U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 08:57 AM

5,098 posts, read 4,134,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Never understand this argument when it comes to African Americans because for the most part, our vote doesnt matter to this argument.

Most African Americans live in the South, There for, more African Americans are subjected to Republican policies, not Democratic.

Its your policies that we have lived by, it is your policies that dont work.

Unless you are first generation African that has imigrated to America, you are American. The correct term is "black" if you want to use race as a label.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 09:35 AM

6,473 posts, read 2,281,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Many people on the left and right have a loose definition of what racism is. Your statement applies to both sides.
Maybe so, but as a rule, Conservative politicians don't shout accusations of racism from the rooftops the way Liberals do.

But like the saying goes:
When your only weapon is a hammer, everything looks like a nail....

Old 12-06-2013, 09:39 AM

46,054 posts, read 28,333,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Maybe so, but as a rule, Conservative politicians don't shout accusations of racism from the rooftops the way Liberals do.

Yes and Republicans love to sweep anything that looks remotely racist under the nearest rug. Again, you can blame Democrats and liberals all you want, but the Republicans don't get off the hook because you are willing to over look their racial flaws.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:42 AM

21,802 posts, read 10,652,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Unless you are first generation African that has imigrated to America, you are American. The correct term is "black" if you want to use race as a label.
says who ?? And i like how you decided to address my terminology and not the context of my comment.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post

But saying they shout it is not the same as saying they wrongly shout it.

I fully understand that the right does not like to talk about racism, but it does happen and it seems many on your side would rather sweep it under the rug than talk about it.

I mean even when it clearly happens and this forum has plenty of threads to back up my point, the immediate response is " no one condones this, move on already". And in some cases, it is still denied by many on your side.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:50 AM

5,098 posts, read 4,134,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
says who ?? And i like how you decided to address my terminology and not the context of my comment.

Maybe you should expand on some of those "policies" that exist in the south that don't work for blacks, but do work for whites? I assume that all people are equal under the law.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Maybe you should expand on some of those "policies" that exist in the south that don't work for blacks, but do work for whites? I assume that all people are equal under the law.
The OP and consequent respondents are the ones who said the policies dont work, he was just trying to attack Dems and not Republicans.

If you believe the policies do work, regardless of who is governing the population, then your fight should be with them, not me.

so i look forward to your response to them.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:57 AM

4,839 posts, read 3,432,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
The best way to keep the people enslaved is to keep them stupid and oblivious. Just keep feeding them the same lines and they will live by it.
Hence, the conservative disdain for education.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:03 AM

2,086 posts, read 1,314,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes and Republicans love to sweep anything that looks remotely racist under the nearest rug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251
your side would rather sweep it under the rug than talk about it.
Liberals don't sweep racism under the rug?

They're absolutely guilty of this. Racist comments made about Black Conservatives seem to always get a pass. They're treated like 'traitors' for not voting or acting 'how they're expected to' or they're accused of being puppets for rich White Republicans, both of which are horribly racist.

Herman Cain, Allen West, Mia Love, Stacey Dash, etc. each recently experienced great amounts of hatred for their political beliefs, but for some reason it's not considered racism to call someone an Uncle Tom. These incidents are quickly forgotten or flat-out ignored because it's politically inconvenient for the party of tolerance to so openly display their hatred for those who don't agree with them.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:05 AM

3,624 posts, read 2,970,410 times
anyone notice how conservatives always pretend racism doesnt exist, yet we have conservatives slandering mandela in another thread, conservatives not saying anything about white cops mocking blacks on camera, and conservatives not saying anything about the miami garden white cops arresting a black man 258 times for trespassing at his place of employment

conservatives sweep racism under the rug because the true conservative base are white males who dont like black people. you cant fight racism and be a conservative anymore. you never see conservatives say that racism is wrong.

these same whites whine about tsa, yet champion stop and frisk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies