Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 03:31 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,371 times

Advertisements

It's too bad Mandela died the way that he did. He should have had a tire around his neck filled with diesel fuel and burning.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:32 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
It's too bad Mandela died the way that he did. He should have had a tire around his neck filled with diesel fuel and burning.
Exactly.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:36 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,854,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
sick, very sick. And shockingly ignorant.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:37 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,854,666 times
the late Christopher Hitchens on Mandela:

Perhaps the most stirring single event of South African history was the aesthetically perfect moment in February 1985 when his jailers came to Nelson Mandela and told him he was free to leave. And he loftily declined! He would quit the prison when he was ready, and when the whole country had been released, and not a moment before. At that instant, the morons who had confined him became slowly aware that he was already the president of the republic and had in fact been in moral command of the office for some considerable time. Nor was it just a matter of his charisma. A well-rooted and experienced non-racial party, the African National Congress, had for years been saying to the apartheid authorities, with complete confidence: When you are finished running this country into the ground, we are absolutely prepared to replace you. In utero, and well into its third trimester, the new South Africa already existed. -- Christopher HItchens

Old 12-07-2013, 03:45 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
South Africa - GDP

Looks like SA's economy has done remarkably well since 2003.

I do not universally condemn terrorism. Sometimes it is a useful tool against tyranny.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:08 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
To be honest I thought that the Paul Walker death was overly covered...... a man like Mandela.... I don't see as much of a problem with that.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:14 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Oh I don't know, maybe not slaughter innocent people.
So you are not familiar with the history of the ANC then I take it?

Old 12-07-2013, 11:00 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantabriansea View Post
I don't care being politically incorrect.
I'm tired of the massive massmedia coverage about the death of Mandela...
Not sad, he did nothing for the khoisan people.

Look here Genocide of the Khoisan people

No idea which was the power who raised him and turned him into a Saint to the eyes of the world, but he was no Saint at all.
The image sold by the massmedia prentended that he was a kind of political pacifist leader... but he was the leader of a paramilitar organization, the MK.... a organization involved in hundred of killings.
And he "won" the nobel prize... But you won't hear anything about this on the news.
Anyway I understand that he favoured the bantu people, his people, and did nothing for the whites, but there's no excuse for saint mandela, not helping to stop the khoisan genocide.

I'm not buying this.

I knew this type of post was coming. My suggestion is to turn off your tv and go outside or spend more time with your family until it blows over.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:18 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Mandela obviously means a lot to certain people especially those in South Africa. The whites as a group mistreated and abused the black population. I doubt that anyone can dispute that fact.
What is Mandela to the United States or someone who has absolutely no desire to go to South Africa?
To me nothing. He is just another person from another country. I love history and respect what Winston Churchill did, but at the end of the day he is really is just a point in history to me.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:28 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantabriansea View Post
I don't care being politically incorrect.
I'm tired of the massive massmedia coverage about the death of Mandela...
Not sad, he did nothing for the khoisan people.

Look here Genocide of the Khoisan people

No idea which was the power who raised him and turned him into a Saint to the eyes of the world, but he was no Saint at all.
The image sold by the massmedia prentended that he was a kind of political pacifist leader... but he was the leader of a paramilitar organization, the MK.... a organization involved in hundred of killings.
And he "won" the nobel prize... But you won't hear anything about this on the news.
Anyway I understand that he favoured the bantu people, his people, and did nothing for the whites, but there's no excuse for saint mandela, not helping to stop the khoisan genocide.

I'm not buying this.
Anyone who spent 27 years in prison and came out the way he did is a saint in my eyes. There was no animosity, his goal was to help his country which he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies