U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 11:27 AM

7,372 posts, read 4,468,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
My family is in the top 5% of earners in the country.
Good for you. Now maybe since your family is rich and you feel the need to announce it, you shouldn't be telling people who don't have your kind of money what their concerns should be.
Quote:
White lower middle class peoples obsession with poor black people taking their tax money through welfare fraud is disproportionate to the actual problem. It's effect on lower middle class white people is so miniscule compared to so many other things, that it renders the whole thing absurd. Yet you have dozens of these people who spend all day on internet forums whining about how poor black people are ripping them off because they get food stamps. If you're making 40K living in some crap hole town in Ohio, you're basically contributing jack squat to some welfare queen in the projects and her food stamps.

Get over yourselves.
I don't care if it's one cent. If I earned that cent by working for it, and the government took it away and gave it to some woman who dropped out of high school and got pregnant at 16, I have every right to complain about it. So why don't you take your own advice and get over yourself and quit telling the little people in their craphole towns what they should be doing from your lofty top 5% position. Arrogance isn't an attractive trait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 11:31 AM

10,013 posts, read 13,059,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Good for you. Now maybe since your family is rich and you feel the need to announce it, you shouldn't be telling people who don't have your kind of money what their concerns should be.

I don't care if it's one cent. If I earned that cent by working for it, and the government took it away and gave it to some woman who dropped out of high school and got pregnant at 16, I have every right to complain about it. So why don't you take your own advice and get over yourself and quit telling the little people in their craphole towns what they should be doing from your lofty top 5% position. Arrogance isn't an attractive trait.
You missed the point. I put in a far greater percentage of my salary towards social programs then the majority of people complaining about them on this forum. Someone making 40K a year is most likely putting NOTHING towards food stamps or "welfare"

Yet I don't feel compelled to sit here everyday spewing about the evil lazy welfare people stealing my money...because that's a foolish juvenile way to view the situation.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:35 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,949,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Actually, most people on welfare are either children or the elderly.

Most of the rest are only on welfare for short periods. The problem with low-end jobs these days is that they are usually also short-term and rarely are bottom rungs of reliable career ladders. Work six months and, no, you don't get promoted, you get fired so they can hire someone else at that wage.

In the interim between such jobs, the person is on welfare.

There are two great fallacies, one of the Left and one of the Right. The first great fallacy is that everyone is capable of going to college and becoming a doctor. The other great fallacy is that everyone is capable of being an independent entrepreneur and becoming Bill Gates.

The truth is that the vast majority of people are average schmoes who truly were not born with the ability to do either. They can be trained to work for someone who does, and that's the best the averge person can attain. A great lie of "American exceptinalism" is that all Americans are exceptional.
What we don't need but what we're doing is warehousing millions of non-productive Americans who can live high on the hog on welfare handouts and are becoming more and more useless. Why so many children on welfare? Two parents who don't want to provide for the kids they're having -- and these are the people having the most kids. That should stop, we're actually rewarding irresponsible breeding.

Then in order to have low skilled workers, we must import them by the millions -- only illegals seem to actually want to work -- and you never hear of the illegals having any trouble at all finding jobs. At least they'll work until they too start giving birth here and can then retire.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
You missed the point. I put in a far greater percentage of my salary towards social programs then the majority of people complaining about them on this forum. Someone making 40K a year is most likely putting NOTHING towards food stamps or "welfare"

Yet I don't feel compelled to sit here everyday spewing about the evil lazy welfare people stealing my money...because that's a foolish juvenile way to view the situation.
If you are one of the 1% ultra elites, you are NOT doing your fair share. The rich are also a problem. Not the person making 40K a year and actually supporting his family and not taking all that government money that goes to the rich and the lazy poor.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:38 AM

7,372 posts, read 4,468,211 times
Quote:

Each dollar a lower middle class person puts into the system has a much greater effect on their lifestyle than a dollar does to an upper middle class or rich person. While taxes fluctuate depending on your income, the price of goods does not. If you have $200,000 and put $100,000 into the system you are still left in much better shape than someone who has $50,000 and puts $10,000 into the system.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:42 AM

18,243 posts, read 9,993,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Although such women make up a larger percentage of the black population, the huge majority of "welfare queens" are white women.

For that matter, it's also true that the greatest displacement of white males by Affirmative Action was also by white women.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Although such women make up a larger percentage of the black population, the huge majority of "welfare queens" are white women.

For that matter, it's also true that the greatest displacement of white males by Affirmative Action was also by white women.
So then it shouldn't be so difficult to stop encouraging the irresponsible breeding. Cut them all off -- rewarding lazy women to lay around and do nothing but give birth is a stupid plan. That's why we're seeing a big spike in impoverished children. Since it's whites who are the bulk of this problem -- no reason not to end it.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:49 AM

21,061 posts, read 10,743,281 times
Quote:

Why bring up race? A bum is a bum.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:49 AM

11,107 posts, read 6,292,754 times
Quote:

Ralph, no one is talking about race, white, black or brown, but you. The discussion topic is not about bashing poor people, either. It is about ending poverty.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:58 AM

18,243 posts, read 9,993,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Ralph, no one is talking about race, white, black or brown, but you. The discussion topic is not about bashing poor people, either. It is about ending poverty.
I didn't say this earlier:

Quote:

White lower middle class peoples obsession with poor black people taking
their tax money through welfare fraud is disproportionate to the actual problem.
It's effect on lower middle class white people is so miniscule compared to so
many other things, that it renders the whole thing absurd. Yet you have dozens
of these people who spend all day on internet forums whining about how poor
black people are ripping them off because they get food stamps. If you're making
40K living in some crap hole town in Ohio, you're basically contributing jack
squat to some welfare queen in the projects and her food stamps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies