U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-06-2013, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Annandale, VA
5,098 posts, read 4,126,632 times
Reputation: 4199

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Elizabeth Warren's indian name is "Lies On Race Box."

I thought is was "Fauxchahontas"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-06-2013, 12:52 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,300,095 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Elizabeth Warren's indian name is "Lies On Race Box."
That and a few others i can think of!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2013, 12:54 PM
 
22,770 posts, read 25,209,535 times
Reputation: 14506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Yes. Lying about your background or qualifications to advance your standing in academic circles.
what evidence do you have that she has no native american ancestry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2013, 01:13 PM
 
2,836 posts, read 3,007,237 times
Reputation: 1399
Go get'em Elizabeth!
Elizabeth Warren Versus the Think Tanks - Bloomberg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2013, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Annandale, VA
5,098 posts, read 4,126,632 times
Reputation: 4199
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
what evidence do you have that she has no native american ancestry?

She does not have enough if any to be recognized by any tribe in America or to qualify for affirmative action status to get on the Harvard faculty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2013, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,353 posts, read 79,541,504 times
Reputation: 38690
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You folks are pathetic. Seriously.

So she claimed she was part indian...BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS.

Did Elizabeth Warren check the Native American box when she ‘applied’ to Harvard and Penn? - The Washington Post

And...this is a pretty common thing believe it or not. Its all he said she said stuff about family histories, sometimes it is true, sometimes it isn't. Sometimes its family feuds from long ago where marrying a part Indian was a bad thing, so the other side accused them of it. Again..this is a very common mistake made. Its even very possible she has some Cherokee blood, but not enough to claim it. Also another common mistake. She has contributed to a indian cook book however...I suppose that could be viewed as a benefit...is that it?

And this is the thing you guys use against her? Really? This is a truly pathetic attack. Her marking it on her forms has had no apparent benefit to her in any way apparently. But this is your controversy? A mistake made by thousands and thousands of people.

And now she is abusing her position by saying that anonymously paid for attacks on political figures by corporations shouldnt be allowed? Really? This is what gets your goat? That she wants the underlying cause of an attack ad to be apparent?

Truly sad when this is so important, when there are so many other more important things.
you really believe she thought she was: Give me a break as Stossel would say!!!!!

Le Roi I guess you don't really follow politics to closely: she admitted it, that is the proof!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2013, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Long Island
29,603 posts, read 12,379,359 times
Reputation: 6127
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well maybe this article will "ground you".

She's only going after the banks on this.
All companies are allowed to contribute to think tanks with no reporting.


Elizabeth Warren: Big Banks Should Reveal Their Donations to Influential Think Tanks | Mother Jones

The SEC was going to do something about corporate disclosure and political spending but they quietly dropped it.
The SEC Won't Force Corporations to Disclose Their Political Spending (Yet) | Mother Jones

When it comes to business and politics, the politics do not bite the hand that feeds them.

She's on the senate banking committee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2013, 07:55 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,360 posts, read 30,672,464 times
Reputation: 12857
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I thought Native Americans were a humble people.

I'm pretty sure all of us here posting, but for a very few Europeans, are native Americans.
I was born in the State of Oklahoma, in the US of America. My heritage is Cherokee, Seminole and Scottish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2013, 05:48 AM
 
9,473 posts, read 5,657,997 times
Reputation: 2161
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
That article takes a highly suspect leap of interpretive faith, which I'm sure that people of a certain fixed mindset will happily embrace.
The only thing "suspect" is that it doesn't follow the party line, from your POV.

Leftists, indeed, are authoritarian powermongers. EVERY ONE OF THEM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2013, 05:52 AM
 
9,473 posts, read 5,657,997 times
Reputation: 2161
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You folks are pathetic. Seriously.

So she claimed she was part indian...BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS.
LOLOLOL!!!! No, because it gave her an "edge" in admissions.

Quote:
Did Elizabeth Warren check the Native American box when she ‘applied’ to Harvard and Penn? - The Washington Post

And...this is a pretty common thing believe it or not. Its all he said she said stuff about family histories, sometimes it is true, sometimes it isn't. Sometimes its family feuds from long ago where marrying a part Indian was a bad thing, so the other side accused them of it. Again..this is a very common mistake made. Its even very possible she has some Cherokee blood, but not enough to claim it. Also another common mistake. She has contributed to a indian cook book however...I suppose that could be viewed as a benefit...is that it?

And this is the thing you guys use against her? Really? This is a truly pathetic attack. Her marking it on her forms has had no apparent benefit to her in any way apparently. But this is your controversy? A mistake made by thousands and thousands of people.
No, she exploited the very "unequal admissions" mechanism she promotes for others. That she didn't verify it legally means she cheated. Plain and simple. Making excuses for her is butt-kissing.

Quote:
And now she is abusing her position by saying that anonymously paid for attacks on political figures by corporations shouldnt be allowed? Really? This is what gets your goat? That she wants the underlying cause of an attack ad to be apparent?
Because we have a first amendment, she absolutely should not be attempting to squash it.

Quote:
Truly sad when this is so important, when there are so many other more important things.
NOTHING trumps character, in terms of importance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top