U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote for most to blame!
Bush admin.. and the legis.. 13 14.61%
Obama admin.. and the legis.. 18 20.22%
Clinton admin.. and the legis.. 3 3.37%
Big Businesses Best Buddy's with Big Gov 6 6.74%
Crazy Exp.. / Reckless Gov Creations 3 3.37%
Value Combo of 1 and 4 7 7.87%
Value Combo of 1 and 4 and 5 0 0%
Value Combo of 2 (and/or 3) and 4 3 3.37%
Value Combo of 2 (and/or 3) and 5 3 3.37%
Value Combo of 2 and (and/or 3) and 4 and 5 4 4.49%
ALL OF THEM 12 13.48%
OTHER (comment why you chose other in this thread) 17 19.10%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 05:13 AM

70 posts, read 53,240 times

Advertisements

I would say Other plus maybe Bush. Most of things done by all presidents were probably necessary to keep the system going, some were probably really bad decisions regardless of their intent. Now, I can't say I know much about Bush regarding domestic/economic policies because I'm not from there, but what if this guy is right about Bush's administration:

Bill Maher New Rule From Elites to Jesus - YouTube

I understand Bill Maher can be seen as anti GOP biased or even pro Democrat, but I hope you can judge and confirm (or not) what he is saying and not how some of you may judge this guy.

P.S. BTW, I'm not a fan of the current system, even if I sound apologetic about US presidents which I'm really not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 05:37 AM

650 posts, read 425,240 times
you cannot have a system which supposed moderate thinking styles

work

with what can be NOTHING but a consequence of the chief objective.

so you got what you wanted, greed greed greed, with greed comes liars.

Greed was the objective

no ?

well then what is missing from your answer with respects to the objective ?

simple :

as said from the outset,

the system from the get go assumed a moderate sht

so it will not work ! the individual is soooo greedy on the do rae mi that it is now impossible.

the constitution won't work ..ok, not with a country full of asset portfolio bonker head's !

no way

how could everyone be such a fred flintstone , its everyone , right from the bus driver trying to rip off a load of do rae mi for his house that two educated pro's can't even buy...say two new 80 thou paying jobs, min wage also ..

to complain about what was intentionally designed out to grab and go , will not work.

the generation has fully broken its contract with the next

this is it barney, the fruits of the constitution, right in time with the brain dead media ( all of them)

the problem is man's greed was not factored in.

want proof ?

a country cannot for example but not the issue, pay a guy to hit a ball 1 billion dollars and expect everything to go ok...see the freaky dumbo thinking in the culture ? whatta need to wake yuh all up ?

blah blah blah and I notice that twirpy sad excuse whats his name in the clip up there....blah blah blah. what a role model , me and the guys in the younger years would of sized that freaky little low level neanderthal mistake out in two seconds, get the dumby in a game of cards and be done with it. This culture cannot distinguish zombies and yah all complain about the coppers ...ya that's it ...they can't tell the difference between good and bad...grade two stuff sheesh.

Last edited by alexcanter; 12-07-2013 at 06:00 AM..

Old 12-07-2013, 05:50 AM

25,393 posts, read 29,774,548 times
I said other. We are. We demanded cheap goods so manufacturing shipped off to China and Mexico where labor is cheap. That resulted in job loss and the rest is history. All one need do is look at how big Walmart is to realize we're doing this to ourselves. Our demand for the cheapest products is doing us in. Unfortunately, this is now too late to fix so you might as well buy the cheap goods made in China. The economy we have is the economy we'll keep because we'd rather buy cheap and disposable than make do or pay a bit more.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:31 AM

1,913 posts, read 2,439,463 times
Lack of regulation in the financial sector, excess top level greed, "buying cheap" from other countries, manufacturing decline, crap governments, out of touch politicians, excessive military spending and world policing and outsourcing.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:37 AM

6,698 posts, read 7,378,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I guess you and your kind have been screwed for quite a while with that attitude. Meanwhile the rest of us have created a robust society that forges onward.
Our economy isn't robust, it's being propped up by straw legs.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:53 AM

8,306 posts, read 3,479,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Our economy isn't robust, it's being propped up by straw legs.
Due to the flexibility of our varied economic supportive systems, our resilient economy is again on the road to being robust. Even at the time of the 2008 crash much of the world still moved to USD based assets for safety. And as of today even more transactions in the world are USD based than ever.

Jeffrey Frankel argues that the dollar's status as the world's top international currency is not in jeopardy. - Project Syndicate

There is simply no other viable choice for the bulk of modern economic world of today. Maybe the Yuan over long term. But can't happen soon.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:02 AM

15,863 posts, read 8,463,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
We citizens are responsible. We hold no one accountable anymore.
Exactly.

We let politicians get away with failing if they are in our party. The end result is that BOTH parties are failing.

Look at Obama, he ran as the anti-Bush and his supporters chanted and fainted over it. How has he governed? He has out Bushed Bush on most issues and lied and broke promises left and right...his supporters are? Silent. They are fine with this country failing so long as their guy doesn't get criticism.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:05 AM

15,863 posts, read 8,463,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAdragon View Post
I would say Other plus maybe Bush. Most of things done by all presidents were probably necessary to keep the system going, some were probably really bad decisions regardless of their intent. Now, I can't say I know much about Bush regarding domestic/economic policies because I'm not from there, but what if this guy is right about Bush's administration:

Bill Maher New Rule From Elites to Jesus - YouTube

I understand Bill Maher can be seen as anti GOP biased or even pro Democrat, but I hope you can judge and confirm (or not) what he is saying and not how some of you may judge this guy.

P.S. BTW, I'm not a fan of the current system, even if I sound apologetic about US presidents which I'm really not.
Bush was awful. So is Obama. So was Clinton. Clinton damaged the economy severely and Bush was incapable of fixing it and now Obama is.

Bill Clinton Presidency = Poor Economic Management

Old 12-07-2013, 10:09 AM

22,947 posts, read 21,540,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
It's a number of things and this list is in no way "all-encompassing." The first three are the biggies, IMO.

1). Lack of regulation of the shadow banking sector is huge...particularly on CDO's and Credit Default Swaps.
2). Bad regulation and cumbersome regulation in other areas. Primarily those that inhibit entrepreneurs. (Dodd Frank, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
3). ACA
4). TARP
5). Affordable Housing Policies
6). Healthcare cost inflation.
7). EPA
8). Too Big to Fail Banks and subsidized losses.

And many many more. It's naive to blame Bush, Clinton, or Obama solely....this is a joint effort.
Agreed <bold>. It's funny, those that voted entirely Bush or Obama, no partisanship there.... nope none at all.
There's NO WAY one administration could get us this deep in the hole we're now in. Many have hand their hands on the shovels that dug it.
The question should be when will they STOP digging in the mistaken belief that it will get us out of it?
It seems to be true, it takes a village of idiots to keep doing the same disastrous things over and over expecting different results.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:17 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,850,752 times
Who/What is most responsible for our terrible economy?

In the beginning - IMO, the affordable housing policies (CRA) and all that followed to "make it happen" led the financial industry to the gambling (slaughter) table. (If we have to take some losers, how can we make winners out of them = mortgage backed securities, etc) And there were no 'adults in the room' to call foul. So you got magic-house money everywhere = bubble.

But now, I blame the government and voters - for wanting even more Magic Money -- for even more programs, education (it's for the children), healthcare, bail-outs, etc, etc. The list is long!

Yet, we sit by and watch a foundation of our economy --- energy/fuel prices "necessarily sky-rocket" - energy costs take money out of EVERY POCKET (people, productivity, business). We have abundant energy - but we chase after 'magic' energy and we're paying (again) to "make it happen" - and we wonder where all the money is going? Between 'green' energy and climate change razzamatazz..... we cost and stop ourselves at every turn.

Look at all we've 'shut down' - lumber industry, oil and coal industry, and we're working hard to shut down or obstruct trucking (in CA), and many other things - then we ask, where are the jobs? Enviro-madness. Tax-madness. Union-madness. (ie, when Boeing has to expand out-of-state...) And -NEWS FLASH- your healthcare is "necessarily sky-rocketing" too - and parts of it will shut down as a result.

So now, I do blame the current administration..... and the voters who put it there.... twice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies