U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 12:00 PM

10,030 posts, read 13,073,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Each dollar a lower middle class person puts into the system has a much greater effect on their lifestyle than a dollar does to an upper middle class or rich person. While taxes fluctuate depending on your income, the price of goods does not. If you have $200,000 and put $100,000 into the system you are still left in much better shape than someone who has $50,000 and puts $10,000 into the system.
I hope you aren't a RWNJ, because that pretty much proves the justification for proegressive taxation right there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 12:04 PM

10,030 posts, read 13,073,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I didn't say this earlier:
The disporportionate outrage about welfare is a direct result of the idea of the "welfare queen" propaganda that Ronald Reagan used effectively during his political career. The idea of taking poor/working white peoples focus off the super rich, and turning it towards the black welfare boogeyman who was the REAL villain making their lives so hard. You can be sure that the majority of people whose knee jerk reaction towards this subject is to talk about "breeding" and such are racially motivated.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:05 PM

6,209 posts, read 6,621,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The market would take over. Also, tax cuts for the job creators.
So, what you would advocate is outsource the government?

Old 12-06-2013, 12:07 PM

33,046 posts, read 20,918,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
as i said those that WANT to get out of poverty usually do. there are many that SAY they want to get out of poverty, but then dont do the things they need to do to get out. they dont go the extra mile to get the employers attention to get a promotion, they dont go out and get a continuing education, etc. they just go to work, do their job, and go home. sometimes they will **** and moan about how they arent making any money, or getting ahead, but thats all they do.

??? I've had jobs where there are no promotions or where it would literally take decades for anyone to get a promotion. Ever heard of dead-end jobs? And what about those who can't afford continuing education?

Old 12-06-2013, 12:09 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,992,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The disporportionate outrage about welfare is a direct result of the idea of the "welfare queen" propaganda that Ronald Reagan used effectively during his political career. The idea of taking poor/working white peoples focus off the super rich, and turning it towards the black welfare boogeyman who was the REAL villain making their lives so hard. You can be sure that the majority of people whose knee jerk reaction towards this subject is to talk about "breeding" and such are racially motivated.
Since most of the welfare queens are actually white, there should be no problem ending welfare as a reward for irresponsible breeding. A bum is a bum, race isn't the issue.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:16 PM

6,209 posts, read 6,621,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Since most of the welfare queens are actually white, there should be no problem ending welfare as a reward for irresponsible breeding. A bum is a bum, race isn't the issue.
Ok, tell us all how to end irresponsible breeding. Are you saying cut off all welfare to an irresponsible female. If that is the case what about the child?

Old 12-06-2013, 12:19 PM

18,273 posts, read 10,020,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It is the political issue that pushes votes from one side ot the other.

If you go to YouTube and look up things like "wellfare queen,' it's interesting that somehow nobody finds the white women, even though they're the vast majority are white. Nobody can find a white mother on welfare to put on YouTube? I can go to the west side of my town and find them all over the place.

What is the agenda there?

Old 12-06-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Ok, tell us all how to end irresponsible breeding. Are you saying cut off all welfare to an irresponsible female. If that is the case what about the child?
The child has TWO parents who should be supporting the child. Throwing money at this problem won't solve it, already in many parts of the country, the impoverished single mothers are having lots more births than working taxpaying couples.

Why reward these people with even free cash (TANF) and a whole free living that includes nice air conditioned homes, free everything? Nothing wrong with having babies IF and and only if the parent(s) will provide for them.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
It is the political issue that pushes votes from one side ot the other.

If you go to YouTube and look up things like "wellfare queen,' it's interesting that somehow nobody finds the white women, even though they're the vast majority are white. Nobody can find a white mother on welfare to put on YouTube? I can go to the west side of my town and find them all over the place.

What is the agenda there?
That may be the agenda of those who are posting videos of black welfare queens. I would say end all the easy and generous welfare handouts to ALL welfare queens, independent of race. No more free life just for laying around having sex and giving birth.

Let the fathers and the mothers of these kids start working to provide a living for their families. I'll provide for my own kids.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:37 PM

29,055 posts, read 15,682,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The point is calling people who are in poverty lazy is a false generalization seeing most people in poverty are working hard trying to pull themselves out of it or at the very least try and keep up.
How do you know that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies