U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 07:15 PM

21,594 posts, read 10,829,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Chris Matthews' interview of the President is not an interview. Its a fireside chat, complete with hot chocolate and room full of mesmerized drooling college students.

What a ****ing wasted opportunity for Chris Matthews!
Chris Matthews has removed all doubt a long time ago that he is a complete dunderhead and is not smarter than a fifth grader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 08:44 PM

11,765 posts, read 17,187,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We all know there are problems with the Obamacare law. I wonder how it can be fixed if Democrats refuse to admit they are wrong about anything.

Oh and saying that it will help the majority of Americans?

Welcome to Airways 123, this is your flight attendant, thank you for flying with us. 80% of you will arrive safely.
"Funny" you said that. Japan Airlines 123 crashed and killed like almost everybody on board ( 520 passengers ) in 1985.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:30 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,275,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There's no problem. It's just dumb.

It's snowing in the US tonight; let's blame Obama.
If its dumb, then blame Obama and Matthews. What I said is exactly what transpired. Look it up.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:38 PM

27,680 posts, read 15,286,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If its dumb, then blame Obama and Matthews. What I said is exactly what transpired. Look it up.
Complaining about it is dumb. That is exactly what I said.

I can no longer listen to conservatives whine and complain; I cannot take anything you say seriously.

I'm not alone, you know. Attended a dinner party the other night where plenty of people said they were sick and tired of hearing about how Obamacare will be the end of the world. And these were not Democrats. They simply want it to play out now; see how it works; and THEN complain/tweak/dismantle, whatever. The conservative rhetoric is simply over the top and people are burned out listening to it.

People are simply tired of hearing the incessant whining/sky is falling mentality. This thread is another example.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:56 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,275,870 times
Quote:
Complaining about it is dumb. That is exactly what I said.

I can no longer listen to conservatives whine and complain; I cannot take anything you say seriously.

I'm not alone, you know. Attended a dinner party the other night where plenty of people said they were sick and tired of hearing about how Obamacare will be the end of the world. And these were not Democrats. They simply want it to play out now; see how it works; and THEN complain/tweak/dismantle, whatever. The conservative rhetoric is simply over the top and people are burned out listening to it.

People are simply tired of hearing the incessant whining/sky is falling mentality. This thread is another example.
You can't handle the truth. That's what its all about. It bothers you that you can't in good faith defend this President, so you take your ball and go home. I don't blame you. Its not fun when someone says "I told you so" is it? lol

Old 12-07-2013, 04:42 AM

13,538 posts, read 14,554,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I think I see a puddle forming at Matthews feet.
Looked like he was pitchin' a tent, too.

Tingles can do that, I guess.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:37 AM

69,728 posts, read 80,076,960 times
Quote:
There's no problem. It's just dumb.

It's snowing in the US tonight; let's blame Obama.
geeze, it is ok to blame W for everything, even 5 years later, but don't blame Obama; what am I not understanding here?

Old 12-07-2013, 07:29 AM

10,925 posts, read 5,177,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Well, some good did come from the interview.

1. Obama admitted that the government is so inefficient, outdated, and bloated that it can't even manage to put up a working website. Hopefully we will see those sound bites running in the next few election cycles.

2. HuffPo and WaPo both called out Matthews (and by extension Obama) for screwing the dancers. HuffPo actually said Matthews "ruined" the little girls' Christmases.
Chris Matthews Ruins Young Ballerinas' Christmases With Obama Interview
So will the media report that our president is part of the "War on Ballet"?

Old 12-07-2013, 08:08 AM

334 posts, read 573,147 times
WORST Presidential Interview EVER!

The worst Presidential interview ever for the worst President in living memory. It has symmetry at least.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:24 AM

54,746 posts, read 38,658,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I think I see a puddle forming at Matthews feet.
I think I wouldn't waste my time watching any biased 'pundit' interview any politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies