of what he said this time. It's an issue of being professional. Of being a civilized human being in public.[/quote]

Bashir via this comment, and Limbaugh via Fluke, were , in both instances, unforgivably unprofessional, and both should have been fired for cause. There is nothing wrong with being critical, as Maddow, Matthews, O'Reilly, and many other hosts are, but being unprofessional crosses the line.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:07 PM

6,420 posts, read 9,138,146 times
This is nothing really Faux Snooze and Rush say worse things than this and all they get is a slap on the wrist nothing more

Old 12-15-2013, 04:11 PM

21,507 posts, read 10,447,063 times
Why do the liberals always have low class words pouring out of their mouths. It is a habit that anything goes with their free speech.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:14 PM

21,507 posts, read 10,447,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy_rox2 View Post
I loved Martin Bashir and am sorry he resigned, but in today's media I understand why he did.

I saw the rant he lambasted Sarah Palin with and while I thought it was harsh, I agreed (I have strong feelings over conservatives invoking slavery into everything when the majority of them have no idea of American history and how harsh slavery was in this country).

I hope he bounces back somewhere else. He's quite a talent.
Get this clear in your head... white slave owners were not every white person in America..

Old 12-15-2013, 06:10 PM

15,990 posts, read 11,015,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
To all you people saying "good, he should have been fired" I would just like to know, how can you call yourself a Conservative? You apparently don't support free speech. What Bashir said was comical to me. Who cares. It showed what an unprofessional dunce he was.
Yes, well the libs collectively are tolerant when one of their guys makes a disparaging remark, however, if some con commentator said what MB did, he would have been the the target of a liberal mob.

MB crossed over from disparaging to unprofessional and disgusting.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:14 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,786,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Why do the liberals always have low class words pouring out of their mouths. It is a habit that anything goes with their free speech.
Liberals have their feces-stained fingerprints all over everything that is tasteless and vile in culture. Then they pretend to be outraged when Limbaugh calls somebody nobody's ever heard of a "sl*t" -- a word which feminazis added to their grrrl power vocab but quickly reverts back to being a bad, bad word no white male named Rush Limbaugh is allowed to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
This is nothing really Faux Snooze and Rush say worse things than this and all they get is a slap on the wrist nothing more
Really? I'd love to see proof of this please, thanks.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:25 PM

15,087 posts, read 11,552,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Oh, you mean like Sarah Palin talking about Obama's balls on Fox News? Kind of like that? I had no idea she was a liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies