Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 09:49 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times

Advertisements

****in' ghouls.

I realize it's attractive to think you're in a category that's way smarter than the rest of the sheeple, but do you really have to pile up kids' corpses to use as a pulpit to preach your gospel of "Look at me, I know what's going on!"?

Old 12-05-2013, 10:29 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Does this forum have an ignore list feature?

I want to pretend that low lives like some of the people on this thread don't exist.
There is an ignore feature, but unfortunately, the ghouls (and their morbid and sick fascination with dead babies and conspiracy theories) will still exist.

My heart breaks for all those parents who lost their babies, and for the family members of the staff who died; every time something like this comes up, it must be like having to relive the nightmare over and over and over.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:47 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Yet another example of (as I've said before) survivors and family members of tragedies making it one of their missions to infringe on the public's freedoms by restricting weapons and curtailing access to records.

The only thing done incorrectly in this case was to wait this long to release what is public information. I noticed that the NBC Nightly News patted themselves on the back for their decision not to air the tapes. So did Matt Lauer this morning after prefacing the statement by saying that if there had been any news in the tapes or any info that might have helped people in the future, they would have released them.

What??

Memo to the blowhards at NBC (and Lauer): We do not need Rehema Ellis, you, or any other NBC staff listening to tapes to discern what, if anything, should be disseminated to the public, and screening that public information for us.

The collective ego of these control freaks is nothing short of stunning.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:56 AM

78,368 posts, read 60,566,039 times
I'm just wondering how fudged in the head someone has to be to claim that it's a giant conspiracy and that thousands and thousands of extended families needed to be faked and that the kids weren't really killed or never really existed based upon pictures of kids off the internet that "kinda" look like them.

Gee, billions of pictures of kids on the internet and if one remotely looks like another....conspiracy!

If it's really a govt. plan you just find some mentally unstable person and put them up to it using drugs\suggestion etc.

OR

You can make an elaborate ruse involving the cooperation of thousands and thousands of paid actors etc.

Honestly, if one of my friends described the second scenario to me I would stop inviting them around to my house and suggest they get help as it's illogically bizarre.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:15 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm just wondering how fudged in the head someone has to be to claim that it's a giant conspiracy and that thousands and thousands of extended families needed to be faked and that the kids weren't really killed or never really existed based upon pictures of kids off the internet that "kinda" look like them.

Gee, billions of pictures of kids on the internet and if one remotely looks like another....conspiracy!

If it's really a govt. plan you just find some mentally unstable person and put them up to it using drugs\suggestion etc.

OR

You can make an elaborate ruse involving the cooperation of thousands and thousands of paid actors etc.

Honestly, if one of my friends described the second scenario to me I would stop inviting them around to my house and suggest they get help as it's illogically bizarre.
These losers don't have any friends, that's why they can spend all day on conspiracy sites and then spread their filth and stupidity here.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:18 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,383 times
People who write off "conspiracy theorists" could at least acknowledge the victims were out of line by lining up to use this event to further a political cause to grab guns, no?

That's the problem I have with them and this whole incident.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:24 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
****in' ghouls.

I realize it's attractive to think you're in a category that's way smarter than the rest of the sheeple, but do you really have to pile up kids' corpses to use as a pulpit to preach your gospel of "Look at me, I know what's going on!"?
Actually, that's not where I'm coming from. I found it very bizarre that they families of all 26 victims were so calm.

When I put myself in that frame of mind, I'd be heart-broken, confused, and angry. These are emotions described by several individuals who have lost loved ones due to someone else's violent stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

OR

The reason I started questioning whether or not this was real was due to the fact that the reaction from the family members of these victims. They were so calm and under control. And when they "cried" tears never fell from their eyes. It was crocodile tears.

And it's not that it's random pictures, it's a group of portraits done by a photographer. How ironic is it that all 20 of the kids look similar to the 20 portraits that this photographer did?

When I initially heard this story, I felt pain and anger. I strongly believe mass shootings like this, Columbine, Batman shootings in Aurora, CO could be prevented.

Columbine: Eric and Dylan wrote several gory and homicidal stories. The blog that Eric kept stated that he was going to kill one of his classmates. They blogged about the pipe bombs and how great it would be to get revenge from their bullies. The authorities knew about it, as well as their parents.

Batman shooting: James Holmes' psychiatrist (who worked at the university) warned those above her of James' homicidal thoughts and the threat to kill her. She was aware that nothing was done, so why didn't she go to the authorities? Or at least get him locked up (until medical treatment can be done) for threatening to kill her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
These losers don't have any friends, that's why they can spend all day on conspiracy sites and then spread their filth and stupidity here.
Like I told Mathguy, the reason I started questioning whether or not this was real was due to the fact that the reaction from the family members of these victims. They were so calm and under control. And when they "cried" tears never fell from their eyes. It was crocodile tears.

Why is it that they ALL reacted the same? Think back to when family members speak out about their loved ones who were violently murdered. They describe the same 3 emotions: confusion, anger, and sadness…

Old 12-05-2013, 11:25 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
People who write off "conspiracy theorists" could at least acknowledge the victims were out of line by lining up to use this event to further a political cause to grab guns, no?

Really?

If I were to lose a family member to something preventable and correctable (say drunk driving), or to lose a child or have a child suffer at the hands of a child molester, I would guarantee that I would be at the forefront of any campaign to prevent it from happening to another family.

There are lots of parents who have become activists after losing a child (Polly Klass' father for one, as well as John Walsh and the mothers who advocated for the Amber Alert and Megan's Law).

I imagine, that for these parents, becoming activists is how they manage to survive a parent's worst nightmare.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:39 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Whether it happened or not - legitimately or not, for that matter - is not the point.

Just prove to me that there will not be fallout in America like that which happened following the shootings in Dunblane, Hungerford and Cumbria.

Sorry, I can't tell the future. FWIW, I see nothing wrong with tighter gun control laws especially in the wake of horrific tragedies like the above. The difference between them and our country? The three you mentioned learned their lesson after the first time. Us? We're like 12 year old adolescents who don't learn.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:41 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:

Out of line??? Why? Should we not seek to improve our society? It is blatantly obvious we have serious issues in this society which leads to these types of shootings. Burying your head in the sand isn't going to change a damn thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies