Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 01:34 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,211,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I'm Pink-freakin'-mani! That's who I am.

And I'm not creating a standard. I'm just pointing out the difference between the way the Sandy Hook parents reacted to the loss of their children and the way other parents reacted. Such as, Elizabeth Smart, Madeline McCann, Trayvon Martin, Jessica Ridgeway, Autumn Pasquale, and Rebecca Sedwick. Their parents were balling, begging and pleading for answers, and angry for what happened to their kiddos.

People can grieve in their own way. It's just odd that all 26 families were calm and when they cried they had crocodile tears.

Thank you! Those Crocodile tears! Same thing with Victoria Soto's siblings.
IIRC the McCanns and the Smarts were put under the same type of scrutiny for being "too vocal", "too unemotional" and "too composed" following their respective tragedies.

How do you know the tears shed were crocodile tears anyway?

Old 12-05-2013, 01:34 PM

77,956 posts, read 60,134,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
People who write off "conspiracy theorists" could at least acknowledge the victims were out of line by lining up to use this event to further a political cause to grab guns, no?

That's the problem I have with them and this whole incident.
See, but that's the psychological motivation of several of the people that have posted about this being a conspiracy. Because some zealots are using the tragedy to push their anti-gun agenda....we have people resorting to extremely bizarre conspiracies contending that it never even happened.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:35 PM

I'd suggest you watch the Katie Couric special on the Sandy Hook parents. No crocodile tears there.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
See, but that's the psychological motivation of several of the people that have posted about this being a conspiracy. Because some zealots are using the tragedy to push their anti-gun agenda....we have people resorting to extremely bizarre conspiracies contending that it never even happened.

Zealots? Anti-gun agenda?

Please give me, chapter and verse, what you are referring to when you say such things.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
This is exactly why people believe there may be a conspiracy.

Like it or not.

Personally I have a SERIOUS problem with this people using this event to grab guns. In fact I am disgusted that they have done so.
Yeah, Ronald Reagan staged his own near assassination to push for gun control as well?

No one is arguing that people aren't using tragedies to try to advance thier agenda.

While it's a scummy move, they don't look half as bad as the crackpots that claim it never happened as some sort of knee-jerk defense.

I mean dear god...scouring the internet for "sorta looks like" photos of little kids? That's batsh*t crazy bud and I'm a born and raised shooter and was admiring my fathers newly purchased guns over thanksgiving. He has a couple dozen.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:41 PM

Why is using an event to effect change a "scummy move"??? WOW.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Zealots? Anti-gun agenda?

Please give me, chapter and verse, what you are referring to when you say such things.
Within the wide range of people that would like additional gun legislation you have a wide gambit of opinions on the topic. I'm referring to the more extreme faction that would point to an incident like Sandy Hook and call for a complete gun ban.

No different than the pro-gun people where you have an extreme faction that would want to own RPG's and lace their property with landmines.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:46 PM

13,507 posts, read 16,984,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, Ronald Reagan staged his own near assassination to push for gun control as well?

No one is arguing that people aren't using tragedies to try to advance thier agenda.

While it's a scummy move, they don't look half as bad as the crackpots that claim it never happened as some sort of knee-jerk defense.

I mean dear god...scouring the internet for "sorta looks like" photos of little kids? That's batsh*t crazy bud and I'm a born and raised shooter and was admiring my fathers newly purchased guns over thanksgiving. He has a couple dozen.
I think we're beyond "crazy" and on to psychotic.

I have to wonder if some people posting here are themselves dangerous, as they are so far removed from reality and so myopically focused on guns. What kind of person has this obsession, other than someone who is pathetic and powerless? The danger comes when they seek to change the way the world views them or how they view themselves by taking action..and since all that they know and respect are guns...well, what other tools do they have? They're so socially inept and limited intellectually that they have little else they can do to make a big splash

Old 12-05-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why is using an event to effect change a "scummy move"??? WOW.
It's how you use the event. Derp.

You like to hang outside abortion clinics making gals run a gauntlet of dead fetus pictures or would you just call that using events to effect change?

I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that actions taken with causes you agree with are righteous crusades to effect change while others would be viewed um....differently.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:49 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,376,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I think we're beyond "crazy" and on to psychotic.

I have to wonder if some people posting here are themselves dangerous, as they are so far removed from reality and so myopically focused on guns. What kind of person has this obsession, other than someone who is pathetic and powerless? The danger comes when they seek to change the way the world views them or how they view themselves by taking action..and since all that they know and respect are guns...well, what other tools do they have? They're so socially inept and limited intellectually that they have little else they can do to make a big splash
This sort of condescending and smarmy attitude by your side will never get you anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies