Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 11:52 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Heatwaves will be lethal and the sea level will rise, leaving coastal towns at risk of being swamped by storm surges.
So, what idiot was dumb enough to built cities on the shore-lines?

Where do the Liberal Obsessive Compulsive Control Freaks get the idea that they control the sea levels in the first place?

When this Inter-Glacial Period ends, it won't matter anyway.

What's interesting is the number of people who are too stupid to understand that temperatures rise during an Inter-Glacial Period, because, you know, it's an Inter-Glacial Period.

Inter-glacially....

Mircea

Old 12-11-2013, 12:25 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
How are those governments "combating" global warming (now known as "climate change")?
Germany says Climate change is a growing threat to world peace, and they recently used solar power to supply 50% of the nation's midday electricity needs.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/23/wo...1580.html?_r=0
Last Weekend, Half of Germany Was Running on Solar Power : TreeHugger

They say China is taking a Leading Role in Solving Climate Change.
https://skepticalscience.com/china-l...solutions.html

Russia is desperately trying to find solutions to global warming.
Russia knows how to prevent global warming - academic | Russia | RIA Novosti

France is using a conservative approach to combat global warming (they are raising taxes to kill carbon emissions.)
France's solution to global warming? Tax citizens on the CO2 they produce - DailyFinance

In South American countries,

Mexico is already getting ready for the effects of global warming.
Mexico Seeks to Adapt to Climate Change and Mitigate its Effects

Brazil is conserving forests to stop global warming.
Brazil: Conserving forests to stop climate change | Environmental Defense Fund

Venezuela is becoming a key player in combating global warming.
Venezuelan Scientists Tackle Climate Change | Venezuela World

Like I said every country and government on this planet is doing something about global warming (except for Americas republican party.)

Old 12-11-2013, 12:46 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
government is not the answer to the problem, government IS the problem. governments lie to the people they govern, witness obama since he started campaigning for elected office, along with every other politician. even government employees cant be trusted, so what makes you think that somehow the government, and government sponsored agencies can suddenly be trusted on global climate change? "the government lies about everything!!" what about climate change?" "of that they tell the truth about." it doesnt follow.
Government is the solution to most problems.

When early Americans needed highways our government built highways, along with street lights, stop lights, and stop signs.

When early American senior citizens were living in poverty the government gave them Social Security.

When forests, buffalo, fish species, ex.ex. started to disappear, our government passed laws to save them.

Without the government US businesses would be selling you food from China, the government passed laws that labels must be put on food.

Or look at it this way without the FDA you would be taking medicines that would kill you.

Without the EPA America would be a polluted cancer causing wasteland.

(I could keep posting about good things government has done for hours.)

Government is not the problem. The problem is you need $950 million dollars in campaign money to become president, and this stops regular Americans from being our leaders. Large corporations give our politicians the money, and (both) parties have been made stupid by the money.

Last edited by chad3; 12-11-2013 at 12:56 AM..

Old 12-11-2013, 01:48 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
97% of 1000? 97% of 3000?
The "97%" number being tossed around by the AGW scammers comes from a University of Illinois online survey that only asked two questions. The university researchers solicited 10,257 earth scientists. Only 77 chose to answer the anonymous online survey. Of those 77, 75 agreed that man-kind contributed significantly to global warming. Thus you have your "97%" consensus among earth scientists.

It is no different from the IPCC scam in 2007 when they claimed that they had the consensus of 2,500 climate scientists. However, soon after it was discovered that the actual number of scientists who actually agreed with the report contents was only 25.

How many times are they going to try to pull the exact same scam?

What do they call some one who repeats the same thing over and over yet expects different results? Einstein may have considered them "insane," but I consider them the perfect candidate for the Village Idiot.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:13 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
So at the website referenced earlier they state that the average CO2 concentration has been about 300ppm for about 10 million years. But the temps have fluctuated by as much as 5C.

Something doesn't add up. What caused the swings?
Until recently, CO2 levels have been below 400 ppm for the last 2.588 million years. Which just so happens to coincide with the beginning of the current ice age. When there was no ice at either pole CO2 levels were considerably higher.

As I am sure you are aware, CO2 is a required element for life. Too little and photosynthesis stops, and all life more complex than bacteria dies shortly thereafter. The concern should not be about how much CO2 is in the atmosphere, but rather how little. Ideally plants thrive when CO2 concentrations are between 800 ppm and 1,200 ppm.

CO2 does not begin to become harmful to humans until you get up to 3%, or 30,000 ppm concentrations. Office buildings have between 600 ppm and 800 ppm of CO2 already, and a small crowded conference room can exceed 900 ppm of CO2. So 400 ppm concentrations of CO2 globally is not a health concern to humans or other critters, and actually is beneficial for plant life.

A gradually warmer global climate means we will have to make adjustments in the future. However, increasing temperatures and CO2 levels will ultimately mean that we can increase the carrying capacity of the planet using our current level of technology.

A gradually cooling global climate means less arable land and a much lower carrying capacity. We will either have to use technology to compensate for that loss of carrying capacity, or tens of millions will die. It is always during these cooling cycles that disease and famine become commonplace.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:22 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
the earth heats periodically and cools periodically.

That's what is going on.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The governments of Germany, China, Russia, France, South America, (and every other country on Earth) are combating global warming.

Every country and government on this planet is combating global warming (except for Americas republicans.)
How?

By wasting money?

Old 12-11-2013, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Government is the solution to most problems.

When early Americans needed highways our government built highways, along with street lights, stop lights, and stop signs.

When early American senior citizens were living in poverty the government gave them Social Security.

When forests, buffalo, fish species, ex.ex. started to disappear, our government passed laws to save them.

Without the government US businesses would be selling you food from China, the government passed laws that labels must be put on food.

Or look at it this way without the FDA you would be taking medicines that would kill you.

Without the EPA America would be a polluted cancer causing wasteland.

(I could keep posting about good things government has done for hours.)

Government is not the problem. The problem is you need $950 million dollars in campaign money to become president, and this stops regular Americans from being our leaders. Large corporations give our politicians the money, and (both) parties have been made stupid by the money.
Uh, it stopped warming 15 years ago. getting colder, you can stop wasting money.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:57 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Just live life. Sad thing is liberals try and tell us we have to pay for being alive. Liberals should be shipped off to their own country to do well. Hell it would be cheaper to just pay for em all to go to another country and we can even give em some foreign aid. They are so lost it's getting scary. All that "green" money wasted in the stimulus could have been better spent sending libs off..
As Libs are the majority and dont really have a problem i think logistically it would be better if the repubs left for this country you envision. just think of the benefits of living in a place with no taxes,no government,no libs etc, sounds like it could be your paradise.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As Libs are the majority and dont really have a problem i think logistically it would be better if the repubs left for this country you envision. just think of the benefits of living in a place with no taxes,no government,no libs etc, sounds like it could be your paradise.
If liberals promise to stay out. They have a disconcerting habit of leaving a liberal paradise after it gets too expensive to go someplace else and screw it up.

I lived in New Mexico for a while and held a Title III firearms license. So I was always function testing some machinegun that I was selling. Two people from California rented a house a half mile from where I lived and called the law on me because I was always shooting. Deputy shows at my house and joins in with me. Liberals then come to my house demanding I stop. I told them leave as they were trespassing after the Deputy told them what I was doing is legal. I said to leave and move back to CA and take their stupid ideals with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies