U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-09-2013, 05:19 PM
 
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
8,552 posts, read 5,938,552 times
Reputation: 5483

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
You o-bots are funny. It must suck so bad to be you.
Since you're from California, I would think it "sucks" to be the California Republican Party, which is broke (they don't even have a dedicated office), doesn't have a elected member to a statewide office, and has lost representation both at the state legislative level and Congressional level. And show little signs of getting out of their hole after pretty much alienating a generation of Latinos since 1994.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-09-2013, 08:14 PM
 
Location: west mich
5,740 posts, read 5,685,262 times
Reputation: 2108
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Since you're from California, I would think it "sucks" to be the California Republican Party, which is broke (they don't even have a dedicated office), doesn't have a elected member to a statewide office, and has lost representation both at the state legislative level and Congressional level. And show little signs of getting out of their hole after pretty much alienating a generation of Latinos since 1994.
Must also suck for a dyed-in-the-wool California repub to have one's economy in recovery with taxes raised on the wealthy and the hated Jerry Brown as governor - not to be talked about of course. So much for trickle-down.
Let's just keep up the corporate media rhetoric about how supply-side economics and pampering the wealthy "job creators" is what really works for America, even though it has had decades to work its "magic" but with negative result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2013, 08:31 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,992,139 times
Reputation: 22180
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Must also suck for a dyed-in-the-wool California repub to have one's economy in recovery with taxes raised on the wealthy and the hated Jerry Brown as governor - not to be talked about of course. So much for trickle-down.
Let's just keep up the corporate media rhetoric about how supply-side economics and pampering the wealthy "job creators" is what really works for America, even though it has had decades to work its "magic" but with negative result.
Liberals are creating plenty of jobs but not for Americans especially not for black Americans. Every chance obama can, he runs to the border or to some group of illegals and starts promising them the "American Dream" and all that goes with it. You won't see him go to the inner city or any region with high unemployment and promise the same "American Dream" of a great job but instead he promises more unemployment extensions and food stamps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2013, 08:31 PM
 
32,050 posts, read 14,803,197 times
Reputation: 8562
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Since you're from California, I would think it "sucks" to be the California Republican Party, which is broke (they don't even have a dedicated office), doesn't have a elected member to a statewide office, and has lost representation both at the state legislative level and Congressional level. And show little signs of getting out of their hole after pretty much alienating a generation of Latinos since 1994.
And just how have the Republicans alienated Latinos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 PM
 
Location: west mich
5,740 posts, read 5,685,262 times
Reputation: 2108
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Liberals are creating plenty of jobs but not for Americans especially not for black Americans. Every chance obama can, he runs to the border or to some group of illegals and starts promising them the "American Dream" and all that goes with it. You won't see him go to the inner city or any region with high unemployment and promise the same "American Dream" of a great job but instead he promises more unemployment extensions and food stamps.
You can't even explain this unfathomable sentence, nor have you revealed the republicon jobs plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2013, 11:51 PM
 
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
8,552 posts, read 5,938,552 times
Reputation: 5483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And just how have the Republicans alienated Latinos?
The fact that you even have to ask (and seem to question there is a problem) really shows you have a long way to go.

Look at the last few elections on the Latino vote by party. Or go google "Pete Wilson" in California for a start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 12:17 AM
 
Location: Lost in Texas
9,833 posts, read 5,635,116 times
Reputation: 3399
I don't expect hispanics and young voters to come out in droves and vote republican. That said, they probably won't show up and vote at all. The democratic party needs the hispanic vote and the youth vote. Without it, they stand little chance of holding the senate. If Obama loses the senate he is officially a lame duck president. The remainder of his term will be restricted as to his continuing agenda. Yes, polls of a second term president do matter. He has no coat tails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 08:45 AM
 
32,050 posts, read 14,803,197 times
Reputation: 8562
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
The fact that you even have to ask (and seem to question there is a problem) really shows you have a long way to go.

Look at the last few elections on the Latino vote by party. Or go google "Pete Wilson" in California for a start.
No, the problem is that you won't answer that question because you know that most Latinos think their ethnic group in this country illegally should get a pass on our immigration laws and most of the GOP disagrees with that. So they should thumb their noses at our immigration laws so as not to "alienate" Latinos? Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 07:50 PM
 
Location: west mich
5,740 posts, read 5,685,262 times
Reputation: 2108
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
The fact that you even have to ask (and seem to question there is a problem) really shows you have a long way to go.

Look at the last few elections on the Latino vote by party. Or go google "Pete Wilson" in California for a start.
Notice the "quizzing game".
Fox has convinced them that the right wing is now, and always has been, the champion of minority rights - you know, tough love, employment, and a free boat ride to the greatest nation on earth. What ingrates!
Some statements by consummate conservative Pat Buchanan sum up their fears.
"Mexico is moving north. Ethnically, linguistically, and culturally, the verdict of 1848 is being overturned. Will this Mexican nation within a nation advance the goals of the Constitution--to "insure domestic tranquility" and "make us a more perfect union"? Or has our passivity in the face of this invasion imperiled our union?"

"Those who believe the rise to power of an Obama rainbow coalition of peoples of color means the whites who helped to engineer it will steer it are deluding themselves. The whites may discover what it is like to ride in the back of the bus."

"...What motivates people who insist that America's doors be held open wide until the European majority has disappeared? "

“If we do not get control of our borders, by 2050 Americans of European descent will be a minority in the nation their ancestors created and built.”

"America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known."

On this forum they will remind you that the democrats have been the party of black slavery, which they were up until 1960 when the parties exchanged ideologies.

Here is their solution to the "liberal world stacked against them" - a PR campaign designed to change their "erroneous image".
Republican Party Increases Latino Outreach By Hiring 'Hispanic Engagement Staff'
There
Why is Ted Cruz attending Mandela's memorial service? - CNN.com

That's right, after doing so much for minorities they are thanked for their efforts with an unfair "image" foisted upon them by cruel liberals.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 12-10-2013 at 08:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 08:54 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,399,688 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Notice the "quizzing game".
Fox has convinced them that the right wing is now, and always has been, the champion of minority rights - you know, tough love, employment, and a free boat ride to the greatest nation on earth. What ingrates!
Some statements by consummate conservative Pat Buchanan sum up their fears.
"Mexico is moving north. Ethnically, linguistically, and culturally, the verdict of 1848 is being overturned. Will this Mexican nation within a nation advance the goals of the Constitution--to "insure domestic tranquility" and "make us a more perfect union"? Or has our passivity in the face of this invasion imperiled our union?"

"Those who believe the rise to power of an Obama rainbow coalition of peoples of color means the whites who helped to engineer it will steer it are deluding themselves. The whites may discover what it is like to ride in the back of the bus."

"...What motivates people who insist that America's doors be held open wide until the European majority has disappeared? "

“If we do not get control of our borders, by 2050 Americans of European descent will be a minority in the nation their ancestors created and built.”

"America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known."

On this forum they will remind you that the democrats have been the party of black slavery, which they were up until 1960 when the parties exchanged ideologies.

Here is their solution to the "liberal world stacked against them" - a PR campaign designed to change their "erroneous image".
Republican Party Increases Latino Outreach By Hiring 'Hispanic Engagement Staff'
There
Why is Ted Cruz attending Mandela's memorial service? - CNN.com

That's right, after doing so much for minorities they are thanked for their efforts with an unfair "image" foisted upon them by cruel liberals.
Buchanon's right. Cruz ain't a "Hispanic" IMHO tho he IS a Canadian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top