U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 11:50 PM

37,072 posts, read 38,342,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post

Denier land: How deniers view global warming - YouTube

The video is about 2 1/2 minutes long and presents graphs of global warming and other graphs on how the deniers that CO2 is driving man-made global warming, attempt to distort the facts. Then it adds graphs with demonstrating how CO2 correlates to the warming. A clear picture of how deniers attempt to misrepresent reality.
What does this have to do with definition of cyclical?

Old 12-13-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, I can't leave this alone. Tell me, O learned one, how many times the pattern repeats? How many times does it reach the low? The high?
It's a 2 cycle pattern.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
They don't represent the exact same data. One is a measure of sea level, and shows a constant slope (in this case, rate of increaase). The other represents the slope (rate of increase), and as you can see, it's constant. If they were the same, both would represent meters/year. They don't. The top one is in meters, the bottom one in meters/year.

You don't know how to read a graph.
Yes it is the same exact data represented in two different ways and I'm quite familiar with graph. The flat line is the overall mean and this is where people misinterpret it but that is why I used it becsue it has flat line like the graphs you used.

It would have been better represented if they had sloped it to show the rise. This following overlay is to help you better understand what you are looking at, only the years are scaled properly. I haven't taken the time to scale the meters correctly.

Lightbulb moment?
Attached Thumbnails
New York Post: Global Warming 'Proof' Is Evaporating-untitled-1.gif  

Last edited by thecoalman; 12-14-2013 at 12:18 AM..

Old 12-14-2013, 12:12 AM

19,920 posts, read 10,582,672 times
The Sun emits all sorts of microwave radiation, waves that science is still trying to understand. These waves have a profound effect on the liquid magma core of the Earth and THAT has more to do with the Earth's temps than anything.

Humans, little insignificant apes living on the surface have very little to do with anything.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Still trying to deflect from the fact that you were wrong when you claimed the Doran study was the ONLY one which directly polled scientists?
I'm still waiting for reference to any specific study that has. Surely you can produce one?

Old 12-14-2013, 07:22 AM

17,850 posts, read 19,611,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Sun emits all sorts of microwave radiation, waves that science is still trying to understand. These waves have a profound effect on the liquid magma core of the Earth and THAT has more to do with the Earth's temps than anything.

Humans, little insignificant apes living on the surface have very little to do with anything.
Sorry, that just is not going to happen. Thanks to Earth's strong magnetic field, the charged particles emitted by the sun, and cosmic rays from other stars, only very rarely reach the surface of the planet. The overwhelming majority of the charged particles are stopped more than 400 miles above the surface of the planet. It would have to be an extremely strong coronal mass ejection, on the same order of the 1859 event when the Aurora Borealis was visible as far south as Rome.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:55 AM

17,853 posts, read 11,763,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Everything I posted about the Doran survery was absolutely true. Out of the 10,257 earth scientists asked to participate, only 77 actually responded. Of those 77, 75 claimed that humans significantly contributed to global warming.
Where are you getting this nonsense? You clearly have never looked at the original published article. Have a look:

http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdf

3146 earth scientists responded and completed the survey, not 77 as you claimed.
9 questions were asked, not 2 as you claimed.
The respondents were not anonymous as you claimed.
The Doran study is not the ONLY study that showed a majority consensus as you claimed.

Quote:
I realize this factual information exposes your lies about a "97%" consensus, but that is what happens when you fabricate complete nonsense in a vain attempt to push your fascist Marxist agenda.
The factual information exposes you as either a liar or a gullible fool who believes everything they read on a denialist blog. Or both.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:00 AM

17,853 posts, read 11,763,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'm still waiting for reference to any specific study that has. Surely you can produce one?
I produced several. Referenced in the link I provided. You just refused to read a couple of paragraphs where you could have informed yourself. Is that because you don't want to admit you were wrong?

Old 12-14-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I produced several.
You produced a link to a page, again which study on that page directly polled scientists? Anyone, just pick one.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:04 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,615,636 times
Quote:
Sorry, that just is not going to happen. Thanks to Earth's strong magnetic field, the charged particles emitted by the sun, and cosmic rays from other stars, only very rarely reach the surface of the planet. The overwhelming majority of the charged particles are stopped more than 400 miles above the surface of the planet. It would have to be an extremely strong coronal mass ejection, on the same order of the 1859 event when the Aurora Borealis was visible as far south as Rome.

While I don't agree with Pullmyfinger's "causality", the earth's magnetic field has been decreasing since the 1980s.
Thankfully, European Space Agency has launched Swarm to study the phenomenon:

ESAís Swarm trio on its way to watch over our planetís magnetic shield
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or