U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 09:17 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,017,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Let me guess. This person is a Democrat.
Most likely a progressive liberal Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 09:21 PM

8,152 posts, read 11,897,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Man, talk about deja vu! I swear I've heard this kind of crap before.

Oh yeah, here it is!

Hitler on Jews and Christ (Mein Kampf in English) - YouTube

Same BS psychopath rhetoric, different day.
Sick person.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:26 PM

2,262 posts, read 2,695,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Have the attacks on people all been Jewish?
They've generally been black teenagers attacking older white people. These gutless cowards try to knock people out in a surprise attack.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:28 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,831,620 times
Im assuming this councilwoman is black because only a black person could get away with saying such inflammatory and racist things. I wonder how long blacks will be a special, protected class in America. Such insanity doesn't seem sustainable.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:29 PM

7,541 posts, read 3,879,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Sick person.
I know, right?

Old 12-05-2013, 09:38 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,186,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Have the attacks on people all been Jewish?
No, in fact many attacks have not been against Jews. These thugs surely can't distinguish Jews from non-Jews in most cases. They just see an easy white target in most cases. The Jews in that area however have been effective in launching a media campaign to bring publicity to the attacks specifically in their neighborhoods, something other people in other neighborhoods should likely copy.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:50 PM

2,203 posts, read 4,008,198 times
This woman is an example of race baiter filth. No surprise.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:52 PM

46,054 posts, read 28,316,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
No, in fact many attacks have not been against Jews. These thugs surely can't distinguish Jews from non-Jews in most cases. They just see an easy white target in most cases. The Jews in that area however have been effective in launching a media campaign to bring publicity to the attacks specifically in their neighborhoods, something other people in other neighborhoods should likely copy.
Then if they aren't specifically targeting Jews, then this would be a pointless comment for someone to make. Obviously this councilwoman is stuck in the 90s when there were serious tensions between the Jews and Dominicans (I believe, though I could be incorrect, I don't remember that chunk of city history all that well off the top of my head.)

Old 12-05-2013, 09:52 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,770,769 times
I really don't want to believe that humans would say such a stupid thing. I have never met a person who thinks that way. Where are people like that located?

Old 12-05-2013, 09:54 PM

3,188 posts, read 2,820,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Don't know Brooklyn that well?

The Jews in Crown Heights are not "normal" Jews but are Hasidim, who dress and look very distinct (on the men black suits all year round, hats always, long sideburns -- the women are less uniformed but can be recognized on sight very easily too -- white blouses, long black skirts, etc.). You can totally tell Hasidim from non-Hasidim, and that's who is being targeted for the most part.

The black community in Crown Heights has a long history of crime against the Jewish/Hasid community there including a really nasty riot. Granted the "knockout game" is a wider phenomenon with whites as a whole being the targets, but in Crown Heights there is definitely an anti-semitic element as well.

Granted the councilwoman should be put up against the proverbial (literal is too much to hope for) wall for trying to justify this kind of barbarity, but it is true that there is a lot of resentment of the Jewish community because the Hasidim have a ton of kids and are thus constantly expanding and putting pressure on neighboring populations of renters as a result. Same thing happens in other areas: Borough Park pushing into Midwood (people are probably least aware of that one since the people being displaced are Russian & less observant Jews who are dying out or leaving anyway as the Hasidim move in), South Williamsburg building up and pressing against its edges, Crown heights ditto. Of course, in the other areas people don't respond with random violence against innocent people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies