Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Administration is most responsible for Income Inequality?
Politicians in DC and thier policies are actually not responsible for the shape of this country, it's a strawman and is up to the individual. 5 10.20%
Politicians in DC are responsible but are blameless when they rejoin back into a large corporation or bank. 2 4.08%
Puppet Barack Obama and Wall Street since QE and Bailouts occured on his watch. 22 44.90%
Ronald Reagan and Trickle Down Economics Policies. 24 48.98%
I don't care and this topic needs to die since my stocks are going through the roof. 3 6.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 08:01 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Some surgeon had to be last in his class. You may be better off with the burger flipper in some cases.

Ask my buddy who has had three hip replacements on the same leg.
This is just not true. Anyone who was given a residency spot in surgery was at the top of their class and had top boards scores. Of course, there have to be people at the bottom of the residency class, but now you are talking about the bottom of the top medical students.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 08:17 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
You have no idea what the Federal Reserve does or how it functions. The Federal Reserve kept millions of middle class workers employed that would have just been collateral from the recession.

Also, why the hell should banks pay you interest? You aren't helping the economy buy having it sit in a bank vault. That's why money has to be invested in something.
They should pay interest because that money is NOT just sitting in a vault.

They rent it to other people....and make a profit on it.

One reason I pulled out of banks was because of the low interest rates.

I was not willing to keep letting them use my money for a very cheap fee.

They other reason was Obama.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:34 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Opin, the Fed has no capability to create jobs. It cannot stimulate investment in new plant and equipment, which drives the economy and gives workers the growing incomes to increase their consumption. I am done with further discussions with you as you insult rather than discuss.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:37 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Opin, you are the one who has no idea how the Fed works. The Fed has no capability to create jobs. It cannot stimulate investment in new plant and equipment, which drives the economy and gives workers the growing incomes to increase their consumption. I am done with your antagonism as you insult rather than discuss.
..... sigh.

Read up on the basics.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:04 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
Obama and the FEDs QE and bailouts have caused a massive level of inequality. We have never seen anything like this before. Libs are in denial that Obama did the opposite of his class warfare talk on thr campaign trail.

That being said, I believe establishment Reps wouldn't have done anything different. The only politicians who wouldn't have gone for the bailouts are the ones we are told are too extreme, hard leftists like Bernie Saunders and the tea party on the far right. The politician anywhere near the mainstream would have made the same exact "extrordinary choices" Obama made that directly caused the shocking levels of inequality we see today.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
It started when JFK didn't follow orders and got assassinated.
LBJ came into office and did everything that JFK refused to do.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:04 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Income. Inequality is a made up problem for liberals to "solve".

Old 07-09-2014, 08:17 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Thank you. I just get so tired of hearing folks say 'go to school'or 'keep working harder and you'll get there' like those things really help anymore. Now don't get me wrong, I did work super crazy to get up where I am, but I also had to gain favor with the current DM, plus the regional, then some other higher ups before I got considered to be in 'the circle'. I went straight from store manager to district manager as soon as she decided she was stepping down. Of course I had done training so I would be able to start doing the job, but you really should technically become a store training manager, DM candidate or both before you get into official training. The thing is, they weren't very professional on training and do basically whatever they want when it comes to training you. I'm a very handsome on person, so luckily I was always good since I researched for myself, but still. It's horrible IMO when one part of the equation is more important than the other, and I certainly did get the feeling that corporate considered themselves better than the ones responsible for every penny of their money.

I think what corporate America needs to remember is they have two bosses. The ones who make their money for them, and the ones doing the purchasing
(LOL, took me a minute, but your typo confused me, you meant hands on, correct?)

This mentality is the normal result of being immersed in such a system. Boss is not the right word imo. Since this can be divisive terminology. The single focus on ever increasing profits encourages such behaviors as doling of technology and built-in obsolescence, as well as other behaviors.

To get down to basics. One either sees themselves as separate or part of the whole. One model is built on scarcity and control. The other on abundance and prosperity. One exclusive, the other inclusive. One can have limited, mechanistic models or more natural holistic models. In designing a model it is important to think about what one wants as an outcome. Remember, the desire to control is rooted in fear.

Open source models are being applied all over the planet, as we speak. These have proven superior to closed models. OS lends itself to transparency and individual accountability. If one wants to make something grow exponentially, over night, simply give it away or share it. This is a balanced, sustainable model.

Open source models and the internet, as an example, are common very successful models that are not about hierarchy or control; central control being the epitome here. Their strengths are in lack of that. They allow for an unlimited amount of individuals to contribute and access that wouldn't otherwise be available. This makes light work, creates redundancy, diversity, efficiency and quick robust changes. Not to mention amazing creativity and frankly far more joy. The end product benefits a much larger group of people, as well.

It is very important that people do their own research and thinking. Learning how to think and not what to think is very useful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies