U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-08-2013, 10:47 AM
 
9,473 posts, read 5,698,153 times
Reputation: 2161

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Not when all MM does is repeat, ad nauseam, the same half-dozen points.
Pot, meet kettle. All you ever do is post talking points from radical left wing liars.



Quote:
At that point, we know what she has to complain about...but does she do anything else?
You don't.

Quote:
As for XRay -- It's easy to say you're a Democrat but when you offer nothing but Republican talking points, forgive me for doubting your word.
Nice. If you're a Democrat, you WILL ONLY SPEAK THE APPROVED SENTENCES.

Amazingly narrow minded, aren't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-08-2013, 10:55 AM
 
15,918 posts, read 8,530,996 times
Reputation: 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Not when all MM does is repeat, ad nauseam, the same half-dozen points. At that point, we know what she has to complain about...but does she do anything else?

As for XRay -- It's easy to say you're a Democrat but when you offer nothing but Republican talking points, forgive me for doubting your word.
I posted Government Statistics - Facts - that show a bleak economy that has actually worsened during the "recovery."

You have posted zero facts and made straw man arguments and attacks...a perfect Obama supporter.



Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
We'll know Obama has improved things when the liberals will agree that it's time to cut the unemployment extentions, food stamps, disability fraud and other welfare handouts.

A good economy does not have increasing rates of food stamp recipients, Medicaid and other government dependents.
Or increasing QE economic stimulus. The recovery is going so great we need increase money creation!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2013, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Texas
32,864 posts, read 17,895,308 times
Reputation: 18902
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Oh the ignorance...

#1 If the Fed allowed interest rates to rise to historic averages of the past few decades, the interest on our national debt would soar and we would be back to 1 Trillion Dollar a year Deficits. The question is, can we continue such high levels of QE to keep the interest rate down so Obama appears better and Hillary gets dumped on?

#2 Bush stinks. But you are a fool if you think it is all his fault. Housing bubble started on Clinton's watch. Clinton and the GOP repealed Glass-Stegall. Clinton and GOP put in place NAFTA. Clinton hammered China into the WTO and outsourcing skyrocketed. Clinton never had a true surplus where the national debt shrunk over the course of a Fiscal Year. Reagan did some poor things too. ETC...

You use "if" a lot in your fantasy scenarios.

Fits right in with your lame attempts to sling insults.

Carry on.


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2013, 01:25 PM
 
7,372 posts, read 4,474,203 times
Reputation: 3126
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
OK Fancy - take me on! I'm a Democrat - I dislike the President and never voted for him because I didn't trust him from the get go.

If someone disagrees with your views you automatically attack them and label them as either tea partiers or racists.

I have seen nothing that the President has done to improve this country except making people more dependent on the government. His jobs initiative failed. His healthcare plan is nothing more than redistributing the wealth affecting mostly the middle class. Education is suffering due to Common Core, which is a failure disliked by teachers, parents and students.

I've seen a President that preached bipartisanism during the elections - thumb his nose at those on the other side and not even meet with them to discuss things, but instead ram things through and use "Executive privileges" to circumvent them.

There are many Democrats in my area that are fed up as was witnessed by the recent elections in my area. There are many of us that are no longer participating members in our local party due to the mindless followers that no longer think for themselves but believe the canned rhetoric being given out..

There were many alternatives or visions for the ACA - but the Republicans thoughts were never presented for a vote - Thank you Mr Reid.

The Democrat party of the past was the working man's party - not anymore. That working man can no longer afford to follow the party as they just continue to take, take take and give to those who could care less where the money comes from as long as they get it. If the democrats want to retain their party members - they better start thinking of solutions to the problems this country has instead of just bandaging it with printing more money, redistributing the wealth or robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Republicans are not the only ones you have issues with, but many disenchanted lifelong Democrats.
Despite many liberals' loud claims that they are the true moderates, all you have to do to see the truth is look at the caucus numbers. The traditional Blue Dog caucus has dropped like a stone, losing 2/3 of its membership, down to 14 now, while the leftist Progressive caucus, which was established by 6 members for the express purpose of moving the party further to the left, has grown steadily up to 71 members now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2013, 01:29 PM
 
15,918 posts, read 8,530,996 times
Reputation: 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You use "if" a lot in your fantasy scenarios.

Fits right in with your lame attempts to sling insults.

Carry on.


Which of the following isn't true?

Since Obama declared the recovery began:

-Poverty Rate has Risen

-Number on Food Stamps has Risen

-Median Household Income has Fallen

-Ratio of Full Time Jobs* in the Economy has Fallen.

-Employment Participation Dropped and at its Lowest rate since the 70s.

-Employment Participation for 25 to 54 year olds Dropped and at its Lowest rate since the 80s.

-QE economic stimulus Increased to all time Highs.

Here is a question for you...what percent of the created jobs are full time and pay a living wage? You won't answer...the fact isn't convenient.

*Full time jobs tend to offer benefits unlike part time jobs...making this even more harmful


True or false, if we had recent historical average interest rates the national annual deficit would be ~1 Trillion Dollars?

True or false, we are artificially keeping interest rates low through QE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2013, 02:05 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
25,604 posts, read 14,682,804 times
Reputation: 9304
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Nice. If you're a Democrat, you WILL ONLY SPEAK THE APPROVED SENTENCES.

Amazingly narrow minded, aren't you?
This is any I am proud to be independent, I can pick and choose which talking points make sense and which are total and utter hogwash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2013, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Texas
32,864 posts, read 17,895,308 times
Reputation: 18902
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Which of the following isn't true?

Since Obama declared the recovery began:

-Poverty Rate has Risen

-Number on Food Stamps has Risen

-Median Household Income has Fallen

-Ratio of Full Time Jobs* in the Economy has Fallen.

-Employment Participation Dropped and at its Lowest rate since the 70s.

-Employment Participation for 25 to 54 year olds Dropped and at its Lowest rate since the 80s.

-QE economic stimulus Increased to all time Highs.

Here is a question for you...what percent of the created jobs are full time and pay a living wage? You won't answer...the fact isn't convenient.

*Full time jobs tend to offer benefits unlike part time jobs...making this even more harmful


True or false, if we had recent historical average interest rates the national annual deficit would be ~1 Trillion Dollars?

True or false, we are artificially keeping interest rates low through QE?
Just think how much better off we'd all be if Dubya and GOP policy (tax cuts/trickle-down/deregulation) hadn't crashed the economy five years back.

If only...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2013, 04:04 PM
 
15,918 posts, read 8,530,996 times
Reputation: 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Just think how much better off we'd all be if Dubya and GOP policy (tax cuts/trickle-down/deregulation) hadn't crashed the economy five years back.

If only...

So you agree with all of my government facts on how the economy looks bleak.

You also agree with me that mathematically speaking if interest rates rise to normal averages our annual deficit would rise back up to ~1 Trillion...hence the $85 Billion a month in QE money creation continuing.

Dubya stunk. Too bad Obama stinks to.

Isn't Obama's QE trickle down in theory? Isn't Obama's systemically important policy also trickle down in theory as well?

Obama and Bush two peas in a pod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2013, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Texas
32,864 posts, read 17,895,308 times
Reputation: 18902
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So you agree with all of my government facts on how the economy looks bleak.

You also agree with me that mathematically speaking if interest rates rise to normal averages our annual deficit would rise back up to ~1 Trillion...hence the $85 Billion a month in QE money creation continuing.

Dubya stunk. Too bad Obama stinks to.

Isn't Obama's QE trickle down in theory? Isn't Obama's systemically important policy also trickle down in theory as well?

Obama and Bush two peas in a pod.
If there were any truth to that silly assertion, the rabid right wing hatred would have never erupted.

It has.

Your brethren on the right disagree with you on the point. Strongly and loudly.

And persistently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2013, 07:47 PM
 
15,918 posts, read 8,530,996 times
Reputation: 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
If there were any truth to that silly assertion, the rabid right wing hatred would have never erupted.

It has.

Your brethren on the right disagree with you on the point. Strongly and loudly.

And persistently.
Why do you always avoid facts?

Another straw man - I am not "right wing." The fact that you have to lie so much should be a wake up sign that you need to think for once.

Both wings have their extremely biased people that are blind. Look in a mirror.


Obama = Bush with lobbyists in the WH, Wasteful Budgets, No Bid Contracts, Halliburton, Drones, Too Big To Fail, Patriot Act, Special Access for Donors, foreign military bases, etc......ad nauseum -- you don't care, because you are infatuated with Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top